Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 02:16 PM   #121  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacygirl1 View Post
Hi...i asked this question in the wrong forum so i'm asking it again here...
what is a good tastey cereal that is non restricted? what do you use with it???...skim milk...almond milk....no milk :/ ?
I love the Healthsmart cereal - cinnamon from nashua nutrition. I munched it dry or used a splash of vanilla premier protein rtd, or an ounce of skim milk. Depended on my mood. Tasted like cinnamon cheerios. Yum. It was handy to munch in the car on my way to work.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:41 PM   #122  
maintaining since 9/2013

Default Quest?

I had just started using Quest bars (locking them in my trunk of course) when I read mention of the mislabeling lawsuit. I'm wondering whether other Quest lovers are continuing to use them or not?

Last edited by mars735; 01-31-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #123  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
I had just started using Quest bars (locking them in my trunk of course) when I read mention of the mislabeling lawsuit. I'm wondering whether other Quest lovers are continuing to use them or not?
Just because someone claims something in a lawsuit doesn't make it true.
Kind've like innocent until proven guilty.

However I super restrict quest bars due to cravings.
Some folks have much success with them & others don't even like them that much.
Probably an individual thing
YMMV
Old 02-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm going to stop the quest bars. The past two weeks I haven't lost much and the only thing I've done differently is eating the quest bars - I've been eating one every night.

To be fair, I expected to lose less these past two weeks since they are week 3 and 4 so the rate of loss is supposed to drop compared to the first couple of weeks, but it's gone down to just a pound a week. May not have anything to do with the bars, but I still think I'll stop eating them.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Deal alert - amazon.com has 40 percent off EAS RTD with code EASTRNOI . Limit four 4-packs of each flavor. I just got 48 servings for $35 shipped (prime), which is a pretty good deal. Hope this helps someone!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

Default thank you dak1lls :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I love the Healthsmart cereal - cinnamon from nashua nutrition. I munched it dry or used a splash of vanilla premier protein rtd, or an ounce of skim milk. Depended on my mood. Tasted like cinnamon cheerios. Yum. It was handy to munch in the car on my way to work.
I'll have to order this cereal next time. I like to look at your weight loss ticker tape makes me motivated to keep going strong! Weighed myself today and I'm 165 and fit into my size 12 old navy jeans...YEEHAW! Plan on losing 20 more lbs but when I look at your ticker tape makes me believe I can go waaaay past my goal weight of 145.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I love the Quest bars, but as I just began phase 2, I was also running out of them, and just have some IP garlic chips and muscle milk lite left, and already I have noticed an increase in weight loss - from just a day and a half!

I think, once I am in mainteneance, I will get another box of quest bars, to keep in my car (when not to hot or cold!) as well as in my office and in my purse - it's nice to have something I "know" can hold me over longer than some other snacks that have more calories and fat.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
I'm currently obsessed with the Chocorite peanut butter protein shake powder. It's soooo good! It has 24g protein per serving but it keeps me really satisfied. I've also tried the banana cream which is also good and mixes well with the peanut butter flavor.
I'm really thinking about including this in my first ever order using alternatives....I LOVE peanut butter...strangely if I've had any cravings at all during my 3 weeks of being on Ideal Protein...it's my main craving! I want to have some alternatives in addition to my Ideal Protein meals just to have some variety....glad to see that you've recommended what I would like to try.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #129  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

So, this weekend, in an effort to save a little money, I went out and bought some EAS Advantage Carb Control Shakes. Thought if they were good, I could use them and the IP RTD Chocolate shake. Well, maybe if I hadn't had the IP, I would think the EAS was good, but EAS suffers in comparison to IP. I will still drink them every so often but I will definitely be buying more of the IP.

Darn I was hoping to save a little money. Oh well. Such is life.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #130  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacygirl1 View Post
I'll have to order this cereal next time. I like to look at your weight loss ticker tape makes me motivated to keep going strong! Weighed myself today and I'm 165 and fit into my size 12 old navy jeans...YEEHAW! Plan on losing 20 more lbs but when I look at your ticker tape makes me believe I can go waaaay past my goal weight of 145.
That is so awesome! It makes me feel so great to know my losses help motivate you. I had no idea what goal to set for myself and figured I would adjust when I got closer. It seemed like such an unattainable goal in the beginning and now I look back with amazement! I am so happy I found this web site and this diet! Good luck to you.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #131  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
So, this weekend, in an effort to save a little money, I went out and bought some EAS Advantage Carb Control Shakes. Thought if they were good, I could use them and the IP RTD Chocolate shake. Well, maybe if I hadn't had the IP, I would think the EAS was good, but EAS suffers in comparison to IP. I will still drink them every so often but I will definitely be buying more of the IP.

