Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Another good travel thread is here:

Rainbow Smiles Survival Road Kit

I buy eggs when I am on the road and get the kitchen of the hotel to hard boil them for me when I am on the road. Keep them in my hotel room fridge and always a few in my purse for emergencies. I am set!
I have seen already-boiled eggs at Walmart. They were in that free-standing counter display that is usually close to the deli counter (usually has specialty cheeses, premixed salads, deli sandwiches, etc.) I haven't TASTED one, so I don't know how fresh tasting they are. But, it might be good to check out if you were on the road and stopped at a Walmart to pick up some bagged lettuce or salads.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #317  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Good to know, Yayalaine. I am going to check that out.

I was thinking about the eggs last night. If travel is domestic and there is room in my suitcase, I could also take my egg cooker along. It's pretty darn handy and compact.

Egg Cooker

I use mine virtually every day at home. There are probably smaller ones on the market that would be even better for travel.

Last edited by Annik; 04-07-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 199.8/172.1/135

Height: 5"4'

Thank you Annik, I can't believe someone is so organized, never would have thought of this on my own. Amazing! Now I'm not quite so stressed about travelling.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #319  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I've been hanging out with some of the best

Best advice = keep reading the threads. There is a wealth of information here and some really brilliant people on board!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #320  

Thank you very much for your help, karkrazy13 and lisa32989. That's a great help for starting on alternatives. I will be switching to all alternatives next week, and am very hopeful.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #321  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Exactly Mckaren - I actually ended up with a box of them and gave them away because I kept thinking about them - like constantly. Coach said eat them if I wanted to as a restricted but I know that candy is a trigger food for me and was worried I wouldn't stop at 1. Funny how other sweet things don't do that to me but put a candy like thing in front of me and tell me it's allowed and my brain goes nuts.
Trigger foods I understand-I have to watch which quest bars I buy because I can power them down
now dark chocolate and raspberry are meh to me. I am sure Ideal Protein tested them before they made them part of the program!

My real point wasn't trigger foods-it was to say use the guidelines and your analytical powers to determine alternative products-the world isn't black and white and if you eat a bar or shake that's not exact to the guideline-it doesn't mean you aren't following ideal protein 100%-not all ideal protein products fall under those guidelines......The wafers are another example-super restricted but they have 200 calories........Use the guidelines (analyze but don't sweat the small stuff) and make the program with alternatives work for you!!!

I have said my opinion -take it or leave it-I like to hear other peoples opinions-I sometimes agree and sometimes I roll my eyes even at those who have been very successful with the plan-different strokes for different folks! I am not perfect-I struggle with staying on plan-so take my opinion with a grain of salt(with potassium)......Have a great on plan day!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

I received an email from nashua about Control brand being on sale… have any of you tried these products? I looked at the stats on one bar and it seemed to meet criteria as a restricted product.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #323  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
Trigger foods I understand-I have to watch which quest bars I buy because I can power them down
now dark chocolate and raspberry are meh to me. I am sure Ideal Protein tested them before they made them part of the program!

My real point wasn't trigger foods-it was to say use the guidelines and your analytical powers to determine alternative products-the world isn't black and white and if you eat a bar or shake that's not exact to the guideline-it doesn't mean you aren't following ideal protein 100%-not all ideal protein products fall under those guidelines......The wafers are another example-super restricted but they have 200 calories........Use the guidelines (analyze but don't sweat the small stuff) and make the program with alternatives work for you!!!

I have said my opinion -take it or leave it-I like to hear other peoples opinions-I sometimes agree and sometimes I roll my eyes even at those who have been very successful with the plan-different strokes for different folks! I am not perfect-I struggle with staying on plan-so take my opinion with a grain of salt(with potassium)......Have a great on plan day!
Got it Mckaren. Sorry if I read your post the wrong way.

