3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #46
Carb Addict
 
Tigerlvr52's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 319/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
I have been googling how much protein is too much and I think most of us would have to have a lot more protein than 3-4 packets plus your 8 ounces of protein. It is something to be aware of especially if you are only drinking 30 gram drinks and no restricted.-One of the articles I looked at was:
http://www.ehow.com/way_5181196_much...one-take_.html
Hope this helps.
Great article. I like the formulas to find out how much to use and to have some sort of guideline. I remember when I was going to a clinic and my coach was calculating lean mass and she told me that some people need more than just the standard program's requirements. You will discover how much your body needs and what it will use.
__________________
Round one 05-2012-11-2012

Reboot after baby 1-14



My reason for sticking OP


WI#1 11.5 WI#4 No Weigh in
WI #2 2 (TOM) WI#5 -2.3
WI #3 + 1.5 (Sick)
Tigerlvr52 is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #47
Workin' It
 
SuzieV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 199

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I'm so excited - I found Quest bars locally for a fairly good price, considering I live in Canada, lol! A local nutrition supplement place carries them and has a special where if you buy one box, you get a second for $10 off. So, I got a box of the Cinnamon Roll ones and a box of the Strawberry Cheesecake ones for around $60 - again, I live in Canada so this is not a bad price, lol!

Guess who's having a cinnamon roll Quest bar for a snack tonight?? I can't believe finding protein bars could make me this happy

Jo
I have a cinnamon roll Quest bar every morning, even when I can have something else...I still gravitate to it. You can put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds...makes it taste even better!
__________________
SuzieV is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
lighthouse101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 263

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
I have a cinnamon roll Quest bar every morning, even when I can have something else...I still gravitate to it. You can put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds...makes it taste even better!
Just bought a box of those today - can't wait to try one!
__________________


lighthouse101 is offline  
Old 01-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #49
IP Start Date 8.15.13
 
clbott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 158

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Default

Big ups to Lisa for the Simply Protein Chips recommendation.
I tried the Chili Flavor - very spicy and it doesn't have a "protein" after taste. At least not to me. Worked really well as a breading for cauli "potato cake". +1

140 calories
4g fat
10 net carbs
15g protein
__________________

Goals:
261 - Lowest Adult Weight
246 - 100 lbs Lost
202 - No Longer Obese
169 - Normal Body Weight
clbott is offline  
Old 01-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
mckaren4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 161

Height: 5'4"

Default

My Nashua order included a sample I ordered of
Syntrax Mint Cookie!
What a delicious shake!!!!!
I will definitely order more!!!
__________________

Highest weight-March 2013 Started IP Nov 30,2013 @ 209lbs.
I'm not telling you it's going to be easy-I'm telling you it's going to be worth it!!!
We can do this!!!
mckaren4 is offline  
Old 01-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #51
Started IP 6/14/12
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 672

S/C/G: 202.8/129/125

Height: 5'1"

Default

Just want to share this: After over a year and a half of thinking I'd always go back to IP bro-cheese soup, I just had my first bowl of Proto-Thin Broc-cheese soup. It's fine! I sauteed my fresh garlic, red pepper, and mushrooms, then poured the soup in and added pepper and salt and it is just as yummy as the IP version - and ONE THIRD the cost of the IP. Hooray!

Proto-Thin also has the chocolate covered soy puff that IP makes. They are like little malted milk balls. Also one third the price.

I am a happy camper today!
__________________

Started June 14, 2012; Reached goal: March 19, 2013; Maintenance: May 2, 2013; 81 pounds lost!
Maintaining 1 year and 4 months!
View complete pix by clicking on my name!
joysh is offline  
Old 01-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #52
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 76

Height: 5'-8"

Default

Okay I love my IP Fruit drinks,
if it be the Blueberry Cran, Peach Mango, Pina Colada, or Pineapple & Bannana. I am placing my first Nashua Nutrition Order. Is there anything out there with simlar taste that you like? I am scared too much and not like the first time.
Thanks in advance
willsea is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Busymomx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 759

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Would this product be ok? I saw it on the costco website (not in store) and wanted opinions before ordering it.

