3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #376
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 619

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Ok so I'm looking for taste comparative, I have some things on IP I really like and I'm going to start the switch to alternatives from Nashu but I'm afraid to order things I'm not going to like. So my question is if you like something on IP, say the tomato soup did you also like the similar item from Nashu nutrition?
__________________
[





Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
AmberLS is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #377
Member
 
danilynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 66

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I put this together to give me a quick reference when placing an order. I only subtracted fiber from total carb count, not sugar alcohols.. Hope this list helps someone!
Thanks for putting this list together!

One thing that wasnt on this that i order is the Proti-thin Protein Pasta - Fusili

I love this pasta and is my go to ..

130 cals
7 carbs
2 fibers
(5 net carbs)
20 g's protein

i mix this with 2 cups of veggies and your daily recommended oil and spices.. YUM
__________________





a for every 5 lbs lost:

danilynn is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #378
Member
 
cschmandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 198/174/130

Height: 5'3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I put this together to give me a quick reference when placing an order. I only subtracted fiber from total carb count, not sugar alcohols.. Hope this list helps someone!
Thank you for putting this list together.

I saved it in my file to keep for future reference.


Last edited by cschmandt : 04-14-2014 at 11:22 AM.
cschmandt is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #379
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 619

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Okay I just made my first order at Nashu, I'm going rogue!!!! LOL I do have a question though, the proti diet pizza looks amazing, is it ok? I looked at the nutrition label, it's got 3g of sugar.
__________________
[





Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
AmberLS is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #380
Senior Member
 
murphypuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 181

S/C/G: 215/159.7/135

Height: 5'4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Ok so I'm looking for taste comparative, I have some things on IP I really like and I'm going to start the switch to alternatives from Nashu but I'm afraid to order things I'm not going to like. So my question is if you like something on IP, say the tomato soup did you also like the similar item from Nashu nutrition?
I la-la-love the oatmeal and the peanut butter cookies... Chicken soup is as tasty as thes packets get... The bars have all been good so far.
__________________
murphypuppy is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #381
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 619

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

I ordered the pasta, the chedder puffs, the tomato soup cause I really like IP's so I'm hoping! I also got the tropical drink, and the beef soup.
__________________
[





Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
AmberLS is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #382
Member
 
danilynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 66

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Okay I just made my first order at Nashu, I'm going rogue!!!! LOL I do have a question though, the proti diet pizza looks amazing, is it ok? I looked at the nutrition label, it's got 3g of sugar.

I ordered the pizza -- I count it as a restricted item. Though let me tell you, it lacks in taste. i had to spruce mine up a bit -- add garlic to the 'dough'..
__________________





a for every 5 lbs lost:

danilynn is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #383
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 619

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

I figured if I added garlic and veggies to it that it might be really amazing! LOL
__________________
[





Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
AmberLS is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #384
Senior Member
 
murphypuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 181

S/C/G: 215/159.7/135

Height: 5'4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I figured if I added garlic and veggies to it that it might be really amazing! LOL
After 9 weeks without pizza, pretty much anything resembling it would be amazing!! I'm going to order it as well. Maybe with some turkey sausage, garlic and peppers...
__________________
murphypuppy is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #385
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 961

S/C/G: 217/185/170

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Okay I just made my first order at Nashu, I'm going rogue!!!! LOL I do have a question though, the proti diet pizza looks amazing, is it ok? I looked at the nutrition label, it's got 3g of sugar.
Remember... it is the total carbs that matter, not the fact that there are a few sugars as part of the carb count. Many IP items also have some sugars.

Let us know what you think about the pizza? I have never used it but am curious!
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Return P1 July 2014 for 15 lb additional

JLUS is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #386
Member
 
danilynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 66

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Remember... it is the total carbs that matter, not the fact that there are a few sugars as part of the carb count. Many IP items also have some sugars.

Let us know what you think about the pizza? I have never used it but am curious!
Jlus -- Ive had the pizza. Its so-so but it quenches the hunger for that 1 slice of pizza. you just need to doctor it up to your likening. I added garlic salt to my pizza crust with the tomato sauce.. and had a very large side salad in addition. The pizza alone will not curb the hunger.
__________________





a for every 5 lbs lost:

danilynn is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #387
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 961

S/C/G: 217/185/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Nashua Lifetime Discount

If you think you will order from Nashua more than just a couple times, you should consider getting the Lifetime Membership which gives you a 10% discount on EVERY order AND also further discounts sale items for more savings.

It is NOT advertised on the site... you have to know about it...

Place your order as normal and then in the NOTES section, ask them to add the Lifetime Membership to your order. It runs $29 as I recall. When you hit send, your order will be placed at the full amount... THEN when they receive your order and note, they will email you back with a modified total that shows the membership added and then the whole order reduced by 10% (they even reduce the membership by 10% as part of the order),

After that, every time you Log In, you will see a message pop up that you are a Lifetime Member and all orders will show the 10% discount!!
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Return P1 July 2014 for 15 lb additional

JLUS is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #388
Member
 
cschmandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 198/174/130

Height: 5'3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
If you think you will order from Nashua more than just a couple times, you should consider getting the Lifetime Membership which gives you a 10% discount on EVERY order AND also further discounts sale items for more savings.

It is NOT advertised on the site... you have to know about it...

Place your order as normal and then in the NOTES section, ask them to add the Lifetime Membership to your order. It runs $29 as I recall. When you hit send, your order will be placed at the full amount... THEN when they receive your order and note, they will email you back with a modified total that shows the membership added and then the whole order reduced by 10% (they even reduce the membership by 10% as part of the order),

After that, every time you Log In, you will see a message pop up that you are a Lifetime Member and all orders will show the 10% discount!!
I will keep that in mind the next time I place an order through Nashua.

Thanks for the information!

Cheryl

cschmandt is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #389
Started IP on 3/1/2014
 
karkrazy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 114

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I put this together to give me a quick reference when placing an order. I only subtracted fiber from total carb count, not sugar alcohols.. Hope this list helps someone!
I thought 8 net carbs or less was considered unrestricted, but some of the products on your list with 8 net carbs are marked as restricted. What is the most current protocol?

This is what I believed was correct:

8 or less net carbs = unrestricted
9 or more net carbs = restricted

I just want to make sure I'm counting something as restricted if it actually is
__________________





One for every 5 pounds lost!

karkrazy13 is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 02:10 PM   #390
Senior Member
 
Bellamack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,787

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

If you like the Dill Zippers, the ones from Noshua are good
__________________


WI 1: -4.0 WI 5: -2.0 WI 9: -0.6
WI 2: -0.6 WI 6: -1.2 WI 10: -2.0
WI 3: 0.0 WI 7: -0.8
WI 4: -1.2 WI 8: +0.4
Bellamack is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideal Protein -FAQ part 2 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 243 07-12-2014 01:22 PM
Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 504 01-08-2014 11:49 AM
Alternative Products that work in PHASE 1 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 506 06-29-2012 09:15 PM
OOPS!! - a place to talk about cheats, off protocol foods/products, NO-NOs showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 509 12-12-2010 05:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2