Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Take the total carbs and subtract out the fiber. This will give you the net carb amount. The rule is 70-120 calories and 8 and under net carbs for unrestricted. Restricted is 200 and under calories and 9+ net carbs - I keep it at under 14 net carbs for unrestricted. You also want to keep the fat to 30% or under the total calories. No aspartame. I attached the list that I use to order products from Nashua - It has it all broken down...
MURPHY - I think you meant you keep RESTRICTED under 14 net? (You wrote unrestricted but that is under 8).

Last edited by JLUS; 05-08-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #482  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I bought a pure protein container of powder. All the numbers fit for unrestricted but after I got home And looked it up on line, the cholesterol seems high at 45 mg compared to 5 in proti diet. it also has buttermilk powder. Would that make it a no no?

http://www.pureprotein.com/products/...ch-chocolate/#
Old 05-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #483  

Thanks again, Laurie. This is sooo helpful!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
MURPHY - I think you meant you keep RESTRICTED under 14 net? (You wrote unrestricted but that is under 8).
Oh shoot! Yes, that is what I meant! Thanks for catching that!!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #485  

Height: 5'3"

I'm getting ready to start IP again. I had great success with it a few years ago, but money got tight and I wasn't able to maintain it, especially since anything I eat has to be gluten free. My faves were detour protein bar - caramel peanut - (not the sugar free blue label), EAS Carb Control, and one of the Nashua Peanut Butter Surprise bars. The bar was delicious, but the ingredients changed after my first order and I was no longer able to have it. Boo! I'm hoping to try some more HealthSmart products - the peanut butter crunch & chocolate covered peanut bars, and the Proticcino cold drink that I'm hoping I can play with to help my coffee addiction first thing in the morning. I've also looked at: Syntrax, Kay's Naturals.

I've gone through so many items on Nashua to see if I can have the forum's faves. I have a question about one.

Snackergy Zippers - Sour Cream & Onion

100 calories
3g fat, .5g saturated fat
8g carbs - 1g dietary fiber, 1g sugars
10g of protein.

Would that be alright? Anyway, thank you to everyone for all your posts!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:40 AM   #486  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I'm getting ready to start IP again. I had great success with it a few years ago, but money got tight and I wasn't able to maintain it, especially since anything I eat has to be gluten free. My faves were detour protein bar - caramel peanut - (not the sugar free blue label), EAS Carb Control, and one of the Nashua Peanut Butter Surprise bars. The bar was delicious, but the ingredients changed after my first order and I was no longer able to have it. Boo! I'm hoping to try some more HealthSmart products - the peanut butter crunch & chocolate covered peanut bars, and the Proticcino cold drink that I'm hoping I can play with to help my coffee addiction first thing in the morning. I've also looked at: Syntrax, Kay's Naturals.

I've gone through so many items on Nashua to see if I can have the forum's faves. I have a question about one.

Snackergy Zippers - Sour Cream & Onion

100 calories
3g fat, .5g saturated fat
8g carbs - 1g dietary fiber, 1g sugars
10g of protein.

Would that be alright? Anyway, thank you to everyone for all your posts!
It is a tad light on protein... IP ranges 12-15, but otherwise looks fine. Stay in these ranges and you are fine:

Calories - 70 to 160 (over is getting more restricted and most people won't go above 200)
Fat - 30% or less calories from fat (take the number of calories from fat shown on the label and multiply it by three; result should not be over total calorie amount)
Unrestricted - 8 or less carbs net (carbs minus fibers)
Restricted - 9 to 16 net carbs
Super Restricted - 17 to 18 net carbs (1-2 per week)
Protein - 12 to 20
Old 05-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #487  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

JLUS is absolutely correct! I just started a reboot with alternative products and lost 7 lbs the first week! Check labels -- reads this thread and you can make your decisions as to what products you want to start using. I order from Nashua and usually purchase Health Smart, Proti Thin and Proti Diet products! BTW, I tried the Proti Then Fusilli with 1 cup cabbage and 1 cup zucchini with a little bit of Mrs. Dash Italian spice -- it was delish!!!

