Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #91  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am laughing, shrinkingsusie because that sounds like me yesterday! We are preparing to put our house on the market and have tons of packed boxes that need moving and stacking out of the way. I shoved furniture, vaccumed, cleaned whatever.

Well, today my body is telling me to be careful. Actually, it was telling me that yesterday as I hefted a very heavy box, deciding it was going on TOP of the stack. As I lifted it above my head, this little voice in the back of my head is saying "don't be so stubborn, wait for help, this is too heavy".

So, heat pack this morning on my neck which is full of twinges no matter what direction I turn. Guess today I will take it a bit easier and more careful. Should have listened to my body, eh?
Lol, sounds like me when we moved into our house. We got the keys on a Friday, but rented a truck for Saturday. I was off Friday so I thought I would get a head start... In the end, what took me a full day and about 10 trips back and forth would have taken the guys 10 minutes and one trip with the truck the next day and saved me my back pain. I booked in for a massage the next week, and decided if we move again, which being a military spouse, I'm sure we will, I will focus on the little things such as silverware, food, dishes, etc, and let my husband and his friends take care of everything else!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #92  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! Happy Tuesday!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #93  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

HappyTuesday! We gave away our dining room table today. There's just the two sometimes 3 of us in the house so a huge dining room table was just becoming a junk drop. We eat in the kitchen or watching tv (bad habit). Sweetie and I decided to move the weight bench into the house and free up garage space for him. I cleaned the whole room top to bottom now that the table is gone and rearranged some of the other items in there. After that I did 3 miles on my exercise bike and then went and cleaned the inside of my jeep. Now it's time for a shower and lunch got some kick butt energy goin on!

Last edited by nolasmurf; 01-14-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post
After two weeks, I finally feel like I'm getting into a groove! Before, I was just eating the packets as they came and very boring veggies so I could get used to the protocol again. Yesterday, I added a pinch of baking powder to my oatmeal and made muffins to have with my tea! It turned out so well, I felt like I was cheating! Today, I put a whole chicken in the crockpot with salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder. That way, I can enjoy some "fall off the bone" chicken tonight and feed my family too. Cooking and eating what my family eats makes me feel like I am making a lifestyle change and not on a diet!
You had me at muffins.....

what oatmeal did you use? I have the proti diet version, but I don't have any idea how to make them into muffins. I can't imagine starting the rest of my life without muffins now.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #95  

Height: 5'4"

Went to work and I have been looking at the office refrigerator and it has needed defrosting forever. No one was going to do it. So I brought in supplies and started defrosting. There are only 2 employees and the boss and all of us are part time. The other employee came in and took a hammer to the ice. Job completed. Now my ip drinks can be in a clean fridge at the office! Happy Tuesday -May we all be on plan today and everyday!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #96  

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody! Had my WI today - last one on P3 - and I had no loss, but no gain either, stayed exactly the same as last week.

On to P4 tomorrow...

Jo
Old 01-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #97  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
You had me at muffins.....

what oatmeal did you use? I have the proti diet version, but I don't have any idea how to make them into muffins. I can't imagine starting the rest of my life without muffins now.
That's what I have too! I'm not great at measuring, so this isn't exact...I preheated my oven to 375 and combined the oatmeal (I used the apple cinnamon) with a pinch of baking powder. Then, I slowly added tiny bits of water until I got a batter-like consistency. I lightly sprayed 2 openings in my muffin tin with Pam and poured the batter in. I think they cooked about 20 minutes or so. They did rise and held their shape well, but deflated a bit when I took them out. They are not completely muffin-like, but my imagination helped me feel satisfied. I sprinkled a tiny bit of cinnamon on top and enjoyed them warm with a cup of tea! I'm going to try them again tonight and tweak a few things. I'll let you know if I get a better result! For me it was a great way to feel indulgent without going for a restricted item!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #98  