And I agree - we all have to look at the information and use it in the way that benefits us most. I think taking the information and figuring out what works for us individually is a great lesson to learn while still on P1. The more we learn now, the better we will be able to maintain later.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #324  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Exactly Mckaren - I actually ended up with a box of them and gave them away because I kept thinking about them - like constantly. Coach said eat them if I wanted to as a restricted but I know that candy is a trigger food for me and was worried I wouldn't stop at 1. Funny how other sweet things don't do that to me but put a candy like thing in front of me and tell me it's allowed and my brain goes nuts.
I have no control when I have a box of 'treats'. I have consumed the whole box in 1 or 2 days. Sad.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #325  

I have been on and off IP since Dec 2013. Lost 30 pounds, and have 40 to go, but I am having the hardest darn time staying committed.
I have been reading all the posts and it's nice to know that others are struggling but are not giving up.
I often wish my coach wasn't so 'nice' but I figure if she was tough on me, I would use that as an excuse not to go.
I wish I could figure out why I can be so determined and on track but can't maintain it. Why do I keep cheating myself?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 5'4

I have been using the EAS Carb Advantedge shakes for about a month and a half now....LOVE THEM!! I use the cafe caramel and french vanilla for "creamer" in my coffee with a splenda and it is amazing!! The chocolate and strawberry ones are great too, if they are really cold! I am still using the IP foods for my "lunch" everyday.....I pretty much just buy the restricted stuff from my coach for a nice treat during the day. I love the white cheddar ridges, the southwest puffs, the wafers (orange and strawberry) and the caramel nut bars. I definetly recommend the EAS shakes as an alternative product!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #327  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

FREE SHIPPING at Nashua Nutrition Today ONLY!

Last edited by JLUS; 04-08-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #328  

S/C/G: 206/185/140

First time poster! I started IP 9/1/2012, lost 36 lbs, 42 inches. Then I got cocky! Thought I could cheat here and there, did that for months. I maintained most of the loss, but started having more "cheat" bites here and there. As you know, if you cheat, you stall your loss for 3 days! So with all my stalls, I am back up 16 lbs. I love the IP protocol, I KNOW it works, however it is costly. So happy to find alternatives to the IP products!!!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 206/185/140

I've been doing the same thing. In 19 months, I've spent a small fortune on IP products!! I knew there had to be an alternative for the products. My coach was also a sweetheart, but didn't really coach me! She hasn't asked to see my journal since about the 3rd month in. After seeing all the posts here, I am re-focused on getting on track! I just decided that I am worth it, and no one can do the work but me! Going to try the Protidiet products along with other recommendations that were posted.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 278/247/150

Height: 5' 2"

Default Question about restricted vs not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
my goodness, there are so many alternatives that i love and have tried. one thing i know for sure is that everyone's tastes are so different. a friend who initially recommended IP to me gave me tips on a few items to start with. i hated them! lol.

i generally order from nashua nutrition:

protidiet old fashioned strawberry peanut bar
proti thin bbq soy snacks
proti thin chili lime soy snacks
protidiet maple brown sugar oatmeal
proti thin vanilla crispy treats
proti thin caramel delight bar
protidiet chocolate and vanilla wafers
proti thin chocolate soy snacks
protidiet liquid concentrate drinks in mixed berry, grape and cool raspberry
protidiet peanut surprise bar
protidiet bbq and white cheddar crisps
health smart cinnamon cereal
healthsmart caramel crunch bar
healthsmart peanut butter bar
weight loss systems chicken and vegetable cream soup

i purchase my drink mix from complete nutrition, locally. i also have used premier protein 18g vanilla rtd, yummy!!!!! once i found south beach meal bars in peanut butter/chocolate flavor and they were amazing! now, i can't find them anywhere. i also buy low sugar detour bars from time to time and some other bars as long as they fall within guidelines. if they are on the high end i use them sparingly.

i have been using alts since about week 8, back in June or July. It's hard to remember now. my losses have been consistent and maintenance has gone well and i still use alts for my day after fun days.
This list is great - are you using all the items you listed above as unrestricted, or are some restricted?
Closed Thread