I need a reboot and can't afford IP products right now.

I'm planning on using the bars from costco (forgot the name) as my restricted.

Here are the info:

EstroSoy French Vanilla
A delicious and convenient source of protein that is essential for optimum health and nutrition. Acts to lower cholesterol, reduce the incidence of osteoporosis and treat the symptoms of menopause. Cholesterol-free, dairy-free, and with no added sugar. Suitable for high protein/low carbohydrate diets, vegetarian friendly, with each 25 g serving offering 21 g of protein, 1g of carbohydrates and 0 g of sugars. Mixes easily and comes in a tasty French Vanilla flavour.

Nutrition Facts:

Serving size: 1 scoop (25g)
Servings per bag: 20

Amount per Serving / % Daily Values*:

Calories - 96
Total Fat - 1 g / 1%
Saturated 0.2 g / 1 %
+trans fat 0 g / 0%
Cholesterol - 0 mg
Sodium 32 mg / 3%
Total Carbohydrate 1 g / 0%
Dietary Fibre 0 g / 0%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 21 g
Vitamin A 0 %
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 6 %
Iron 21 %

Thanks
__________________


Started IP - August 1, 2011 at 294.6
Hit Goal -June 2, 2012 at 152.4
Started Maintenance - June 30, 2012 at 148.2
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...nths-goal.html
Busymomx4 is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #54
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 837

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Would this product be ok? I saw it on the costco website (not in store) and wanted opinions before ordering it.

I need a reboot and can't afford IP products right now.

I'm planning on using the bars from costco (forgot the name) as my restricted.

Here are the info:

EstroSoy – French Vanilla
A delicious and convenient source of protein that is essential for optimum health and nutrition. Acts to lower cholesterol, reduce the incidence of osteoporosis and treat the symptoms of menopause. Cholesterol-free, dairy-free, and with no added sugar. Suitable for high protein/low carbohydrate diets, vegetarian friendly, with each 25 g serving offering 21 g of protein, 1g of carbohydrates and 0 g of sugars. Mixes easily and comes in a tasty French Vanilla flavour.

Nutrition Facts:

Serving size: 1 scoop (25g)
Servings per bag: 20

Amount per Serving / % Daily Values*:

Calories - 96
Total Fat - 1 g / 1%
Saturated – 0.2 g / 1 %
+trans fat – 0 g / 0%
Cholesterol - 0 mg
Sodium – 32 mg / 3%
Total Carbohydrate – 1 g / 0%
Dietary Fibre – 0 g / 0%
Sugars – 0 g
Protein – 21 g
Vitamin A – 0 %
Vitamin C – 0%
Calcium – 6 %
Iron – 21 %

Thanks
It certainly looks like it follows IP alternative guidelines, with the exception of the amount of protein grams. However, I use a powdered protein drink I buy at a local nutrition store and it has 25g protein per serving. I have had no issues with my weight loss and don't think this raises my protein grams to a level that would be considered high. For my other packets during the day I have a lower total protein item, so maybe it balances out. I have seen that others use products with a slightly higher protein amount as well.
__________________

Don't look back, you're not going that way!

Last edited by dak1lls : 01-17-2014 at 12:39 PM.
dak1lls is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #55
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 837

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Just want to share this: After over a year and a half of thinking I'd always go back to IP bro-cheese soup, I just had my first bowl of Proto-Thin Broc-cheese soup. It's fine! I sauteed my fresh garlic, red pepper, and mushrooms, then poured the soup in and added pepper and salt and it is just as yummy as the IP version - and ONE THIRD the cost of the IP. Hooray!

Proto-Thin also has the chocolate covered soy puff that IP makes. They are like little malted milk balls. Also one third the price.