Quote:
That's what I have too! I'm not great at measuring, so this isn't exact...I preheated my oven to 375 and combined the oatmeal (I used the apple cinnamon) with a pinch of baking powder. Then, I slowly added tiny bits of water until I got a batter-like consistency. I lightly sprayed 2 openings in my muffin tin with Pam and poured the batter in. I think they cooked about 20 minutes or so. They did rise and held their shape well, but deflated a bit when I took them out. They are not completely muffin-like, but my imagination helped me feel satisfied. I sprinkled a tiny bit of cinnamon on top and enjoyed them warm with a cup of tea! I'm going to try them again tonight and tweak a few things. I'll let you know if I get a better result! For me it was a great way to feel indulgent without going for a restricted item!
Wow that's all you used?! I was expecting more ingredients like eggs and zucchini. That sounds perfect for my needs. I'm not much of a cook, so the fewer ingredients the better and something I can whip up quickly. Plus, it sounds like it would only equal 1 IP packet, so I could eat all of them and not feel guilty
Old 01-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #99  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Used the remaining 3 cauliflower tortillas to make 'mini pizzas' today. They were pretty good and satisfied my craving. My only disappointment was they weren't crispy. Next time I'll have to spread the mixture a bit thinner when baking. I also didn't reBake today before adding sauce and veggies. Trial and error
Old 01-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #100  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Used the remaining 3 cauliflower tortillas to make 'mini pizzas' today. They were pretty good and satisfied my craving. My only disappointment was they weren't crispy. Next time I'll have to spread the mixture a bit thinner when baking. I also didn't reBake today before adding sauce and veggies. Trial and error
When you re-bake them, give them a light spray of Pam. That should crisp & brown the top then add your sauce & veggies and put it back in the oven to heat them through. It works for me. LOVE me come cauliflower pizza!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 190/180/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi there! I am new here and new to IP but an expert at failing the weight loss game! Just started IP yesterday, and I'm excited about all of the success and support I'm seeing here!!
Hope to have some good news to post soon!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #102  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Wow that's all you used?! I was expecting more ingredients like eggs and zucchini. That sounds perfect for my needs. I'm not much of a cook, so the fewer ingredients the better and something I can whip up quickly. Plus, it sounds like it would only equal 1 IP packet, so I could eat all of them and not feel guilty
It made 2 muffins for me. Yep, 1 packet. Enjoy!

I used to do an "egg soufflé" where I could combine the omelette package (or packages if I was making them for the week) with sautéed mushrooms, spinach and chopped pepper (salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder if a plain omelette). Baked in a similar way, they help to get in veggies from the start of your day and were easy to microwave and eat on the go.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #103  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Question for those that have made cauliflower tortillas /wraps etc. how did you store them? I want to make a batch of them for tacos tonight and veggie pizzas tomorrow. Can't eat a batch of six in one sitting , and Honey is allergic to cauliflower. One day might be okay in a ziplock and in the fridge but I'm thinking long term. Freezing maybe? Any one attempted?
Sounds like I am going to have to bite the bullet and 'pretend to cook' and make some of these cauli pancakes/tortillas. I eat cauliflower mash almost every day because it's so easy. (steam in microwave/mash in blender) I will admit to not being too adventurous in cooking and that needs to change. Thanks for the nudge Nolasmurf.

Hi Sarita - nice to see your happy face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
My first REAL milestone - I passed the 50 pound mark today! Make it 51 pounds! Feels really good after the struggles of the past month or so.
Congrats on your milestone Schenectady! WooHoo! But I hope you do actually give yourself more credit this isn't the first "real" one, just maybe your first significant scale-related one. I hope I don't sound preachy because I don't mean it that way at all... but you can be PROUD as heck of all the milestones. Every singe one. This journey isn't easy. You decided to do something about your health (when you could have not), you researched and found a program that could work for you (heaven help us all there are so many), you committed (no easy feat) and then day after day, you re-committed to making choices. So you, my friend, have loads of significant milestones and I'm happy to share those with you. (By the by, i have to remind myself of this every day so in reminding you, i'm reminding me)

I've had a case of the hungries the last day or two. I don't know what's going on - nothing "different" in my eating or mild exercising. It's the week after tom... and i'm getting over a cold but... just hungry hungry hungry. Pushing through and supplementing with egg whites, water and lettuce. Coach thinks some of my throat drop usage last week could have spurred some cravings - no sugar or aspartame but they tasted like candy to me and I may have over-indulged. I also noticed that my latest box of stevia has Dextrose in it ... grrr...

Happy Tuesday Losers
Old 01-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #104  

Quote:
It made 2 muffins for me. Yep, 1 packet. Enjoy!

I used to do an "egg soufflé" where I could combine the omelette package (or packages if I was making them for the week) with sautéed mushrooms, spinach and chopped pepper (salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder if a plain omelette). Baked in a similar way, they help to get in veggies from the start of your day and were easy to microwave and eat on the go.
that sounds so yummy! I really struggle with the weekly planning. I always end up making stuff the day of.... sigh. How many souffle's would your recipe make and how long did they usually stay fresh?
Old 01-14-2014, 04:45 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi,
Newbie here. This is my first day and I've spent much of it reading posts. I have learned some things. One is checking in here daily will help me stay on track, two, I can use the same food (choc drink) over and over, and after that mushroom soup, I'm looking at that as a real possibility and three, the first three days are the hardest. So wish me luck. I'm looking to change my life by changing my eating habits and will look to you all for support and guidance. I'm happy to be here. :-)
Closed Thread