3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/11 - Sun 1/12/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291546-ip-weekend-chat-sat-1-11-sun-1-12-2014-a.html)

ColoradoCarol 01-12-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suda (Post 4917484)
I landed here today for some encouragement. I started IP on Thursday and am really struggling. #1 I have to choke down most of the packet food. There hasn't been one that I enjoy. #2 I have had a migraine since Friday. Are headaches normal? I am going to call my coach tomorrow to see if I can trade my packets in - hoping there is a drink I will like for breakfast and a bar for lunch. I don't want to give up!!!

Welcome. Don't give up, it will get better. You are experiencing ketosis flu. Make sure you are getting your salt and water. Put some of the IP salt on your hand and and lick it off.

Did they give you a sampling of packets to start off (that's what my clinic did). Some of them you will like others you won't. I use mostly drinks/shakes and a few other things. Seeing if they will trade some out is a good idea. Meanwhile try mixing them with your veggies or doctoring them up with allowed foods.

The first 3-5 days are the worst and then it gets much better.

Hang in there, you can do it.

Ruth Ann 01-12-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

I landed here today for some encouragement. I started IP on Thursday and am really struggling. #1 I have to choke down most of the packet food. There hasn't been one that I enjoy. #2 I have had a migraine since Friday. Are headaches normal? I am going to call my coach tomorrow to see if I can trade my packets in - hoping there is a drink I will like for breakfast and a bar for lunch. I don't want to give up!!!

Suda: Look at the links in the first post of the weekend chat and see if you can't do some "packet hacks" to make them more palatable to you. Adding spices, extra water, veggies, etc. can really help. I know I didn't like any of the soups very much until I started adding pureed veggies and some spices to them. Things that you didn't like at the beginning often become your favorites after awhile since your tastes change after you quit eating all the salt, sugar, etc., laden foods.

On the headache, are you getting all your salt in? I had terrible headaches starting out but licking some salt off my hand and following it up with a big glass of water always helped.

PurpleMomster 01-12-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

You can do it! The first week or so is tough, I won't lie to you but if you can make it through, you can do this! Check out the recipe and packet threads - that's what helped me the most when I thought I couldn't choke down another silver packet. For your headache, make sure you're getting in the salt you need and even dissolve some in water and drink it - it does help. You got this!

Good Sunday morning everyone!

What a great shopping day yesterday! Very successful - got lots of clothes for Mexico - capris, shirts, shorts and bathing suits - and they were all in sizes I haven't been in for years :D I love being able to look at "normal" clothes - if that makes any sense. Also got more work clothes - I can finally look forward to mixing and matching some outfits.

Had lots of fun hanging with my sister for the day as well. We were not close for a long time, she had addiction issues but after a major health scare, has turned her life around. And she's very interested in starting IP using alternatives when we get back from Mexico.

I try not to step on the scale too many times during the week - maybe 2 or 3 times before WI - this morning, I saw a number that started with "16"!!! I can't remember the last time I saw a number that low :D

Jo

Slipfree 01-12-2014 11:22 AM

Suda,

Headaches are normal. Use the salt, it helps with the headaches. Drinking all your water is important too. For me, I would not say that I "enjoy" any packet, I look at them as sustenance. The strawberry banana rtd is the one that I use every morning.

It gets better, for me it took 2 weeks until the headache and sick feeling went away. It was worth every minute, I am now down 44 pounds since Oct. Your body adjusts, along with your food palate.

Some of the drinks taste better heated, especially the choc. Heat it only a short amt. of time. Check out the recipe threads for packet modification. Lisa's zucchini muffins made with packets is a great one.

It is not easy, but it is totally worth it. (In the beginning, I just plugged my nose and chugged my packets. lol). You can do it!

mckaren4 01-12-2014 11:33 AM

I love the Ip plan.-I am still in the honeymoon stage! Some of what helps me focus is the book the Beck diet solution. Training your brain to think like a thin person. One of the exercises in the book is to make a list of why you want to lose weight. Read that list a couple times a day. When you feel. Like cheating refer to the list. It has amazed me how helpful this simple suggestion has helped me. When I feel like cheating and refer to the list I realize I want to achieve those weight loss goals more than I want to cheat!
Hope we stay on plan today!!!!

sarahBell 01-12-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4917195)
sarahBell, I know how you feel.... but they can't wear fabulous dresses and heels! I'll take being a female any day!

I don't think guys would look so good in heels and a dress (unless they like tht stuff) :rofl:
But it still frustrating and depressing it can make me want to just give up some day :(

nolasmurf 01-12-2014 11:44 AM

Welcome to the newbies, you are in the right place for support and guidance. Seriously I learned more here than my coach. :)

I went to bed last night at a decent hour and slept like a rock. Getting back into the groove of school for Katie was rough last week, plus she was sick on top of it. My mom took her to the doctor for me Friday and he said she has a serious sinus infection. A zpack, nasal spray and cough syrup. Today she's bouncing off the walls. Thank goodness I'm working and she has dance. :) She'll burn off some of the energy.

