Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #46  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
I have been googling how much protein is too much and I think most of us would have to have a lot more protein than 3-4 packets plus your 8 ounces of protein. It is something to be aware of especially if you are only drinking 30 gram drinks and no restricted.-One of the articles I looked at was:
http://www.ehow.com/way_5181196_much...one-take_.html
Hope this helps.
Great article. I like the formulas to find out how much to use and to have some sort of guideline. I remember when I was going to a clinic and my coach was calculating lean mass and she told me that some people need more than just the standard program's requirements. You will discover how much your body needs and what it will use.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #47  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I'm so excited - I found Quest bars locally for a fairly good price, considering I live in Canada, lol! A local nutrition supplement place carries them and has a special where if you buy one box, you get a second for $10 off. So, I got a box of the Cinnamon Roll ones and a box of the Strawberry Cheesecake ones for around $60 - again, I live in Canada so this is not a bad price, lol!

Guess who's having a cinnamon roll Quest bar for a snack tonight?? I can't believe finding protein bars could make me this happy

Jo
I have a cinnamon roll Quest bar every morning, even when I can have something else...I still gravitate to it. You can put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds...makes it taste even better!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #48  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
I have a cinnamon roll Quest bar every morning, even when I can have something else...I still gravitate to it. You can put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds...makes it taste even better!
Just bought a box of those today - can't wait to try one!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #49  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Big ups to Lisa for the Simply Protein Chips recommendation.
I tried the Chili Flavor - very spicy and it doesn't have a "protein" after taste. At least not to me. Worked really well as a breading for cauli "potato cake". +1

140 calories
4g fat
10 net carbs
15g protein
Old 01-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #50  

Height: 5'4"

My Nashua order included a sample I ordered of
Syntrax Mint Cookie!
What a delicious shake!!!!!
I will definitely order more!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #51  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Just want to share this: After over a year and a half of thinking I'd always go back to IP bro-cheese soup, I just had my first bowl of Proto-Thin Broc-cheese soup. It's fine! I sauteed my fresh garlic, red pepper, and mushrooms, then poured the soup in and added pepper and salt and it is just as yummy as the IP version - and ONE THIRD the cost of the IP. Hooray!

Proto-Thin also has the chocolate covered soy puff that IP makes. They are like little malted milk balls. Also one third the price.

I am a happy camper today!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #52  

Height: 5'-8"

Okay I love my IP Fruit drinks,
if it be the Blueberry Cran, Peach Mango, Pina Colada, or Pineapple & Bannana. I am placing my first Nashua Nutrition Order. Is there anything out there with simlar taste that you like? I am scared too much and not like the first time.
Thanks in advance
Old 01-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Would this product be ok? I saw it on the costco website (not in store) and wanted opinions before ordering it.

I need a reboot and can't afford IP products right now.

I'm planning on using the bars from costco (forgot the name) as my restricted.

Here are the info:

EstroSoy – French Vanilla
A delicious and convenient source of protein that is essential for optimum health and nutrition. Acts to lower cholesterol, reduce the incidence of osteoporosis and treat the symptoms of menopause. Cholesterol-free, dairy-free, and with no added sugar. Suitable for high protein/low carbohydrate diets, vegetarian friendly, with each 25 g serving offering 21 g of protein, 1g of carbohydrates and 0 g of sugars. Mixes easily and comes in a tasty French Vanilla flavour.

Nutrition Facts:

Serving size: 1 scoop (25g)
Servings per bag: 20

Amount per Serving / % Daily Values*:

Calories - 96
Total Fat - 1 g / 1%
Saturated – 0.2 g / 1 %
+trans fat – 0 g / 0%
Cholesterol - 0 mg
Sodium – 32 mg / 3%
Total Carbohydrate – 1 g / 0%
Dietary Fibre – 0 g / 0%
Sugars – 0 g
Protein – 21 g
Vitamin A – 0 %
Vitamin C – 0%
Calcium – 6 %
Iron – 21 %

Thanks
Old 01-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #54  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Would this product be ok? I saw it on the costco website (not in store) and wanted opinions before ordering it.

I need a reboot and can't afford IP products right now.

I'm planning on using the bars from costco (forgot the name) as my restricted.

Here are the info:

EstroSoy – French Vanilla
A delicious and convenient source of protein that is essential for optimum health and nutrition. Acts to lower cholesterol, reduce the incidence of osteoporosis and treat the symptoms of menopause. Cholesterol-free, dairy-free, and with no added sugar. Suitable for high protein/low carbohydrate diets, vegetarian friendly, with each 25 g serving offering 21 g of protein, 1g of carbohydrates and 0 g of sugars. Mixes easily and comes in a tasty French Vanilla flavour.

