Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default O.N. 2013 Fabulous in February

As we get caught up in the struggle of losing/maintaining the weight loss, I think we lose track of how far we have come.

What has changed about your body in the past year?

What are your favorite clothes to wear now?

Have you had any positive health changes?

Do you have an "I did it" moment?

Has being thinner lived up to your expectations?
Old 02-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #2  

Everything! Even my shoe size.

Jeans, because they are never tight.(even after the dryer)

My blood pressure is normal now. I can take a decongestant (could not with high BP), so colds are easier. Exercising is so much easier.

When size 8 jeans fit, I danced in the dressing room and cried when I got to the car.

I am definitely healthier. Clothes shopping has been much easier. People certainly notice the physical changes. The rest of life is pretty much the same as it was before IP.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #3  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
As we get caught up in the struggle of losing/maintaining the weight loss, I think we lose track of how far we have come.

Slipfree, your questions are wonderful! Our July Starters group will want to address them in a very few months - I am bookmarking this thread for future reference!!!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:22 PM   #4  

Thanks oneuh2! Questions on the thread often help during the winter doldrums.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Slip- could not have agreed more my shoes are down a size and a half!

I love wearing workout clothes and noticing how strong my body looks and dresses!

In terms of positive health changes I used to have horrible colds that would end up with ++ meds and now colds are fewer and less intense. My asthma is better. Blood work is all normal.

My "I did it" moment

Like you Slip it was when I was too small for plus sized clothes and no longer had to shop in the back of the store but could go out into the main store and buy the "regular" clothes. I had tears.

Being thinner has made me feel like I fit better into the world. Travelling is easier, buying clothes, working out, and I feel more confident in myself.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #6  

Jenny, I am so happy that you feel more confident in the world! You should because you are awesome.

I got on the scale this am and am 2 pounds over scream weight. Phase 3 today, phase 1 for a couple of days starting tomorrow. I know that it is a lot of sodium and water, because I did not go crazy at all.

I am home again today due to snow. Need to shovel the front and back decks and do the brisk 3 mile walk DVD. That should get my exercise in.

Hope you have a great day!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:

I like to wear more fitted clothes now, I feel better in jeans.

I have more energy, exercise more easily And feel healthier!

Last year when we were in Mexico and I wore bathing suits, I felt much better in one!

I agree with Slip, physically I feel better but my life is the same.

After a mini holiday with my family, I'm having a stricter week food wise. I've been reading all your posts, it always helps me! I'm glad you had a good trip Steph! Jenny you continue to inspire me with your running! Slip, I hope that snow stops!! How are you doing Want2b? And everyone else?
Old 02-02-2015, 07:05 PM   #8  

Hawaii, glad that you had a relaxing mini vacation with your family.

I did the two mile brisk walk and shoveling, think I got my exercise in for today. Trying to use my niece's August wedding as motivation to move more and tighten the jiggly bits!

Missing all the other Oct. Newbies
Old 02-02-2015, 07:23 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2

Quote:

It's definitely more fit. I have made exercise a priority which is an exciting change in my life.

I've never had the guts to wear sweater dresses with leggings and I am proud to own a few now!

Running a 10k race in October was a definite "I did it" moment. Also jumping back on Phase 3 to lose my summer weight was an accomplishment. I'm still working on it!

It is a lot more fun to shop for clothes now. I don't dread it anymore. I think I expected that I would be able to maintain easier but no such luck. Those same food issues pre-IP still exist and there's still a lot of hard work ahead.
Thanks for posting the Q's Slip

Last edited by stephascope; 02-02-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #10  

Steph, you are right, it is harder than I expected to maintain. Constantly about making good choices- it can be exhausting. But... For all of the positives listed above, it is worth it.

Back at school today! It was good to see the kids. Following Phase 1 today, and I am hungry! Dinner for the next two nights is in the oven, two different types of chicken. Prior planning to get rid of these 3 UP pounds!!!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Good for you Slip in being organized and determined to get those up lbs gone. You will do it! I haven't weighed myself for a few days so decided to jump on the scale this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought, a few lbs to get back to my low range but I'll take it! I was expecting to be above my scream weight. Back at being strict, had a good day yesterday. Drinking lots of water and watching today too. Back into my exercise schedule. We bought a new treadmill, yayyy!! That will help! Maintenance will always be a challenge I think Steph but we can do it. Next month will be my official year of maintenance. Have a great evening everyone!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Steph - your 10km race was a great "I did it"!! I agree with you that maintainence is harder and has its own set of challenges.