I am a happy camper today!
Joysh: I was so happy when I started ordering from Nashua and saw that so many items were nearly identical to IP at less than half the price! I have some of the IP Broccoli Cheese soup left but never liked the taste. I have not jazzed it up, but will have to try that. I tried the IP Tomato Basil soup the other day and poured it down the drain. I could not eat it! I have used it to make the bread sticks though and those were tasty. DH loved them as well. Those two soups are my only IP products left from last May, when I started. It is funny to look in my pantry now and see all the boxes of protein foods!
__________________

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #56
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,042

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Joysh: I was so happy when I started ordering from Nashua and saw that so many items were nearly identical to IP at less than half the price! I have some of the IP Broccoli Cheese soup left but never liked the taste. I have not jazzed it up, but will have to try that. I tried the IP Tomato Basil soup the other day and poured it down the drain. I could not eat it! I have used it to make the bread sticks though and those were tasty. DH loved them as well. Those two soups are my only IP products left from last May, when I started. It is funny to look in my pantry now and see all the boxes of protein foods!
Dak1lls: I'm the same way with the broccoli/cheese and tomato soups
I gave them to my mom because our tastes are WAY different.
I can jazz up a lot of things but could never jazz those two.

But I like other items other people don't.

I need to put in a Nashua order. I just wish they had a substitute for the IP potato puree. I make a sort've suitable substitute with a plain protein powder but it isn't as good.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #57
Workin' It
 
SuzieV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 199

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I need to put in a Nashua order. I just wish they had a substitute for the IP potato puree. I make a sort've suitable substitute with a plain protein powder but it isn't as good.
My world would be complete it there was knock offs of IP potato puree & crispy cereal
__________________
SuzieV is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 03:17 PM   #58
Member
 
skinnybride2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 94

S/C/G: 164/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Default

So, I ordered a few new things from Nashua, and I think i'm getting caught up with old posts that are kind of throwing me off. Some older posts say that the puffs are restricted, but I think based on the new rules they wouldn't be.

HealthSmart Cereal - Cinnamon - Unrestricted
HealthSmart Soup - Chicken with Pasta -Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - BBQ Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - Chili & Lime Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - Sour Cream & Onion Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Old Fashioned Strawberry & Peanuts - Super Restricted
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - BBQ - Unrestricted
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - White Cheddar - Unrestricted

Is this correct?
__________________


Once I hit goal, i'm going on a cruise!
skinnybride2be is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #59
Member
 
skinnybride2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 94

S/C/G: 164/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
My world would be complete it there was knock offs of IP potato puree & crispy cereal
I know what you mean, there are so many recipes that I wan't to try that use those 2 things, but I just feel like they are too expensive to buy.
__________________


Once I hit goal, i'm going on a cruise!
skinnybride2be is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #60
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 837

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
So, I ordered a few new things from Nashua, and I think i'm getting caught up with old posts that are kind of throwing me off. Some older posts say that the puffs are restricted, but I think based on the new rules they wouldn't be.

HealthSmart Cereal - Cinnamon - Unrestricted
HealthSmart Soup - Chicken with Pasta -Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - BBQ Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - Chili & Lime Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
Proti-Thin Snack - Sour Cream & Onion Soy Snacks - Unrestricted
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Old Fashioned Strawberry & Peanuts - Super Restricted
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - BBQ - Unrestricted
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - White Cheddar - Unrestricted

Is this correct?
I think it all looks right. I don't think the Old Fashioned Strawberry bar is super restricted though. I have had one several days a week as my snack.

This is all stuff I have ordered and loved, except the Chicken and Pasta soup.
__________________

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideal Protein -FAQ part 2 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 243 07-12-2014 01:22 PM
Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 504 01-08-2014 11:49 AM
Alternative Products that work in PHASE 1 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 506 06-29-2012 09:15 PM
OOPS!! - a place to talk about cheats, off protocol foods/products, NO-NOs showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 509 12-12-2010 05:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2