Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 part 3

You're on Page 23 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: I received an email from nashua about Control brand being on sale… have any of you tried these products? I looked at the stats on one bar and it seemed to meet criteria as a restricted product.
    I'm wondering the same thing...haven't seen anything pop up in the threads yet, though.

Can I second this question...anyone have any luck with Control products which are currently on sale at Nashua?
  • I used EAS carb control along with IP products as I wanted some RTDs for convenience that were gluten free and EAS CC shakes are that.

The vanilla, choc or cafe carmel are all delish if you take to a coffee shop and have them use THAT (instead of their milk and flavoring) with the espresso shots...for a steamed latte. Wish I knew to do that LAST year when I was using them daily...but at any rate..it is something to try.

Recently I bought my own frother and now make them at home a few times a week...It's a nice alternative to a coffee shop latte full of calories and fat...(and if they ONLY use the RTD as you instruct them...it is IP compliant!) Nice way to start the day once in a while.

I agree about them cold too...used to blend them with ice in the blender..strawberry was my least favorite at Room Temp...or just chilled...but was like a creamy strawberry smoothie with crushed ice and blended. Loved that one in the summer. Eat it with a spoon!
  • What?! Wafers are super restricted? I didn't know that! I had great losses the week I ate them almost everyday! I was so upset when they didn't have any last week!
  • Is there an alternative product for the salt and vinegar crisps?
  • Quote: Is there an alternative product for the salt and vinegar crisps?
    Proti Thin has S n V soy crisps (I have not tried them) on the border of restricted with 8 carbs and HealthSmart has S n V chips that I really enjoy, though restricted 14 c - 5 fiber) and a little short on protein at 10g. I usually add an egg white to something else I eat on days I have the HS chips (lots of varieties). Both are on the Nashua site which has FREE shipping over $49 today only using code TODAY49.
  • Quote: What?! Wafers are super restricted? I didn't know that! I had great losses the week I ate them almost everyday! I was so upset when they didn't have any last week!
    According to the p1 protocol, sheet, wafers are restricted (once daily). Not super restricted.

Re Control products
    I looked at the nutritional info on a few. They didn't look like IP products to me.
  • My bad-saying wafers were super restricted-thanks for correcting me.
  • Is it mandatory to consume the restricted items once per day? I'm out of the bars and with my work schedule the packets are a pain. I just grabbed two EAS carb control shakes and IP soy chips today, all of which are unrestricted. I see this happening frequently....
  • Finally confessed to my counselor that I was using alternate products. She's not happy, especially about Quest bars. I told her that the IP stuff was just too expensive. Felt like they were going to put me in IP jail. Oh we'll, I'm still losing and my pile of clothes to be donated is growing so will keep using alt products.
  • Quote: Finally confessed to my counselor that I was using alternate products. She's not happy, especially about Quest bars. I told her that the IP stuff was just too expensive. Felt like they were going to put me in IP jail. Oh we'll, I'm still losing and my pile of clothes to be donated is growing so will keep using alt products.
    I HATE that!!! My coach gave me a dressing down over taking a different brand of vitamins. He kept saying "Well, it's your health." I responded with "Yeah, it's my pocketbook as well." They are just watching their bottom line. If they can make you believe that IP products are the only healthy way to do this, then you will keep coming back to pay $30-$33 a box....
    Congrats on all those clothes that are now too big!!!
  • I don't think my coach would notice if I stopped buying the supplements. She doesn't seem to document. I couldn't believe that they want $1 for the journal! Like I don't pay enough. She has never once checked it since I have always lost weight.
  • Quote: I HATE that!!! My coach gave me a dressing down over taking a different brand of vitamins. He kept saying "Well, it's your health." I responded with "Yeah, it's my pocketbook as well." They are just watching their bottom line. If they can make you believe that IP products are the only healthy way to do this, then you will keep coming back to pay $30-$33 a box....
    Congrats on all those clothes that are now too big!!!
    I hear so many horror stories on here about various I.P. businesses. I am so thankful that I have such a great I.P. place to go. It is through a health clinic that employs my coach just so people will lose weight. I don't have to buy anything there & don't pay for any literature. Recently, they even switched to a different brand of product which was a whole lot cheaper so people could afford it. Basically, I don't buy anything there but just weigh in every week. My coach is very helpful and dedicated also. What a deal!
  • If you use alternate products do you just get as close as possible to the IP product nutrional break down - I'm thinking that I'm spending a lot on IP and would like to try a few other products - I'm still in phase 1

thanks for any input
  • Quote: If you use alternate products do you just get as close as possible to the IP product nutrional break down - I'm thinking that I'm spending a lot on IP and would like to try a few other products - I'm still in phase 1

thanks for any input
    Just follow the nutritional guidelines for selecting alternative products that are found on the second post of this thread (page 1). They give you the ranges for calories, fats, carbs, sugars and proteins as well as what makes something restricted.

Then shop for your products and compare stats before buying. Lots of products discussed on this thread as well as where to buy them.

Any questions, just keep asking here!
  • For those of you that have done both IP and alternatives are there any products you prefer IP for? My husband is going to start on alternatives. I figure we will both just have a mix. I'd like to get the best bang for my buck in choosing which products to buy from each source. I am assuming it is like buying the generic brand products and there are certain things I will not buy generic for!