Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
So, I ordered a few new things from Nashua, and I think i'm getting caught up with old posts that are kind of throwing me off. Some older posts say that the puffs are restricted, but I think based on the new rules they wouldn't be.

HealthSmart Cereal - Cinnamon - Unrestricted
HealthSmart Soup - Chicken with Pasta -Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - BBQ Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - Chili & Lime Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - Sour Cream & Onion Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Old Fashioned Strawberry & Peanuts - Super Restricted
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - BBQ - Unrestricted
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - White Cheddar - Unrestricted

Is this correct?
Looks good. The Peanut/Strawberry is 19 carbs with 3 fiber (16 net) so that puts it at the top of the restricted range. You may decide just to go with a few each week instead of each day so you aren't always at the highest end.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 237/200/170

Default Advice needed: Protidiet Honey Nut Cereal & skim milk

I have ordered the Honey Nut cereal as an alternative, is skim milk allowed on IP, and if so, how much? I know that 1oz to add if drinking tea or coffee, but if I do 2oz and add water, will that be ok as well?

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by starapple View Post
I have ordered the Honey Nut cereal as an alternative, is skim milk allowed on IP, and if so, how much? I know that 1oz to add if drinking tea or coffee, but if I do 2oz and add water, will that be ok as well?

Thanks!
1 oz per day is IP limit.
The IP cereals are made to add water.
Unsure about the alternatives
Old 01-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #64  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Are there any alternative bars or other "ready to go" type foods (not drinks) that are unrestricted? I have some trips planned and I think taking bars is going to be the easiest way to get my food in without having to stop and make something. Traveling while on IP is making me nervous as I just don't know how I'll get my veggies in, let alone be able to make the IP food work. I know it's possible and I'll make it work. Just thinking ahead.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:23 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Are there any alternative bars or other "ready to go" type foods (not drinks) that are unrestricted? I have some trips planned and I think taking bars is going to be the easiest way to get my food in without having to stop and make something. Traveling while on IP is making me nervous as I just don't know how I'll get my veggies in, let alone be able to make the IP food work. I know it's possible and I'll make it work. Just thinking ahead.
I made zucchini muffins and took those with me while travelling. The bars and snacks are all restricted.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #66  
Started IP 12/26/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I made zucchini muffins and took those with me while travelling. The bars and snacks are all restricted.
The zucchini muffin recipe I've tried uses the maple oatmeal, so that's also restricted. Is there another one that uses something else? I'm going to need LOTS of ideas. I'll be in AZ for a few days and then CA for a week, touring colleges with my daughter. I'll need some easy to eat foods, as we'll be doing a lot of driving. There will be meals provided at some of the schools...but likely not good choices for me. Eating a bar, or something like that, will be the way to go. I suppose I could pack some of the RTD products, just not sure how those will travel (without having to check bags). Guess I'll have to get creative.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 237/200/170

Default Thanks!

Quote:
1 oz per day is IP limit.
The IP cereals are made to add water.
Unsure about the alternatives
Thank you!
Old 01-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #68  

Quote:
A couple of the health smart cereals are unrestricted and good for snacking dry
If I remember, there's a protidiet white cheddar snack thing that is unrestricted too (need to confirm this though)

If you have the chain Flame Broiler, their chicken bowl with all veggies (no rice) is really good. Lots of cabbage and broccoli (just avoid the carrots)

Also Boston Market has a really good Mediterranean salad, just get dressing on side, I use 1/2 ACV and 1/2 their dressing. Yum

Last edited by Ugh73; 01-18-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by starapple View Post

Thanks!
I use the Honey Nut Soy Cereal by ProtiDiet and add a very small sprinkle of vanilla whey powder (maybe a tsp). Then I add cold water instead of milk and it really is just fine that way for me! (I'm not a fan of dry cereal when I want it to feel like breakfast.) I used to add a couple tsp of my allotted skim milk to help the milky flavor along, but now I am used to it I just use the tiny bit of powder and water.