Hawaii. -I didn't realize you've been maintaining for 11 months already, that is a huge accomplishment. Glad you had a great time on your mini trip with your family.

Slip - how did the kidskin your class manage the transition back? Sounds like you got all your exercise in with a good walk and all that shovelling. Your nieces wedding is great motivation. Those up lbs will be off in quickly

Having a quieter week to get chest cleared up. Posted in maintainers thread that I still have to do P1 day this week because it works and part of the plan but haven't felt like it. So posting to hold myself accountable that it will be today or tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Total blond moment here...I have been looking the last couple of days but the last post was Slip's. I couldn't figure out why nobody was on the board. Duh, we are in a new month! Made me laugh at myself this morning! But now that I found you all again, I am here!

Hawaii: Thanks for checking on me. Where did you go for your mini holiday? Love get aways! Almost a year of maintaining, that is awesome!

Steph: You are so right, I guess I thought maintaining would be easier also, but it's not.

Slip: I am sure those UP pounds will be gone in no time.

Jenny: Hope you are feeling better soon.

As for me, the scale keeps going up, I was 158.4 yesterday. Not sure what is going on. Got tom on Monday and have been really swollen for the last week. My eating hasn't been too bad, some slips here and there but not 8.4lbs worth I wouldn't think. Hoping it has a lot to do with tom this go round.

Everything, the most surprising thing for me was my mind. Once I convinced myself that I could do this, there was no looking back. Struggling a little right now but I know I will get back down.

Jeans, knowing how much better they look. Not necessarily my favorite but most surprising was my bikini in Nov. NEVER ever thought I would wear one, first time in my life.

Can't think of one. Maybe it will still happen.

For some aspects yes and others no. Every once in a while I will do something and think, "that was easy, sure wouldn't have been able to do that before". But that never motivated me to lose the weight before. But who knew maintaining would be so up and down! Still trying to find my happy weight
Old 02-04-2015, 02:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Want2Be's quote, lol: "Total blond moment here...I have been looking the last couple of days but the last post was Slip's. I couldn't figure out why nobody was on the board. Duh, we are in a new month! Made me laugh at myself this morning! But now that I found you all again, I am here!"

That was totally me, 'what the heck is O.N. etc?' and I also wondered where everybody was on our Oct newbies thread,
doh!

Well, I do feel like less of a schlub... although looking at my latest Mex pix - I'm feeling a little disappointed with my tummy & upper thighs. Then again I am feeling pretty confident IN clothes, and I'm not 20 anymore - which I need to remember.
*Note to self* Expectations must be realistic.
Unfortunately the loss means that my feet are very narrow again and I need tons of filler insoles and heel grippers and ball-of-foot pads to wear some of my old favorites still. That or buy a whole whackload of new (expensive) shoes in AA. Not happenin'!

Sorry if today sounds like a downer day.... still waiting on TOM - late by 5 days so far and no sign of it happening. Maybe another 45 day cycle, lol. I hate getting caught by surprise though. Menopause coming I suppose.

Liana
Old 02-04-2015, 05:28 PM   #15  

You gals are too funny! I was trying to shorten the thread title, lol.

Jenny, the kids have been really good! Had a great day with them today. Started using my Fitbit today almost 8000 steps and I haven't even exercised yet!(12000 after DVD) Guess I move more than I thought at school. Hope you start feeling better soon! Poor thing, you must be getting frustrated with feeling so yucky.

Want2b- I feel like the scale is jerking me around too! Decided to do 3 really clean days to see if that makes the scale budge. Back to phase 3 breakfast on Sat. You are right, maintenance can be hard to balance. The alternative- we let the scale go higher and higher- heck no!!! I do think it is harder to be strict now as compared to Phase 1 but I think that is because of ketosis.

Liana- be nice to your self, you look gorgeous in the beach picture. Rather than comparing it to you in your 20s, put it next to a just prior to IP picture. It is all about perspective.

Hawaii, almost a year! Fantastico!

Thank you all for inspiring me to move more.

Last edited by Slipfree; 02-04-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Closed Thread