Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #211  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Lisa,
I've tried the bubbies sauerkraut and love it! Go you and making your own..that is awesome!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Great input on the alternatives! I went "shopping" for the first time at my center and couldn't believe how expensive everything is! Put in an order to Nashua Nutrition and couldn't believe the difference. They are having a special on HealthSmart products are eligible for a 10% discount (use code HS10). With the alternatives I can afford to follow the plan for as long as I need to!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
Anyone ever tried Oh Yeah Victory bars? Looks like they're similar to Quest in that they're high protein/low net carbs. They'd be restricted (maybe even super-restricted) due to calories, but reviews are excellent. Folks say they're softer than Quest and no sugar alcohols.

Profile is:

Calories - 200
Calories from fat - 55
Carbs - 28g
Fiber - 20g
Protein - 21g

I ordered a couple of flavors here and will report back if they're decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
For someone doing the program 100% OP, I'd say to stay away from those due to the sugars. They aren't using stevia, they're using agave syrup (not as "healthy" as touted), evaporated cane juice crystals (sneaky way to say SUGAR).

As someone who avoids gluten, I see these may be helpful to me in maintenance.
Well, since I already ordered them, I went ahead and tried these bars despite Lisa's good advice on the sugars. I had the chocolate caramel bar last night and it was really, really, REALLY good. Crunchy and chocolaty with real peanuts. Very satisfying. Didn't have that fake sweetener aftertaste, to which I'm usually pretty sensitive.

This flavor also didn't have the agave syrup or evaporated cane juice. Just looked at the ingredients and looks like they use malitol and sucralose, as well as some sugar and corn syrup (bad, I know) but the quantities can't be huge when you look at the carb breakdown.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

Most of you will know already, but in case you don't, Nashua Nutrition has free shipping on orders over $49 today ending midnight. Code: TODAY49
Old 03-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #215  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for this code, Prairie! I just placed a $49.52 order!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #216  

I know this question has been asked a million times, but I just want a more recent answer. Has anyone subbed in a quest bar a day in place of an IP food and have still had significant weight loss, no hindering?
Old 03-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Everyone,

I have a friend starting on alternatives and I can't find the sheet that breaks down the vitamins (it's been a while since I was on Phase 1 so I don't have any info left).

Does anyone have it that's willing to share?

Thanks in advance !
Old 03-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykadea View Post
I know this question has been asked a million times, but I just want a more recent answer. Has anyone subbed in a quest bar a day in place of an IP food and have still had significant weight loss, no hindering?
Yes. Many use it as a restricted once/day.
Others find it hinders.
Each person will react differently but it is certainly worth a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Everyone,

I have a friend starting on alternatives and I can't find the sheet that breaks down the vitamins (it's been a while since I was on Phase 1 so I don't have any info left).

Does anyone have it that's willing to share?
A good multi (I use Centrum Siver, due to age)
Cal/Mag (I just take a Mag cit b/c my multi has calcium)
99 mg Potassium citrate
Omega 3

I don't have the "official" mg for each item b/c they change the vitamin formulations frequently. But if they get these things & take regularly, that should work!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #219  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Smile

Quote:
I ate a Quest bar as my snack every day during my first week, and I lost 6.5 lbs!

My favs are Cinnamon Roll, Coconut Cashew, and Strawberry Cheesecake
Old 03-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #220  

Quote:
You may want to check the Quest bar thread before purchasing. Not all of them are "IP compliant"
Old 03-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #221  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You may want to check the Quest bar thread before purchasing. Not all of them are "IP compliant"
Babykadea, below is some info about Quest bars. I found a great website that discusses alternatives that are IP acceptable. The website is http://diettalktoday.com.

I buy the Quest Natural bars, which are sweetened with Stevia and Erythritol. I also make sure to stay within the "unrestricted" range of 8 net carbs or less. Here is the info from the website, using the Quest Strawberry Cheesecake bar as an example (one of my favs! ):

The Quest Strawberry Cheesecake bar has 160 calories; 20 g protein; 5g fat; 25g carbs; 2g sugar; 6g sugar alcohol (erythritol); 17g fiber; and 105mg sodium.

"...since our bodies don’t digest it, we can deduct the 17g of carbohydrate coming from the fiber in the bar. All Quest bars use isomaltooligosaccharides, which is a 100% natural prebiotic fiber that keeps you full, but doesn’t raise your insulin levels. Also, Quest uses the sugar alcohol erythritol in this bar, a sugar alcohol which ranks a '0' on the glycemic index, meaning that it does not impact on our blood sugar as it is digested. So I can subtract both the full 17g of fiber and the 6g of erythritol sugar alcohol from the carb total, giving this bar a net carb count of just 2g. In my opinion, this is a great alternative bar."

So, I really think Quest bars are a great alternative to IP bars, and a lot of them can be considered "unrestricted".

Good luck to you!!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:43 PM   #222  

There are two quest bars that can be considered "on the fence" between restricted and unrestricted. The rest fall into restricted (or super restricted), either because of carbs, fat, or calories.

The two that are on the fence are Strawberry Cheesecake and Chocolate Peanut Butter, both with 160 calories and lower fat.

Here is a repost from the Quest Bar thread:

The Quest Coconut Cashew bars don't fit our IP profile for alts (or maybe you could call them Super-restricted and limit to once/week). They have too much fat. Take fat calories (60) multiply by 3 (no more than 1/3 calories from fat) and you can see that there are too many calories from fat in this bar. You'd want no more than 56 calories from fat to be less than 1/3
The other Quest Bars that don't work (based on fat content) or would be Super Restricted:
Vanilla Almond Crunch,
Mixed Berry Bliss,
Peanut Butter Supreme,
Peanut Butter & Jelly,
White Chocolate Raspberry,
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

All of the other Quest bars would be restricted. There are two that fall right on the edge between restricted & non (Choc Peanut butter & Strawberry Cheesecake). Fat cals are under 1/3 (but not way under) and they both have 8 g net carbs. I still personally call them restricted, altho some use them as nonrestricted. Make your decisions carefully and determine what works based on WIs.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Thanks for the info Lisa

Another question, we're ordering her food today. She wanted to get the bundle pack from Protidiet and I thought the alternative to dill pickle zippers was in there...where is that one? (she liked that one lol).
Old 03-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #224  

Ishbel
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...kle-1-bag.html
I don't see that Protidiet makes them

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-14-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #225  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Thanks for the info Lisa

Another question, we're ordering her food today. She wanted to get the bundle pack from Protidiet and I thought the alternative to dill pickle zippers was in there...where is that one? (she liked that one lol).
Healthy Smart makes the Protein Dill Krinkles
Closed Thread