I challenged myself after my weigh on Thursday to not get on the scale everyday. So far I've managed to do it. It's tough;so tough but I'm holding strong. I was weighing every day and getting so stressed by the fluctuations. Having addictive tendencies, I was finding myself addicted to the scale and the number dropping. I have to take a step back and be happy with the small or big numbers as they come. I know it's directly related to what fuel I add to my body; and if I add bad fuel the number will go up. Good fuel it goes down.

sorry for the ramble ! Have a great Sunday!

:dust:

Slipfree 01-12-2014 12:04 PM

Nolasmurf, I have that reaction to some cough syrups. I have been up all night cleaning(and I hate cleaning). Drs. Figured out that it is the decongestant and the binding product. Good luck and hope Katie feels better.

schenectady 01-12-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4917512)
Welcome to the newbies, you are in the right place for support and guidance. Seriously I learned more here than my coach. :)
I challenged myself after my weigh on Thursday to not get on the scale everyday. So far I've managed to do it. It's tough;so tough but I'm holding strong. I was weighing every day and getting so stressed by the fluctuations. Having addictive tendencies, I was finding myself addicted to the scale and the number dropping. I have to take a step back and be happy with the small or big numbers as they come. I know it's directly related to what fuel I add to my body; and if I add bad fuel the number will go up. Good fuel it goes down.

sorry for the ramble ! Have a great Sunday!

Nolsmurf - like you I am holding on to get that one pound off to make it fifty. I shall see whether my Monday bring it. I got through the WONDERFUL SEAHAWKS without eating or drinking anything in stress or celebration.

But I did celebrate today by shopping in my closet and I am happy o report that there are no SIZES BEGINNING WITH A "2"ANYMORE! Big bag going to the thrift store today.

I was so tempted to hold back one, just in case. Then I asked myself 'in case of WHAT!' This has been a dream for me, to get out of the clothes in the 20's and 'X''s. My next victory in this area will be shopping in a real clothing store for 14's and 16's (I have some 18's but that is it)

Thank you to all on this board who have been so supportive. I could not have done it without all of you.

65X65 01-12-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4917537)
Nolsmurf - like you I am holding to get that one pound off to it fifty an I shall see whether my Monday bring it. I got through the WONDERFUL SEAHAWKS without eating or drinking anything in stress or celebration.

But I did celebrate today by shopping in my closet and I am happy o report that there are no SIZES BEGINNING WITH A "2"ANYMORE! Big bag going to the thrift store today.

I was so tempted to hold back one, just in case. Then I asked myself 'in case of WHAT!' This has been a dream for me, to get out of the clothes in the 20's and 'X''s. My next victory in this area will be shopping in a real clothing store for 14's and 16's (I have some 18's but that is it)

Thank you to all on this board who have been so supportive. I could not have done it without all of you.

You did this yourself...with a lot of soul searching, self discipline and most of all motivated by the commitment to yourself of being a priority!!
:hug:

SuzieV 01-12-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4917512)

Wise words. I have been trying to stay away from the scale also. Since I've gotten close to my goal, my weight goes down, then up & fluctuates for a few days and then will go down again eventually. It messes with your mind and you do get addicted to seeing the number drop daily. I moved my scale out of the master bathroom...making it inconvenient to weigh, since a strip to my panties for consistency.:o

RosiePosie101 01-12-2014 12:15 PM

Wow Schenectady. You've done so well. Good job on getting rid of those clothes. Love the attitude of "in case of what?"

mars735 01-12-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Ditto to all the suggestions already posted. But even if you decide this isn't the program for you, I'd suggest hanging in until your weigh in, which should delight you. The first week is really tough. I took Alleve one day (not on an empty stomach) for the headache. I was moody, irritable, and absentminded. Once your body adapts, it's actually fun and so nice to be free from cravings.

If you have not read up on ketosis, there is a wonderfully clear explanantion recently posted somewhere on 3FC. It might help you to ride this out. Welcome aboard!

stephascope 01-12-2014 12:38 PM

A few things this morning:

Do any of you drink decaf coffee? And if you do, do you count it towards your daily water?

Asked my coach about onions. I have been avoiding them as I am worried of overcooking them and causing the sugars to increase. What do you all do with your onions in recipes?

Lisa: can I please have your recipe for Potato Puree Zuchini Muffins? I have searched the forum all morning and can only find the Oatmeal ones.

Thanks and have a great Sunday everyone!

lisa32989 01-12-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephascope (Post 4917560)
A few things this morning:

Do any of you drink decaf coffee? And if you do, do you count it towards your daily water?

Asked my coach about onions. I have been avoiding them as I am worried of overcooking them and causing the sugars to increase. What do you all do with your onions in recipes?

Lisa: can I please have your recipe for Potato Puree Zuchini Muffins? I have searched the forum all morning and can only find the Oatmeal ones.

Thanks and have a great Sunday everyone!

1. yes I drink decaf. I don't count it toward water
2. onions: Just don't brown them. That carmelizes the sugar. Sometimes i just replace with leeks
3. muffin recipe is in Recipes #4 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4689596-post52.html
It is really the same recipe, no matter the packet.