Some people keep a vanilla RTD and use it throughout the week as creamer, so you could add a splash of that instead.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #70  

Quote:
The zucchini muffin recipe I've tried uses the maple oatmeal, so that's also restricted. Is there another one that uses something else? I'm going to need LOTS of ideas. I'll be in AZ for a few days and then CA for a week, touring colleges with my daughter. I'll need some easy to eat foods, as we'll be doing a lot of driving. There will be meals provided at some of the schools...but likely not good choices for me. Eating a bar, or something like that, will be the way to go. I suppose I could pack some of the RTD products, just not sure how those will travel (without having to check bags). Guess I'll have to get creative.
You can get an AWESOME UNRESTRICTED maple oatmeal from ProtiDiet (Nashua and other places)! I have made zucchini muffins with that and a variety of packets (chocolate, banana, vanilla, wildberry, etc). AMAZING!!

I get the large jug of the oatmeal ($28 for 20 servings) and LOVE it for both muffins and as oatmeal!!

Look up a few posts - SkinnyBride2B posted a bunch of items she got from Nashua and what is unrestricted. A few are snack items.

Not sure what kind of travelling you are doing, but I travel a lot for work and I often buy steamable bags of veggies as I travel and cook them at the hotel so I am sure to get my veggies. I take lemon and even I Can't Believe It's Not Butter along with spices. I am becoming quite adept at "hotel cookery" with my travel bag of utensils, spices, cutting board, knife, ziplocks, etc.

Last edited by JLUS; 01-18-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #71  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Not sure what kind of travelling you are doing, but I travel a lot for work and I often buy steamable bags of veggies as I travel and cook them at the hotel so I am sure to get my veggies. I take lemon and even I Can't Believe It's Not Butter along with spices. I am becoming quite adept at "hotel cookery" with my travel bag of utensils, spices, cutting board, knife, ziplocks, etc.
The veggies steamers are a fantastic idea! Never thought about taking them...duhhh?
Old 01-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #72  

Quote:
The muffin recipe I posted in Recipes #4 allows for many different unrestricted packets.
In addition, the ProtiDiet oatmeal is unrestricted.
You may need to buy some EAS RTD at different locations along the way since you're worried about packing in carry-on. That may be best-bet.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #73  
Started IP 12/26/13

Quote:
The muffin recipe I posted in Recipes #4 allows for many different unrestricted packets.
In addition, the ProtiDiet oatmeal is unrestricted.
You may need to buy some EAS RTD at different locations along the way since you're worried about packing in carry-on. That may be best-bet.
Thank you Lisa. I just went and looked at the recipe thread. Never thought about using the puddings with them. Choc/Zucchini sounds good. Thought about making the potato rolls, too. How long do they stay good, if kept in baggies or plastic containers? Also, are the EAS RTD easy to find and comparable to IP? I plan on being very prepared so that I don't stray off plan. The February trip might be tougher. By my early April trip, I hope to be a pro and I'll also be staying with relatives some of the time so more access to kitchens....and hopefully closer to goal.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

jendilly: The EAS CarbAdvantage ready-to-drink shakes are nutritionally in line with IP's RTD's however I, personally, did not like the taste.

These, while more expensive than EAS are significantly cheaper than IP and are very similar if not the same as IP's:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ate-6-box.html
Old 01-18-2014, 05:05 PM   #75  

Quote:
Thank you Lisa. I just went and looked at the recipe thread. Never thought about using the puddings with them. Choc/Zucchini sounds good. Thought about making the potato rolls, too. How long do they stay good, if kept in baggies or plastic containers? Also, are the EAS RTD easy to find and comparable to IP? I plan on being very prepared so that I don't stray off plan. The February trip might be tougher. By my early April trip, I hope to be a pro and I'll also be staying with relatives some of the time so more access to kitchens....and hopefully closer to goal.
I found the muffins seem to last a few days
EAS super easy to find anywhere: grocery, CVS, target, Walmart, Walgreens. although not my fav, will do if I can't travel with RTD.
Even easier: I travel with my shaker, dry packets, and a Brita bottle. They all easily travel in carry on.
For other travel tips, search for the road warrior thread
Closed Thread