3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/18 - Sun 1/19/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291786-ip-weekend-chat-sat-1-18-sun-1-19-2014-a.html)

Slipfree 01-18-2014 08:09 PM

Thank you, Shrinkingsusie, you rock!

nolasmurf 01-18-2014 10:19 PM

Hey all. Super busy weekend at work. Home now wrapped up in a blanket withmy pups. Fighting some killer sinus pressure. I just took some Advil cold and sinus and hope to sleep it off. See ya'll tomorrow !

Diana B 01-18-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4922328)
Good Morning!
Sorry I'm late.
Today is DH's birthday and we went out with some friends LATE last nite

I had to do something I haven't had to do in a LONG time. My friend, who has been SUPER supportive of my journey, kept pressuring me to have one drink. I finally said to her, "Why do you want to attempt to derail me?" She stopped and apologized. But wow. Sometimes people just don't think. What I choose to put in my body or not put in my body is so totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

My avatar pic (at left, in the pink) is an edit of a pic of DH and I in FL in December. I showed the same friend that (whole) pic and she said, "Wow, Lisa, you are so little. I don't think your head matches your body anymore."

This friend always has a lot of insight and perhaps some clairvoyance, as well. She gave me some ideas and some exercises to give the "old body" back to the universe. She thinks that is why I've been stuck (I'm not sure I've even discussed the stall with her - she just always seems to know stuff people haven't told her). Anyway, last spring on this forum, there was a conversation about being stuck/stalled at a weight due to not letting go of a life event/etc that occurred at that weight.

I had a private chat with someone about fear yesterday (damn scale). So now I'll be doing some work on letting go of whatever it is that I'm holding on to, that's holding the weight on me.

Whoever thinks it is ALL about calories in/calories out is definitely not in my camp.
I'm ramblimg. Hope I'm making a modicum of sense for someone!

Hi Lisa - You are making perfect sense to me, our minds have a lot to do with many things we can or cannot due....that's why I love this forum, there are so many different personalities and tips and atta girls (and boys ;) that are so helpful to me :D and others as well I'm sure. Let's all keep on keeping on :carrot:

skinnybride2be 01-18-2014 11:11 PM

Hi All -

Today was good. Hubby made me 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast, did some volunteering to find shelter dogs homes, and then laid out on the couch for awhile. Hunger is kicking my butt however. I'll try to get through it with water.

MSEMDEE 01-18-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trynagn (Post 4922385)
Morning ladies
Has anyone used the cereal flakes in a recipe for anything? I'm thinking of using it crushed on some veggies like the I do with the omelet mix but I'm not very creative.

You can use them on chicken for chicken strips or coating on fish or I have crushed them and made crab cakes. YUM!!!!

jendilly 01-19-2014 12:02 AM

Ugh! I'm really fighting the urge to have some snacks or sweets. Crackers, chocolate, anything. I've had all of my IP foods for the day, but for some reason I'm really wanting more. Fighting it, fighting it!! I'm ready to just curl up in my jammies and go to bed to end the day and fight the urge, but I have my youngest up still and my husband isn't home. I have no idea why I'm wanting to snack. I'm usually just fine at this time of night.

Slipfree 01-19-2014 12:09 AM

Jendilly, have a cup of tea or brush your teeth,those two things usually help. Remember, it is a craving not real hunger. You have done a fantastic job so far and giving in will knock you out of ketosis.

jendilly 01-19-2014 12:36 AM

Thanks for the support. I have now brushed my teeth and am committed to not eating a single thing. It's hard to have some of the things I've usually snacked on in the past in my house right now. I still have crackers and other things on hand for my kids to put in their lunches or snack themselves. I've been soooo good for over 3 weeks, I'm not about to jeopardize it all now.

shrinkingsusie 01-19-2014 08:37 AM

Good morning!

Hiker88 01-19-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendilly (Post 4922954)
Ugh! I'm really fighting the urge to have some snacks or sweets. Crackers, chocolate, anything. I've had all of my IP foods for the day, but for some reason I'm really wanting more. Fighting it, fighting it!! I'm ready to just curl up in my jammies and go to bed to end the day and fight the urge, but I have my youngest up still and my husband isn't home. I have no idea why I'm wanting to snack. I'm usually just fine at this time of night.

If the hunger is terribly bad, my coach tells me to have an extra packet.

ecdcslim 01-19-2014 08:54 AM

Good morning all - I DID IT!! I made goal with yesterday's weigh in. I can't believe it, I weigh what I used to weigh when I was in my late 20's. I still struggle 'seeing' it tho, but I know it will come in time. Now the hard part starts - phasing off!

Jendilly - you hang in there, it's just a craving, you're fighting old habits which is some ways is like fighting an addiction, but trust me you can do this and it's so worth it on so many levels.

Lisa32989 - I know that for me, I have had to fight the whole notion that being thin will solve all my problems - my life will magically get better - and on some level knowing that's total BS so it's a big conflict. You've been such an amazing source of fortitude and support for everyone on this forum and you've made a significant impact on my ability to do this plan. You DESERVE this, so embrace it and know we're all here believing in you and cheering you on.

Hiker88 01-19-2014 09:10 AM

ecdcslim Whee Hoo! Way to go! Congratulations!!!

Ruth Ann 01-19-2014 09:17 AM

:bravo: Hooray ecdcslim! That is so exciting!

lisa32989 01-19-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4923058)
Good morning all - I DID IT!! I made goal with yesterday's weigh in. I can't believe it, I weigh what I used to weigh when I was in my late 20's. I still struggle 'seeing' it tho, but I know it will come in time. Now the hard part starts - phasing off!

:bravo:

shrinkingsusie 01-19-2014 09:23 AM

Wtg ecdcslim!!!!! :cheer2: