3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/18 - Sun 1/19/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291786-ip-weekend-chat-sat-1-18-sun-1-19-2014-a.html)

PurpleMomster 01-18-2014 02:44 PM

Lisa - your post made total sense to me. I had a mental block when it came to getting under 200, it took me 3 or so weeks longer than I expected and I think a lot of that was mental since I stayed 100% OP the whole time. Once I did, it was fine. I'm kind of facing another one because at 172, I'm at the lowest weight I've been since I can't remember when.

And every time I look in the mirror or walk past a window, I don't see someone who has lost almost 70lbs, I still see the "old" me. It was only last weekend that I finally stopped heading to the biggest sizes in the clothing store - I haven't been those sizes for a long time.

In my mind, I think I still see myself as that overweight, unhappy person I was - not the much happier, thinner, stronger person I am now. It's just easier to believe the bad stuff about yourself then believe the good stuff, right?

Anyway, I had a rough morning so I'm crashed in bed watching a hockey game. Hope everyone has a great day!

Jo

Hgamroth 01-18-2014 02:44 PM

Good afternoon everyone! I am currently rebooting, losing what I have gained in the past year. My first go on IP I never ate artichokes. I received MANY in my bountiful basket today. How do you all cook them?

Sonyasbug 01-18-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4922328)
Good Morning!
Sorry I'm late.
Today is DH's birthday and we went out with some friends LATE last nite

I had to do something I haven't had to do in a LONG time. My friend, who has been SUPER supportive of my journey, kept pressuring me to have one drink. I finally said to her, "Why do you want to attempt to derail me?" She stopped and apologized. But wow. Sometimes people just don't think. What I choose to put in my body or not put in my body is so totally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

My avatar pic (at left, in the pink) is an edit of a pic of DH and I in FL in December. I showed the same friend that (whole) pic and she said, "Wow, Lisa, you are so little. I don't think your head matches your body anymore."

This friend always has a lot of insight and perhaps some clairvoyance, as well. She gave me some ideas and some exercises to give the "old body" back to the universe. She thinks that is why I've been stuck (I'm not sure I've even discussed the stall with her - she just always seems to know stuff people haven't told her). Anyway, last spring on this forum, there was a conversation about being stuck/stalled at a weight due to not letting go of a life event/etc that occurred at that weight.

I had a private chat with someone about fear yesterday (damn scale). So now I'll be doing some work on letting go of whatever it is that I'm holding on to, that's holding the weight on me.

Whoever thinks it is ALL about calories in/calories out is definitely not in my camp.
I'm ramblimg. Hope I'm making a modicum of sense for someone!

Lisa, I was one of those having that talk last spring. I explored it professionally and im a complete believer. That is something that is def shared by only people who have struggled w being obese for years. Its a year later for me and with my ups and downs of lbs ive never struggled with the holding again at 150. The changes I needed to make were epic, but I know it helped lead me to success. Your beautiful and strong, I know you too will figure it out and work through it.

IdealProteinNewbie 01-18-2014 03:04 PM

Welcome back Holly! Sorry, no artichokes on P1.

I hear you all on the unsolicited comments from people.

Unfortunately I was at Macy's not long ago and asked the saleswoman where the dress department was. Her response..."plus sizes are upstairs to the left." Burst out crying and ran for the escalator :(

Bellamack 01-18-2014 03:06 PM

Smiling while reading today's posts, not because they are amusing, but because it reassures me I am normal. All these things have happened to me & of course, I cursed myself, blamed myself, etc.

and as far as: Calories in = Calories out is BS. I use MyFitnessPal and Fitbit and this past week it had me losing 1.5 lbs and I lost 0.6 lbs. The cal in = cal out is for ideal circumstances, not mid-life women who are hypothyroid. lol.
Keep up all the good work, you are all so awesome. The support is so incredible. Have a wonderful day. We have more snow :(

Hgamroth 01-18-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4922680)

HA! Thanks IPN! That is probably why I didn't do them before! I obviously need to print off another sheet. I am going by my old tracking sheets and favorite meals. Amazing how quickly the pounds come off. Hope you are doing well! It sure looks like it! Congrats

65X65 01-18-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4922328)

I had a private chat with someone about fear yesterday (damn scale). So now I'll be doing some work on letting go of whatever it is that I'm holding on to, that's holding the weight on me.