I loved the IP chocolate drink mix. I never did try the RTD though. I now use a mix from Complete Nutrition called V-Core Vantage (Milk Chocolate). I love it! I know you are looking for an RTD but V-Core is so good. I see there is a Complete Nutrition location Broomfield, about 14 miles from Frederick. My location here gave me free samples of all their flavors. Besides the Milk Chocolate they have Vanilla, S'mores, Orange Creamsicle, and Cookies and Cream. My DH loves the Orange and makes it every morning with about 6 oz of water and 1 cup of crushed ice in the magic bullet. It is like a delicious milk shake. I make my chocolate one with coffee, crushed ice, sea salt and a dash of cinnamon. It is seriously yummy! I have made the cookies and cream one this way and it tastes like a coffee ice cream milkshake with bits of cookie.

My SIL orders their mix now and loves them too. Well worth a try.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #132  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Quote:
I loved the IP chocolate drink mix. I never did try the RTD though. I now use a mix from Complete Nutrition called V-Core Vantage (Milk Chocolate). I love it! I know you are looking for an RTD but V-Core is so good. I see there is a Complete Nutrition location Broomfield, about 14 miles from Frederick. My location here gave me free samples of all their flavors. Besides the Milk Chocolate they have Vanilla, S'mores, Orange Creamsicle, and Cookies and Cream. My DH loves the Orange and makes it every morning with about 6 oz of water and 1 cup of crushed ice in the magic bullet. It is like a delicious milk shake. I make my chocolate one with coffee, crushed ice, sea salt and a dash of cinnamon. It is seriously yummy! I have made the cookies and cream one this way and it tastes like a coffee ice cream milkshake with bits of cookie.

My SIL orders their mix now and loves them too. Well worth a try.
dak1lls - Thank you so much. My IP clinic is actually in Broomfield - might have to go check it out after my weigh in tomorrow.

Have you tried it hot, like in coffee? Does it heat up well. I usually mix my chocolate drink with coffee and it is like a mocha. I quit using the IP Chocolate Drink mix because it was too high in carbs. It should be restricted I think.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #133  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
dak1lls - Thank you so much. My IP clinic is actually in Broomfield - might have to go check it out after my weigh in tomorrow.

Have you tried it hot, like in coffee? Does it heat up well. I usually mix my chocolate drink with coffee and it is like a mocha. I quit using the IP Chocolate Drink mix because it was too high in carbs. It should be restricted I think.
I have not tried it hot, but that's a great idea! I have mixed it with hot coffee when I forgot to make coffee the night before and it seemed to dissolve quite well, but melted my ice when I blended it. Here are the stats for the V-Core Vantage Milk Chocolate, and I have used it as an unrestricted:

Calories 150
Calories from fat 20
Net Carbs 6g (total of 9g carbs minus 3g dietary fiber carbs)
Protein 25g
Contains sucralose no aspartame.

I have used this since about week 8 when I switched to alts and have had no issues with continued losses. You should stop and ask for samples and try it before buying though. I don't know if all stores offer free samples, but my location did, so it won't hurt to ask.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:41 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

Default Dak1lls Thanks for the V Core Vantage tip :)

Quote:
That is so awesome! It makes me feel so great to know my losses help motivate you. I had no idea what goal to set for myself and figured I would adjust when I got closer. It seemed like such an unattainable goal in the beginning and now I look back with amazement! I am so happy I found this web site and this diet! Good luck to you.
Yes your weight-loss ticker tape is the one that inspires me! Thanks for all the alt food tips. I'll have to order V Core Vantage through Amazon...there are no Complete Nutrition stores in my state or states near by.

Curious what did you do for excercise? I am in week 11 and I have 26 lbs to go before I am at my 90% weight-loss which is when I will start P2.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:21 AM   #135  
Alt Product User

Height: 6'

Question suffers in comparison

Quote:

Hi ColoradoCarol, could you explain what "suffers in comparison" means for the EAS RTD? Was it just taste, and/or something else?

Good luck to all who are in the path of this Snow/ice storm!
Closed Thread