Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation Anyone in PLano, Tx???

We are taking a trip to plano next month, DH has training down there and the whole family is coming. I Need to know where and what is there to do for me and the kids?

We will be there for a week. We are staying close to the HP Unv. campus.Hotel is yet to be decided!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Susie: I also recently bought a pair of size 32 Seven For All Mankind jeans at Goodwill for only $10.

I was so excited because before I wouldn't have been able to get one leg in there and the original tag for still on...$189!!!
That is awesome!! My sister and I are hitting some thrift stores today to look for clothes for Mexico - here's hoping we can find some good deals like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Things are going well, not so well that I am ready to go and buy jeans, yet, but fine. I have not worn jeans in over 20 years because all of my weight is centered below my waist and I look really weird in them. Can't wait to get to a weight where I have a more normal profile - the gym workouts should help.

I am one pound away from the 50 pound mark so I am being very careful, trying to make sure I hit the mark. I have yet to decide what I am going to do to celebrate.

GO SEAHAWKS
50lbs is awesome!!! WTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Lol yes new spanx! And undies. I just spent $180 on bras and undies at VS after Xmas. I went from a 40DD to a 38 C. Gosh I hope the girls don't get much smaller! So let me ask ya'll a question I have 7 VS bras that are in great condition, I don't want to throw them away, do thrift stores take them? Would anyone here like them? I can take pics and email them to anyone interested. I'd just hate to throw away $30-50 bras. I bought the and ended up only wore one mostly every day. Shame huh
If I wasn't in the same boat - and the same size now - I'd totally take those off your hands, lol! But yes, thrift stores will take them.

Happy Saturday everyone! My sister and I are heading out to the thrift stores today while my son is at a friend's birthday party and I can't wait! Got some good deals last weekend so fingers crossed some different stores will have some good deals too.

It has been a really good week - we started another Biggest Loser challenge at work and despite currently phasing off for Mexico, I joined. It's ends up that I'm the smallest one in my group in weight! I've never been the smallest anything in any group!!! And this week seems to be the week that everyone is really noticing my weight loss - I'm trying to get better at accepting those compliments as well.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll hopefully report back on some good deals

Jo
Old 01-11-2014, 11:36 AM   #18  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am one pound away from the 50 pound mark so I am being very careful, trying to make sure I hit the mark. I have yet to decide what I am going to do to celebrate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I'm right there with you at the 1lb away from 50, I haven't clue what to do to celebrate either. Maybe a massage.
Congrats, ladies! Way to go on the half-century mark!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Planning on a great day!

Made a loaf for today - strawberry pudding/vanilla drink mix - my favorite. Have a skating party this afternoon.

Made a loaf for tomorrow - banana pudding/chocolate drink mix for when I take the kids skiing 1 hour away. We are going to pack our lunch for tomorrow - veggies/my loaf/ and sandwiches for the boys. Should be a great day.

Got great news a work yesterday that I am over the moon about -almost cannot believe it, feels great to be listened to and heard.

Last edited by dlr9774; 01-11-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #20  

Can anybody offer advice? I'm gaining and losing the same pound over and over. I'm not cheating... How can I bust through this plateau?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 305/262.8/180

Height: 5'5 1/2

Need help: I am not a cook but trying to learn so that I will not get bored with the program. I have been craving Chinese spicy cabbage. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make this IP friendly? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
Can anybody offer advice? I'm gaining and losing the same pound over and over. I'm not cheating... How can I bust through this plateau?
We would need more info
Starting weight
Current weight
Height
How long on plan
Sample food menus from last several days
How long stuck on the same lb?

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-11-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
We are taking a trip to plano next month, DH has training down there and the whole family is coming. I Need to know where and what is there to do for me and the kids?

We will be there for a week. We are staying close to the HP Unv. campus.Hotel is yet to be decided!

I think LizzRR lives there.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #24  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Getting excited about the SEAHAWKS game this afternoon!!! Going to make some deviled eggs, veggie tray, kale chips and a taco salad bar.

Love hearing all the losses (big & small) and smaller jeans & bra sizes...you guys rock!
Old 01-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #25  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Okay - I bought a rutabaga at the store. I have never eaten rutabaga (that I recall). I am anxious to tru the rutabaga fries. Anyone have any helpful hints?

I will probably have them with Big Mac in a bowl tomorrow during the Broncos/Chargers game. Go Broncos.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Okay - I bought a rutabaga at the store. I have never eaten rutabaga (that I recall). I am anxious to tru the rutabaga fries. Anyone have any helpful hints?

I will probably have them with Big Mac in a bowl tomorrow during the Broncos/Chargers game. Go Broncos.
Yum! I slice them in fry-sized pieces, mist with olive oil, then sprinkle on sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper but your favorite spice blend will do. Cook at 350* for 40ish minutes then hit them on broil to crisp them up.

Watch carefully, they will burn fast. I recommend not leaving the kitchen while you're broiling...time will pass quickly and 30 seconds too much will result in inedible rutabaga fries (basically a very unfortunate event, I speak from experience)

Enjoy!

Ps. I line the cookie sheet with foil. I am lazy
Old 01-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #27  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Yum! I slice them in fry-sized pieces, mist with olive oil, then sprinkle on sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper but your favorite spice blend will do. Cook at 350* for 40ish minutes then hit them on broil to crisp them up.

Watch carefully, they will burn fast. I recommend not leaving the kitchen while you're broiling...time will pass quickly and 30 seconds too much will result in inedible rutabaga fries (basically a very unfortunate event, I speak from experience)

Enjoy!

Ps. I line the cookie sheet with foil. I am lazy
IPN - thanks. I will most likely do the same spice blend as you. Thanks for the tips. By the way, I'm lazy too so will use the foil trick, I use to make oven fries like this using potatoes,
Old 01-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
IPN - thanks. I will most likely do the same spice blend as you. Thanks for the tips. By the way, I'm lazy too so will use the foil trick, I use to make oven fries like this using potatoes,
I know you're trying to switch up your foods. Any veggie roasted with this spice blend is amazing, particularly zucchini and cauliflower.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #29  

Busy with the kids now but will add that info when I can. I'm stuck at 150, was 170 when I started the plan, have been bouncing around here since October but cheated all through December.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #30  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Vachinyc congrats on the 9 inches! That's awesome.

schenectady and nolasmurf Wow 50 pounds is great! I hope you find a really great reward for this milestone!

blondie739 stick with it and you will get there. It's fabulous that your husband is joining you.

drd1961 Yay for size 6! I was just hoping to get to a 10 but everyone here is giving me the courage to shoot for a 6 myself!

sarahBell When I get ready to go for real final wardrobe shopping, I'm going to the Galleria in Dallas. It's just south of Plano. I know it's probably not the best thing to do with the kids, but I hope you find time to check it out. I find the selection is way better than what I find here in Austin. I'm not sure what family things are open in February. I hope you have fun!

PurpleMomster Good luck at the thrift stores. I had hoped to do the same today myself but I hosted our weekly poker game last night and they played until 430 this morning. I am wiped out!

lisa32989 ditto on what everyone else is saying about your new pic. You look so happy! I love it!

Time for a nap. Then tonight I am going back to my old church to watch a production that my ex husband and his girlfriend put on. I haven't been back in a while and every time people whisper. We were very active in the church and when I left him it shocked everyone because they think he's the greatest. I never wanted to air our dirty laundry. I'm happy to go feeling lighter and happy and doing things for myself (finally)! They can whisper all they want now because it won't bother me anymore and I think this weight loss journey has a big thing to do with my new attitude!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Closed Thread