Old 01-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #1  

Default Bootcamp Protocol?

"Hey everyone, haven't posted for awhile. I had some questions as to what the bootcamp protocol is.

The Bootcamp Protocol is 5 packets a day instead of the 3 (or 4 depends on your weight), to replace to dinner protein.

Breakfast - packet
Lunch - packet + veggies + lettuce
Dinner - 2 packets +veggies + lettuce
Snack - packet

Get in the minimum 10 glasses of water and stick to lower carb veggies.

The loss you get is great. I weighed in one week and was down 8 pounds and then another week down 7.6 - and this was not at the beginning of my program, but half way through. It's good to switch it up I feel, it surprises your body and your body drops drastically, in my experience that is."

Someone posted this earlier today and I was wondering what other people's experiences on this or other "bootcamp IP protocols" has been?? My weight loss is slow/stagnant so I just wanted to hear people's input on this type of protocol or other ones that may jumpstart!
apple7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #2  
Fat Kimmie

S/C/G: 197.5/189/140

Height: 5'5

thought this was interesting so wanted to bump it up because no one responded.

do people do this?
Kimmie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #3  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple7399 View Post
"Hey everyone, haven't posted for awhile. I had some questions as to what the bootcamp protocol is.

The Bootcamp Protocol is 5 packets a day instead of the 3 (or 4 depends on your weight), to replace to dinner protein.

Breakfast - packet
Snack - packet

The loss you get is great. I weighed in one week and was down 8 pounds and then another week down 7.6 - and this was not at the beginning of my program, but half way through. It's good to switch it up I feel, it surprises your body and your body drops drastically, in my experience that is."

Someone posted this earlier today and I was wondering what other people's experiences on this or other "bootcamp IP protocols" has been?? My weight loss is slow/stagnant so I just wanted to hear people's input on this type of protocol or other ones that may jumpstart!
This is the first I have heard of a bootcamp. It is interesting though. I worry that there is no solid (animal) protein in this.
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I hope some more experienced IPers will chime in - I haven't heard of this, but I am in a bit of a stall right now, and could really use a boost - but only if it is healthy and good for my weight loss goals long-term - i.e. it cannot be a quick fix that I cannot maintain.
zephyr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple7399 View Post

Breakfast - packet
Snack - packet

i like the sound of this too....anyone else experience this? how long do you do it for? i hit a plateau and looking to change it up...
thethinwhiteduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:44 AM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

From my personal experience I wouldn't do the bootcamp. There are only 2 reason's you don't lose on this program....1. you are cheating or 2. you aren't getting in everything you need for the day.

I was on the program for 125 weeks, I just followed the program to a TEE, I didn't deviate or add anything to what wasn't on the sheet. I did have the egg whites and the WF dressings. Your body will release the weight when it chooses, you can't make it let the weight go by doing something extreme. follow the program.....

Breakfast - packet
Lunch - packet 2 cups of veggies
Dinner - 8oz of meat and 2 more cups of veggies
Snack - packet

Drinks LOTS of water as well

Follow the program as it is written and you will see amazing results....There are a lot of people who have had amazing result by just following the program, you can too!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

The bootcanp Protocol is one of the vegetarian options available. I have had 5 packets plus veggies for a day. I haven't tried it for a week.
mckaren4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #8  

There are other, more complicated reasons for plateaus but these would be for LONG plateaus (at least 4-6 weeks with no change in scale or inches). It typically means something is out-of-whack medically, either with your thyroid or some other aspect of your endocrine system. Some of those issues are very subtle and difficult for doctors to find.

PSMF programs (like IP) can be hard on thryroid long-term (for some people more than others). A handful of us have experienced long-term plateaus. I wouldn't recommend a bootcamp-type approach to fix it because it would actually make the underlying problem WORSE.

All-in-all, Wuv is right. The program works as written and there is no reason to try to tweak or hack it to work faster. You could be jeopardizing your health in trying to do so.

We just need to learn some patience. We did not gain this weight overnite and it's not gonna go away in a flash, either. Suck it up and do the plan. Some weeks losses will be bigger. Some weeks they will be smaller. Some weeks they may be nonexistent. If we view every WI as a datapoint toward a goal, we will see the trendline going DOWN!

