3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291417-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-part-3-a.html)

rainbowsmiles 01-08-2014 11:48 AM

Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 3

I am not the original poster of the original thread but since the other one was over 500 posts it will be closed shortly. I wanted to make sure that we all still had a place to post and chat.

IF YOU HAVE TRIED and know it works, please respond with the product and your results.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html part 1

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html part 2

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ernatives.html

lisa32989 01-08-2014 02:23 PM

Rainbow! Welcome back!

And thank you!

I'd also like to repost this chart for all the newcomers switching to alternative products

I personally do a slight adjustment to this chart.
Unrestricted under 8 carbs (cals 80-160)
Restricted 8+ net carbs & under 200 cals.

However, I also keep total carbs under 40 net for the day so my restricted can't go THAT far over.

mckaren4 01-08-2014 04:56 PM

I bought a bar today that could be used as an alternative-however it is a little short on protein-My protein drinks have more protein than IP-if yours doesn't add 2 egg whites to up the protein:

Pure Protein Mini-Chocolate Peanut butter bar-comes in a box of 12

Calories-100
Fat 3g (calories from fat 30)
Carbs-8
Fiber less than 1 so zero
Protein 10g
if you had 2 of the bars-the calories may be at the upper range (200 calories) but I know the Ideal Protein wafer are 200 calories-so you could have 2 bars and consider it super restricted and with 2 bars you would be getting enough protein.
I bought these at cvs pharmacy
They are mini bars-small one-2 bite size. I thought it tasted great!

mckaren4 01-08-2014 05:08 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also found this quote from Scorbett1103:

Whenever you are looking at buying alternatives, you have to check the nutritional information on EVERYTHING. I have posted here a few times what the guidelines are:

under 200 calories per serving

less than 30% total calories from fat (take the calories from fat, multiply by 3 - if it's lower than the total calories you're fine)

Less than 17g NET carbs (subtract Dietary fiber from total carbs)
8g or less NET carbs = unrestricted
9g to 15g NET carbs = restricted (once per day only)
15g to 17g NET carbs = super restricted (twice a week only)

at least 12g protein

This is a little bit more detailed than the above chart.

lisa32989 01-08-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckaren4 (Post 4914576)

I also found this quote from Scorbett1103:

Whenever you are looking at buying alternatives, you have to check the nutritional information on EVERYTHING. I have posted here a few times what the guidelines are:

under 200 calories per serving

less than 30% total calories from fat (take the calories from fat, multiply by 3 - if it's lower than the total calories you're fine)

Less than 17g NET carbs (subtract Dietary fiber from total carbs)
8g or less NET carbs = unrestricted
9g to 15g NET carbs = restricted (once per day only)
15g to 17g NET carbs = super restricted (twice a week only)

at least 12g protein

This is a little bit more detailed than the above chart.

In another post (somewhere) Scorbett mentioned her info is a cut & paste & info was inadvertently left off.
The under 200 calories is for restricteds.
The graphic is more accurate for nonrestricteds (usually 90-120 ish)

2much2do 01-09-2014 12:54 AM

Proti-Thin Peanut and Caramel Soy Snacks - for the record, I thought these tasted a little bit like coffee. I don't actually drink coffee, so what do I know? You'll have to try them and see what you think.

I do love having these or the chocolate soy snacks for when we go to the movies. I eat them while everyone else munches on their popcorn.

lisa32989 01-09-2014 11:10 AM

Reposting from alts #2

For the newcomers:
My go-tos for Alternatives (I'm soy/gluten-free)

Syntrax Nectar
Quest Bars for restricted (not all of them...read the quest bar thread)
Simply Chips (restricted) -they also offer 2 different types of bars. One is soy/gluten free

Sources:
Vitacost.com
netrition.com (simplychips here)
Nashua Nutrition (ProtiDiet, Weight Loss Systems, Health Smart, ProtiThin) - be sure to join their mailing list so you get announcements when they offer specials
GNC.com
QuestProteinBar.com

Take some time with this whole thread. LOTS of info here!

finale 01-09-2014 12:42 PM

Last nigh when I was at SAMS club I found these bars and was wondering if anyone had tried them?
They are Detour bars they have 15 g protein, 3 g sugar, 170 calories, and 17 grams carbs?

lisa32989 01-09-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finale (Post 4915208)
Last nigh when I was at SAMS club I found these bars and was wondering if anyone had tried them?
They are Detour bars they have 15 g protein, 3 g sugar, 170 calories, and 17 grams carbs?

How many net carbs? (Total minus fiber)

finale 01-09-2014 01:38 PM

lisa32989, by the way your look awesom.....You are very inspirational

The fiber is 17-2= 15

dak1lls 01-09-2014 05:56 PM

my goodness, there are so many alternatives that i love and have tried. one thing i know for sure is that everyone's tastes are so different. a friend who initially recommended IP to me gave me tips on a few items to start with. i hated them! lol.

i generally order from nashua nutrition:

protidiet old fashioned strawberry peanut bar
proti thin bbq soy snacks
proti thin chili lime soy snacks
protidiet maple brown sugar oatmeal
proti thin vanilla crispy treats
proti thin caramel delight bar
protidiet chocolate and vanilla wafers
proti thin chocolate soy snacks
protidiet liquid concentrate drinks in mixed berry, grape and cool raspberry
protidiet peanut surprise bar
protidiet bbq and white cheddar crisps
health smart cinnamon cereal
healthsmart caramel crunch bar
healthsmart peanut butter bar
weight loss systems chicken and vegetable cream soup

i purchase my drink mix from complete nutrition, locally. i also have used premier protein 18g vanilla rtd, yummy!!!!! once i found south beach meal bars in peanut butter/chocolate flavor and they were amazing! now, i can't find them anywhere. i also buy low sugar detour bars from time to time and some other bars as long as they fall within guidelines. if they are on the high end i use them sparingly.

i have been using alts since about week 8, back in June or July. It's hard to remember now. my losses have been consistent and maintenance has gone well and i still use alts for my day after fun days.

Bellamack 01-09-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Yes, these are what I use & they are pretty good :)

FitMom02 01-09-2014 08:40 PM

Look'n good Lisa!!!

shrinkingsusie 01-09-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

I use detour bars regularly. I get them at Costco. The ones in the blue wrapper are my favourite!

Ugh73 01-10-2014 12:50 PM

Didn't know where to put this but I hope it's ok to eat the protidiet fudge cake raw, it's like licking the brownie bowl. Way better than cooked.