Last edited by Lone Loser; 05-11-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #488  

I see proti diet has a pizza. I don't ever see anyone talk about it. Now that my chip craving is taken care of with the IP crisps, I am hoping I can cure my pizza and bread craving with this. Is there a reason nobody eats it?

8 net carbs, 100 calories and 1 gr of fat. 15 gr protein.

Based on that, it is actually unrestricted too.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #489  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I see proti diet has a pizza. I don't ever see anyone talk about it. Now that my chip craving is taken care of with the IP crisps, I am hoping I can cure my pizza and bread craving with this. Is there a reason nobody eats it?

Some people on here do eat it. I bought a box and have tried it several times. I find that it is such a sad imitation of the real thing that it just makes me want a real slice even more.

Rainbow's English muffin recipe has real bread texture if that is what you miss. I make it with a beaten egg white in place of most of the water. It is a bit fluffier that way.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #490  

Quote:

I too have heard if you don't majorly doctor it IP, it' snot good at all, and even doctoring only makes it ok.

Try HealthSmart PIZZA protein chips (Nashua) and take care of both your wants in one nummmmmmy packet!
Old 05-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #491  

Quote:
I too have heard if you don't majorly doctor it IP, it' snot good at all, and even doctoring only makes it ok.

Try HealthSmart PIZZA protein chips (Nashua) and take care of both your wants in one nummmmmmy packet!
Unfortunately I am not in the US so Nashua isn't a great deal one I pay shipping and duty. I did order some proti diet here and got one pizza. I made it today. It was ok. Without cheese and pepperoni though it isn't pizza but it was nice to have something that was bread like.

I'll have to look for the English muffin recipe. I just find anything made with the potato purée tastes too much like chives.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #492  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I am restarting tomorrow!
I received my order from Nashua, and I have a question regarding the sample packs of Nectar:
It looks as though there are a few servings per sample pack - how should I measure/divide it out? How much water should I use?
TIA!
Old 05-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
Unfortunately I am not in the US so Nashua isn't a great deal one I pay shipping and duty. I did order some proti diet here and got one pizza. I made it today. It was ok. Without cheese and pepperoni though it isn't pizza but it was nice to have something that was bread like.

I'll have to look for the English muffin recipe. I just find anything made with the potato purée tastes too much like chives.
It is made with the pancake packet. I use the Healthsmart one from Nashua, but I'm sure the Canadian sites have something comparable.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #494  

Default Best Bar Ever!!!

ProtiDiet Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp (from Nashua)!!!!!! (and I have tried A LOT of bars)

140 Calories
40 cals from fat (40 x 3 =- 120 = less than 30% cals from fat)
18 carbs - 10 fiber = 8 net carbs
15 g protein

AMAZING! Tastes like a Whatchamacallit candy bar. Fortunately for me, having something sweet like this does NOT cause me to crave more. Instead, it satisfies my desire for a sweet treat. In fact, I typically alternate sweet and salty restricteds throughout the week as I like both options.

Soooooo - - - depending on what you know about yourself, either RUN right out and get some OR RUN AWAY... run far away!

Last edited by JLUS; 05-12-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
ProtiDiet Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp (from Nashua)!!!!!! (and I have tried A LOT of bars)

140 Calories
40 cals from fat (40 x 3 =- 120 = less than 30% cals from fat)
18 carbs - 10 fiber = 8 net carbs
15 g protein

AMAZING! Tastes like a Whatchamacallit candy bar. Fortunately for me, having something sweet like this does NOT cause me to crave more. Instead, it satisfies my desire for a sweet treat. In fact, I typically alternate sweet and salty restricteds throughout the week as I like both options.

Soooooo - - - depending on what you know about yourself, either RUN right out and get some OR RUN AWAY... run far away!

I agree that this is the BEST bar and I run far, far, far away from it as I have discovered myself eating at least two at a time when I am having a tough time. They are no longer allowed in my house because I still have work to do on some of my addictive behaviors.
Closed Thread