IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/18 - Sun 1/19/2014

You're on Page 10 of 11
Go to
  • Grape seed oil is on the sheet!
  • Quote: Thank you all for your responses. Would it be permitable to sub a tablespoon of olive oil for grape seed oil on occasion? I had no idea it changes the fat to transfat! Good grief! Thanks for the heads up, 65x65!
    You're welcome!

There are some "academic" or more technical articles and references to "mufas" fatty acids and lipid chains out there... and the translation is ...a high heat conversion of olive oil results in "transfat"... Remembering that makes using canola or grape-seed oil a smarter choice. ESP since we are in pursuit of a healthy way of doing things.
  • Quote: Yes, I learned this from a chef as well! I went to one of Chef Verati's IP cooking workshops and switched to grape seed after that. Tastes just as good!
    Thx for confirming!
  • Quote: Grape seed oil is on the sheet!

Perfect! Thank you!
  • Day 1 complete. YAY!! I got all my veggies in and packets and my dinner. And water. Is it gonna hurt me That I did not get lettuce in?
  • If I use the pudding in the morning with spinach can I still have a bar for snack?
  • Hello all,
    I hope you don't mind my joining in on this forum. I am on my 3rd week of IP. Things have been going great, but today was a hard one. Not sure why. I was starving this am and pretty much the whole day. I am also a little down. Do you think it is the hormones. I have lost 13 pounds on my journey of losing 54. I am inspired by your positive attitude on this forum!
  • 'Unfortunately, obesity continues to be viewed by governments, payers, healthcare professionals, media and the public as being largely caused by laziness and over-consumption, a stigmatizing oversimplification of a complex health problem.'

An interesting article: Why We Should Consider Obesity A Disease
  • Quote: Hello all,
    I hope you don't mind my joining in on this forum. I am on my 3rd week of IP. Things have been going great, but today was a hard one. Not sure why. I was starving this am and pretty much the whole day. I am also a little down. Do you think it is the hormones. I have lost 13 pounds on my journey of losing 54. I am inspired by your positive attitude on this forum!
    Sometimes -- in times of particular hunger--I'll have a hard boiled egg or an extra packet of peach/mango drink.

I also find things a bit tougher when I am feeling down. If I need to munch, I will make a salad...a big one of greens and seasonings I like.

And I try to get busy with doing something. Idle time sometimes leads to fretting for me...which can lead to problem eating.

Lots has been learning how to better manage myself...take myself away from situations where I have to make choices.
  • Quote: If I use the pudding in the morning with spinach can I still have a bar for snack?
    As long as only one of them is a restricted, then yes.
  • Is it gonna hurt me that I did not get my lettuce in? I got all my veggies and everything else.
  • Quote: Is it gonna hurt me that I did not get my lettuce in? I got all my veggies and everything else.
    Lettuce is optional.
  • Quote: Is it gonna hurt me that I did not get my lettuce in? I got all my veggies and everything else.
    I don't bother with the lettuce unless I have a salad which is pretty rare.
  • Thanks for all the wonderful compliments and words of encouragement! You all are the best!
  • Quote: Hello all,
    It sounds like you are doing fantastic!!! Your symptoms sound familiar. This may not apply to you at all but when I experienced a hunger spike,even on other diets, it was usually just before a good drop in weight or size.
    It's also possible that your blood sugar is low and this could account for both the mood and hunger. I'd suggest considering packets and veggies in the higher carb range. There is some wiggle room though they are all pretty carb-restricted. I hope you feel better asap!