Whoever thinks it is ALL about calories in/calories out is definitely not in my camp.
I'm ramblimg. Hope I'm making a modicum of sense for someone!

This is so true.... And for me I say the uncharted territory...handling and maintaining the loss, has been worthy of my fear.

Especially stressful is knowing you're being watched and the watchers feel they are part of the process (why??) with the right to comment question and comment some more. That unmentionable terror (stress) is enough to make the desire to remain where it's all good...and going the right way a strong subconscious safe place, and barrier to the end of one and beginning of the next chapter. I slowed to a point in August I felt I would not "do it" by my birthday...and almost did not. Yesterday I saw someone I have not seen in over a year...and the conversation made me so uncomfortable...and she could not let it go. It made me realize how much I'm glad those daily encounters and bumping into people are nearly over. Just let me be...I did not mention how gray her hair was or how much she has aged since we last met.....nor would I ever.

KookySuki 01-18-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4922680)

I hear you all on the unsolicited comments from people.

Unfortunately I was at Macy's not long ago and asked the saleswoman where the dress department was. Her response..."plus sizes are upstairs to the left." Burst out crying and ran for the escalator :(

That is ridiculous! I'd call and report that $&@%# to Macy's management. You could also send in a comment on their website to corporate.

Comments like that are completely inappropriate.

mckaren4 01-18-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trynagn (Post 4922385)
Morning ladies
Has anyone used the cereal flakes in a recipe for anything? I'm thinking of using it crushed on some veggies like the I do with the omelet mix but I'm not very creative.

Pancakes with Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal

Ingredients:
1 pack IP Crispy Cereal crushed into small pieces.
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Sprinkle Cinnamon & Nutmeg

Directions:
Beat together in small bowl the following:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following:
1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Mix dry ingredients and then add egg whites.
Best cooked on a non-stick pan.

ColoradoCarol 01-18-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckaren4 (Post 4922717)
Pancakes with Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal

Ingredients:
1 pack IP Crispy Cereal crushed into small pieces.
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Sprinkle Cinnamon & Nutmeg

Directions:
Beat together in small bowl the following:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following:
1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Mix dry ingredients and then add egg whites.
Best cooked on a non-stick pan.

How dou count the two egg whites? I know one egg counts as 2,oz protein

trynagn 01-18-2014 04:09 PM

Thanks swimmomma, you have some adorable family members there too! We've had other Rotties before but this one has an extra special spot in our hearts. She is our "baby"
Good luck on you journey!

IdealProteinNewbie 01-18-2014 04:11 PM

ColoradoCarol: IP removed the statement "anything not listed on this sheet must be 0 fat, 0 carbs and 0 sugar" from their latest protocol sheets however many of us still include 2 eggs whites per day as "free" for packet-hacks and certain recipes.

Ruth Ann 01-18-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol (Post 4922724)
How dou count the two egg whites? I know one egg counts as 2,oz protein

Carol - I've only ever used one egg white in the pancakes and then just added water to make it the right consistency. They come out great.

trynagn 01-18-2014 04:15 PM

Thanks mckaren I make the pancakes all the time. I love them! But this week I got something new. They are Cereal Flakes. I think they're like corn flakes so I'm thinking I can mush them like the crispy cereal and use them as a coating??!!

ColoradoCarol 01-18-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4922728)
ColoradoCarol: IP removed the statement "anything not listed on this sheet must be 0 fat, 0 carbs and 0 sugar" from their latest protocol sheets however many of us still include 2 eggs whites per day as "free" for packet-hacks and certain recipes.

Thanks IPN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4922731)
Carol - I've only ever used one egg white in the pancakes and then just added water to make it the right consistency. They come out great.

Great tip Ruth Ann thanks.

I am looking forward to making these tomorrow. I picked up some WF syrup today