Even over my plateau (and subsequent move off of P1 for several months), if I look at the trend over the entire time, I'll see a trend of DOWN. I'm no longer 260 and I'm not going back there!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-16-2014 at 10:29 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
From my personal experience I wouldn't do the bootcamp. There are only 2 reason's you don't lose on this program....1. you are cheating or 2. you aren't getting in everything you need for the day.

I was on the program for 125 weeks, I just followed the program to a TEE, I didn't deviate or add anything to what wasn't on the sheet. I did have the egg whites and the WF dressings. Your body will release the weight when it chooses, you can't make it let the weight go by doing something extreme. follow the program.....

Breakfast - packet
Snack - packet

Follow the program as it is written and you will see amazing results....There are a lot of people who have had amazing result by just following the program, you can too!
that exact protocol just hasnt been working for me. maybe im not doing it right, maybe who knows. but i need to find something that works.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #10  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

Breakfast - packet
Snack - packet

Wise words, and by someone who has walked the walk. You are such an inspiration!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
There are other, more complicated reasons for plateaus but these would be for LONG plateaus (at least 4-6 weeks with no change in scale or inches). It typically means something is out-of-whack medically, either with your thyroid or some other aspect of your endocrine system. Some of those issues are very subtle and difficult for doctors to find.

PSMF programs (like IP) can be hard on thryroid long-term (for some people more than others). A handful of us have experienced long-term plateaus. I wouldn't recommend a bootcamp-type approach to fix it because it would actually make the underlying problem WORSE.

All-in-all, Wuv is right. The program works as written and there is no reason to try to tweak or hack it to work faster. You could be jeopardizing your health in trying to do so.

We just need to learn some patience. We did not gain this weight overnite and it's not gonna go away in a flash, either. Suck it up and do the plan. Some weeks losses will be bigger. Some weeks they will be smaller. Some weeks they may be nonexistent. If we view every WI as a datapoint toward a goal, we will see the trendline going DOWN!

Even over my plateau (and subsequent move off of P1 for several months), if I look at the trend over the entire time, I'll see a trend of DOWN. I'm no longer 260 and I'm not going back there!
as a long term strategy that is solid and makes sense. but, personally, i have a hard date. i am getting married 7/26/14 and i want to look acceptable in my photos that i will see for the rest of my life. my future wife will trot these pictures out all the time! long term health, patience, etc are great but one of the selling points, to me, of ideal protein was immediate, large impact. if that isnt or cant happen for me then i need to find something else that will.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinwhiteduke View Post
as a long term strategy that is solid and makes sense. but, personally, i have a hard date. i am getting married 7/26/14 and i want to look acceptable in my photos that i will see for the rest of my life. my future wife will trot these pictures out all the time! long term health, patience, etc are great but one of the selling points, to me, of ideal protein was immediate, large impact. if that isnt or cant happen for me then i need to find something else that will.
Let's try and help you!

Can you list a typical day for us so maybe we can see exactly what you're eating?
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #13  

Quote:
If you are new and it isn't working then I'm guessing something is wrong. Even unintentional "cheats" can be cheats. Wuv is really knowledgeable and will help you if you ask her!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Let's try and help you!

Can you list a typical day for us so maybe we can see exactly what you're eating?
it worked for awhile but i have been on a plateau for awhile now. typical day is:

breakfast: wildberry yogurt shake
lunch: (my IP guy told me to have more protein so i dont lose muscle mass, maybe bad idea?) 2 cups veggies and sometimes grilled chicken (about 4-6 oz)
3pm: vanilla shake or chocolate shake
7pm: 8 oz meat, 2 cups veggies
10pm: blueberry cran granata drink
Old 01-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
it worked for awhile but i have been on a plateau for awhile now. typical day is:

breakfast: wildberry yogurt shake
lunch: (my IP guy told me to have more protein so i dont lose muscle mass, maybe bad idea?) 2 cups veggies and sometimes grilled chicken (about 4-6 oz)
3pm: vanilla shake or chocolate shake
7pm: 8 oz meat, 2 cups veggies
10pm: blueberry cran granata drink
*Just double checking that you are taking the vitimans, putting oil ON your food, not just cooking with it AND getting your salt in?

*Do you vary your veggies or eat the same thing everyday?

*Do you ever vary your protein type? Sometimes its good to shock your body with a red meat? I usually see results on my scale after I eat red meat and vary my veggies. This week I did that and lost 4 lbs.

*make sure you aren't eating too many of the restricted veggies

*it's good to drink the cran granata drink because it'll help with your skin-so good move on that!
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote