Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 05:28 PM   #271  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
I have searched, so don't shoot me if this has been asked...I also just need a quick answer...

I ran out of IP salt and don't want to run into the pharmacy because i am an alternative gal now. Can I use any lower sodium salt from the grocery store?
I use Morton Lite Salt, which is an Iodized salt with Potassium Chloride, and it has 50% less sodium than regular salt. It's stats are:

Calories: 0
Sodium: 290 mg
Potassium: 350mg
Total carbs: 0
Protein: 0

I hope this helps!: )
Old 03-31-2014, 07:52 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Whey of Life Protein powder

Are any of you familiar with this product? A local vitamin/health food store has it in individual packets ($2.25 per packet). The calorie/fat percentage/carb counts look pretty good, but the sweetener is not familiar to me (Earthsweet?).

http://www.bluebonnetnutrition.com/p...Protein_Powder
Old 03-31-2014, 08:18 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Are any of you familiar with this product? A local vitamin/health food store has it in individual packets ($2.25 per packet). The calorie/fat percentage/carb counts look pretty good, but the sweetener is not familiar to me (Earthsweet?).

http://www.bluebonnetnutrition.com/p...Protein_Powder
Looks like EarthSweet is sweetened with a number of fruits which would not be IP compatable.The stats look good though a little high on protein.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 PM   #274  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
The only code I have seen is 10% off proti-thin products and it's PT10.
Hope this helps!
Thanks, Blessedamberly! I like many of their products, so I'll order them tomorrow. The chocolate RTDs are exactly the same as the IP ones, and half the price. I also like some of the soups. And the chocolate soy puffs and white cheddar crisps are also exactly the same as the IP brand!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
I use Morton Lite Salt, which is an Iodized salt with Potassium Chloride, and it has 50% less sodium than regular salt. It's stats are:

Calories: 0
Sodium: 290 mg
Potassium: 350mg
Total carbs: 0
Protein: 0

I hope this helps!: )

Thanks!!!

I have to say that I actually really like the reduced sodium salt. My husband always used to chide me if I ever used salt on anything (he never uses salt), but now I can say "it's healthier!". And I prefer the less salty-salt, if that makes any sense.

Last edited by Sheriously; 04-01-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #276  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Thanks, Blessedamberly! I like many of their products, so I'll order them tomorrow. The chocolate RTDs are exactly the same as the IP ones, and half the price. I also like some of the soups. And the chocolate soy puffs and white cheddar crisps are also exactly the same as the IP brand!
I am a huge fan do their broc and cheese soup mixed into cauliflower purée- one of my favorites.
I wish I would have had the guts to do alt. when I was OP originally. Would have saved me so much.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #277  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

blessedamberly....why does it take guts to do alternatives? You can't hear my tone of voice..I'm not trying to be attacking or up in your business..just trying to understand where you are coming from. I've only done alternatives and am having great success so far...I know nothing of going to a clinic personally...hence my curiosity.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #278  

I wouldn't quit my clinic for about 10 months. I just didn't trust myself. I think the biggest thing is the accountability of going in there and having to face the scale with someone watching. It was hugely motivating for me. To do it alone, with no face-to-face accountability is what I think of as "guts".
Old 04-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #279  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
blessedamberly....why does it take guts to do alternatives? You can't hear my tone of voice..I'm not trying to be attacking or up in your business..just trying to understand where you are coming from. I've only done alternatives and am having great success so far...I know nothing of going to a clinic personally...hence my curiosity.
Please see my comment below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I wouldn't quit my clinic for about 10 months. I just didn't trust myself. I think the biggest thing is the accountability of going in there and having to face the scale with someone watching. It was hugely motivating for me. To do it alone, with no face-to-face accountability is what I think of as "guts".
Lisa pretty much summarized for me- it was the do it alone with no accountability. I had started and gotten to a certain point and quit how many times with other diets and I just didn't want to fail. I have 2 young children that I didn't want to fail. Now that I have done it, been successful, and maintained up until some issues in the health department I knew I could do it and not need anyone for a simple reboot.

Last edited by blessedamberly; 04-01-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #280  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Thanks for sharing ladies. Understandable. Personally I have never been so afraid of a diet, meaning failure like I was with ideal protein. Crazy but, fears are fears. I felt like I had so much ridding on this and it was so important to me to succeed, and still is. It makes me wonder if this hadn't meant so very much to me, if I hadn't done the research on alternatives, would I of had the accountability to go it alone? Hmm...
Old 04-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #281  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Agreed. I'm doing the 3 months until my friends wedding. Then I'll re-evaluate.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #282  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Thanks for sharing ladies. Understandable. Personally I have never been so afraid of a diet, meaning failure like I was with ideal protein. Crazy but, fears are fears. I felt like I had so much ridding on this and it was so important to me to succeed, and still is. It makes me wonder if this hadn't meant so very much to me, if I hadn't done the research on alternatives, would I of had the accountability to go it alone? Hmm...
Johnsdeere: It certainly did take a lot of research for me to go out on my own. I don't know that I needed the accountability of a coach/clinic as much as I just needed to really understand what I was doing. I think the fear of failure came into it for me as well. I just felt like I had so much riding on this! I think that explains the panic when we lick a finger or absentmindedly taste something while cooking and run to the sink spitting and rinsing our mouth. I laugh at the thought now, but it is so important for me to succeed as well. This site is so great for this reason, we all have so many similar concerns; whether we are losing weight to be healthier or look great in our clothes. It is nice to go to a place where others understand what we are going through.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

I am soooo tempted to try the alternatives because saving money is always a welcome thought but I am so nervous to try it. I don't want my weight loss to slow down. Rationally, it seems that if the carb/fat/protein levels are the same in both the alternative and IP brand food that my weight loss would remain the same but my irrational side makes me think that there is magic weight loss dust in the IP brand foods...
Old 04-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

murphypuppy, I averaged the same weight losses when using alternatives as I did with IP products and I weighed less when using alternatives. It really does save $$
Old 04-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I am soooo tempted to try the alternatives because saving money is always a welcome thought but I am so nervous to try it. I don't want my weight loss to slow down. Rationally, it seems that if the carb/fat/protein levels are the same in both the alternative and IP brand food that my weight loss would remain the same but my irrational side makes me think that there is magic weight loss dust in the IP brand foods...
No magic in IP, I promise. As long as you're picking compatible products you will be fine.

PS. This is coming from someone who did all IP, then a mix then all alternatives then back to a mix.
Closed Thread