Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:45 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandical View Post
Hello, I have spent many days reading the forums and threads on here and I hope I was able to learn something. Would someone please confirm if the protein drink that I have gotten meets the phase 1 for unrestricted use?

Calories:130 Calories from fat: 20, Total carbs: 8g with fiber at: 3g, Protein: 20g.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
It looks ok for unrestricted

Last edited by murphypuppy; 04-14-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #392  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

I finally found a WF product that I didn't mind...it was the pasta sauce http://www.vitacost.com/walden-farms...32-342589760-2
. I've been using my proti-thin fusila pasta, sautaing a total of two cups of yellow squash, zucchini, and mushrooms and then adding the sauce to it all. I add italian seasoning and garlic powder. I'm really happy with it.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #393  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

Has anyone had the proti-diet natural pancakes? Would you recommend them? I like that they are unrestricted, reviews are good as well on nashua. I'm in the process of placing a order hence the question.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:12 PM   #394  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Has anyone had the proti-diet natural pancakes? Would you recommend them? I like that they are unrestricted, reviews are good as well on nashua. I'm in the process of placing a order hence the question.
I haven't heard of proti diet natural pancakes but I have ordered the plain and I quite liked them. I added 1 egg white that I beat until frothy and a tsp of baking powder and they were yummy. I used WF syrup.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #395  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

awesome! Thanks dak1lls. Variety is the spice of life. I wonder if the batter would work in a waffle maker. hmmmmmmm......
Old 04-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #396  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
I finally found a WF product that I didn't mind...it was the pasta sauce http://www.vitacost.com/walden-farms...32-342589760-2
. I've been using my proti-thin fusila pasta, sautaing a total of two cups of yellow squash, zucchini, and mushrooms and then adding the sauce to it all. I add italian seasoning and garlic powder. I'm really happy with it.
I might have to try it then, so far I've hated ALL the WF products in fact I have many unopened in my cupboard because I bought when they were 2 for 1... YUCK maybe I will try the pasta sauce!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

does Nashua deliver to Canada? I've been ordering from Low Carb Foods - they're based in Canada and I've ordered 3 times and the delivery is fantastic - next day or second day - and the prices seem reasonable.

Last edited by maureen kempster; 04-16-2014 at 04:43 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:09 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
awesome! Thanks dak1lls. Variety is the spice of life. I wonder if the batter would work in a waffle maker. hmmmmmmm......
I've never tried the pancake batter as a waffle. I got hooked on the Weight Loss Systems cheesecake pudding as a waffle and stopped experimenting. I use the pancake mix to make English muffins.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #399  
AmberLS

I just tried the mint chocolate shake from the protein store (one of the free trial packets I got) it's YUMMY... has .5 more fat, more sodium, 2 less carbs, same sugar as a chocolate shake packet from IP. Numbers look good, the ingredients list is longer though, lot's of long names of things and it has corn syrup, but I guess that's the sugar... I guess that's the part that scares me about moving to alternatives. I know the IP stuff works, and ya it says sugar right on the ingredients list, but I know they are doing the right thing. Some of the alternatives have different kinds of sugars I am so nervous about this switch lol
Old 04-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I just tried the mint chocolate shake from the protein store (one of the free trial packets I got) it's YUMMY... has .5 more fat, more sodium, 2 less carbs, same sugar as a chocolate shake packet from IP. Numbers look good, the ingredients list is longer though, lot's of long names of things and it has corn syrup, but I guess that's the sugar... I guess that's the part that scares me about moving to alternatives. I know the IP stuff works, and ya it says sugar right on the ingredients list, but I know they are doing the right thing. Some of the alternatives have different kinds of sugars I am so nervous about this switch lol
Just remember that MANY of us have been very successful using alternative products that match the IP nutrition stats. It's definitely good that you are reading the labels and considering ingredients, but if you look at the ingredients in the IP products, there are a lot of "unpronounceables" in there too!

Definitely be on the lookout for Aspartame!

Also, I know you are trying to watch your $$, so I encourage you to also look at Nashua Nutrition site, which have drinks/puddings running about $12 per box and as I mentioned before, I recognize TONS of items from the Protein Store as being the exact products on Nashua, though for some reason, the Protein Store chooses not to name the actual brand of each item. (Some of the main brands you will see other IPers use from there are: ProtiDiet, Proti-Thin, HealthSmart, Weight Loss Systems.) In addition to Nashua, I know people buy from a few other stores that have similar pricing. It's just a few dollars difference 12 vs 19, but what you save might mean more clothes in your NEW size!!

Have fun and relax!
Old 04-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #401  
Round 2

S/C/G: 315/289.6/160

Height: 5'5

so i know the restrictions for net carbs, calories from fat etc.. but whats the restriction on amount of sugar allowed in a restricted or non restricted? is there a general number to stay under for both restricted and non-restricted?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #402  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I've never tried the pancake batter as a waffle. I got hooked on the Weight Loss Systems cheesecake pudding as a waffle and stopped experimenting. I use the pancake mix to make English muffins.
Please, please tell me how you make waffles with the cheesecake pudding! I have some and would love to try it!

Pegeye: there is no restriction on the amount of sugar in an alternative product. Simply follow the guidelines for the net carbs. Up to 8g net carbs is considered unrestricted, higher is considered restricted. As a rule I think you should not go over 17g net carbs. Also, watch for aspartame. No aspartame! That is one of the easiest things to forget when you are looking at the calories, carbs, protein, etc... As long as you follow the guidelines you don't need to look at the sugar grams.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

[QUOTE=dak1lls;4985899]Please, please tell me how you make waffles with the cheesecake pudding! I have some and would love to try it!

I would give credit if I could remember where I first found it.

IP Waffle Recipe:

Ingredients:

1 packet IP Pudding mix (any flavor)
1 egg or 2 egg whites, beaten
2 oz. of water
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
small pinch of sea salt

Directions:

Beat egg and water until mixed. Add salt and baking power. Stir in one IP pudding packet. Mixture will be very thick. Pour into greased waffle iron and cook until it stops steaming.

I have tried making them in advance and reheating in the toaster at work. They are fine the same day, but don't have the same texture when made more than a few hours ahead.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #404  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Just remember that MANY of us have been very successful using alternative products that match the IP nutrition stats. It's definitely good that you are reading the labels and considering ingredients, but if you look at the ingredients in the IP products, there are a lot of "unpronounceables" in there too!

Definitely be on the lookout for Aspartame!

Also, I know you are trying to watch your $$, so I encourage you to also look at Nashua Nutrition site, which have drinks/puddings running about $12 per box and as I mentioned before, I recognize TONS of items from the Protein Store as being the exact products on Nashua, though for some reason, the Protein Store chooses not to name the actual brand of each item. (Some of the main brands you will see other IPers use from there are: ProtiDiet, Proti-Thin, HealthSmart, Weight Loss Systems.) In addition to Nashua, I know people buy from a few other stores that have similar pricing. It's just a few dollars difference 12 vs 19, but what you save might mean more clothes in your NEW size!!

Have fun and relax!
I am expecting my first order from Nashu tomorrow or Friday!!! I'm excited to start using some alternatives and save some money!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #405  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Default Fit & Lean Pudding

I received my first package from Netrition with Fit & Lean Dutch Chocolate Pudding (pre-made). I enjoyed it (after adding some salt to it) and I think I like it even better than the IP pre-made pudding. I like having some portable snacks to keep on hand and I especially like that this is non-restricted. I received a package of vanilla, also, and can't wait to try it.
Closed Thread