Nutrition Facts:

Serving size: 1 scoop (25g)
Servings per bag: 20

Amount per Serving / % Daily Values*:

Calories - 96
Total Fat - 1 g / 1%
Saturated – 0.2 g / 1 %
+trans fat – 0 g / 0%
Cholesterol - 0 mg
Sodium – 32 mg / 3%
Total Carbohydrate – 1 g / 0%
Dietary Fibre – 0 g / 0%
Sugars – 0 g
Protein – 21 g
Vitamin A – 0 %
Vitamin C – 0%
Calcium – 6 %
Iron – 21 %

Thanks
It certainly looks like it follows IP alternative guidelines, with the exception of the amount of protein grams. However, I use a powdered protein drink I buy at a local nutrition store and it has 25g protein per serving. I have had no issues with my weight loss and don't think this raises my protein grams to a level that would be considered high. For my other packets during the day I have a lower total protein item, so maybe it balances out. I have seen that others use products with a slightly higher protein amount as well.

Last edited by dak1lls; 01-17-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #55  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Just want to share this: After over a year and a half of thinking I'd always go back to IP bro-cheese soup, I just had my first bowl of Proto-Thin Broc-cheese soup. It's fine! I sauteed my fresh garlic, red pepper, and mushrooms, then poured the soup in and added pepper and salt and it is just as yummy as the IP version - and ONE THIRD the cost of the IP. Hooray!

Proto-Thin also has the chocolate covered soy puff that IP makes. They are like little malted milk balls. Also one third the price.

I am a happy camper today!
Joysh: I was so happy when I started ordering from Nashua and saw that so many items were nearly identical to IP at less than half the price! I have some of the IP Broccoli Cheese soup left but never liked the taste. I have not jazzed it up, but will have to try that. I tried the IP Tomato Basil soup the other day and poured it down the drain. I could not eat it! I have used it to make the bread sticks though and those were tasty. DH loved them as well. Those two soups are my only IP products left from last May, when I started. It is funny to look in my pantry now and see all the boxes of protein foods!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Joysh: I was so happy when I started ordering from Nashua and saw that so many items were nearly identical to IP at less than half the price! I have some of the IP Broccoli Cheese soup left but never liked the taste. I have not jazzed it up, but will have to try that. I tried the IP Tomato Basil soup the other day and poured it down the drain. I could not eat it! I have used it to make the bread sticks though and those were tasty. DH loved them as well. Those two soups are my only IP products left from last May, when I started. It is funny to look in my pantry now and see all the boxes of protein foods!
Dak1lls: I'm the same way with the broccoli/cheese and tomato soups
I gave them to my mom because our tastes are WAY different.
I can jazz up a lot of things but could never jazz those two.

But I like other items other people don't.

I need to put in a Nashua order. I just wish they had a substitute for the IP potato puree. I make a sort've suitable substitute with a plain protein powder but it isn't as good.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #57  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I need to put in a Nashua order. I just wish they had a substitute for the IP potato puree. I make a sort've suitable substitute with a plain protein powder but it isn't as good.
My world would be complete it there was knock offs of IP potato puree & crispy cereal
Old 01-17-2014, 03:17 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

So, I ordered a few new things from Nashua, and I think i'm getting caught up with old posts that are kind of throwing me off. Some older posts say that the puffs are restricted, but I think based on the new rules they wouldn't be.

HealthSmart Cereal - Cinnamon - Unrestricted
HealthSmart Soup - Chicken with Pasta -Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - BBQ Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - Chili & Lime Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - Sour Cream & Onion Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Old Fashioned Strawberry & Peanuts - Super Restricted
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - BBQ - Unrestricted
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - White Cheddar - Unrestricted

Is this correct?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
My world would be complete it there was knock offs of IP potato puree & crispy cereal
I know what you mean, there are so many recipes that I wan't to try that use those 2 things, but I just feel like they are too expensive to buy.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #60  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
So, I ordered a few new things from Nashua, and I think i'm getting caught up with old posts that are kind of throwing me off. Some older posts say that the puffs are restricted, but I think based on the new rules they wouldn't be.

HealthSmart Cereal - Cinnamon - Unrestricted
HealthSmart Soup - Chicken with Pasta -Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - BBQ Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - Chili & Lime Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - Sour Cream & Onion Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Old Fashioned Strawberry & Peanuts - Super Restricted
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - BBQ - Unrestricted
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - White Cheddar - Unrestricted

Is this correct?
I think it all looks right. I don't think the Old Fashioned Strawberry bar is super restricted though. I have had one several days a week as my snack.

This is all stuff I have ordered and loved, except the Chicken and Pasta soup.
Closed Thread