Old 01-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Red face Accidentally ate a bit of vegetable o

I've searched for the answer and am shy to post because I *just* joined IP and 3FC...but ...

I just came home from a long day and was looking sooo forward to my sirloin steak that my husband bbq'd.....when I got here there was a teeny tiny bit left after he fed the family...probably only about 4 ounces. *sigh*. I decided to have some of last night's leftover chicken breast to supplement the remaining ounces. Then halfway through the chicken breast I remembered that the LEFTOVERS were the ones that everyone else but me ate (mine I browned in olive oil). I browned THEIRS in veg oil, added some broth and roasted it in the oven.

What effect will it have? I'm probably being paranoid. I'm really also curious WHY not veg oil....not that I want veg oil...I'm just curious!!

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheriously; 01-15-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Sheriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!

You are fine.

In general, olive oil is a healthier type of fat but no worries!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #3  
maintaining since 9/2013

I wouldn't worry about it--same nutritional content as long as it's just pure oil. My understanding is that the reason they allow only olive & grapeseed oils is because those are the oils with the essential fatty acids that our bodies cannot synthesize to meet our needs. Since fats are so restricted, it's necessary to eat the correct ones. Good for you for noticing what you ate!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

That's all I wanted to hear, thank you!. I knew the health thing.....so I was hoping that's all there was to it. Thanks!!!
Sheriously is offline   Reply With Quote