3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #31
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Beck Diet Solution
Tuesday Reality Check: If you think, ďIím going to eat this. Itís okay, it doesn't matter,Ē remind yourself that thatís not true for two reasons. First, it matters because it impacts your weight loss and your weight loss goals matter! Second, it matters because EVERY time matters. Every time has consequences for the next time, and the time after that.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #32

S/C/G: 210/See ticker /135

Height: 5'3"

fishnchik, I was on IP YEARS ago but the price of the meals were too much for me to continue. Now, I've found alternatives but following the phase sheets exactly, just using proti diet products. I don't have a coach, I use everyone's posts here to keep me going. they are all supportive and will answer any questions since they are veterens with IP.

Jendilly, As far as the constipation and the bloated feeling, I know when I went to a vegitarian way of eating, the extra veggies will give you gas and a bloating feeling. Maybe take some gasX, which seemed to help me. Constipation was also an issue for me when I started IP, I broke down one night and ate a hand full of mixed nuts, next day, I was all better. If anyone knows a better way, I'd like to here it but most fiber drinks to help with that contain WAY more carbs than a hand full of nuts do.
I have been suffering with a sweet cravings. It's been bad and drives me crazy at times. I pace the kitchen and finally just grab water and sit down or go to bed. Today didn't help, there were breakfast muffins in the breakroom. It was killing me but then I thought, "hey! You're not hungry and you're doing SO great, you don't want the guilt of a breakfast muffin, later." So I left the breakroom and walked. This morning I worked out on my bowflex for 30 minutes and did the treadmill for 10minutes before going to work. Now that's a powerful feeling!
Keep it up and stay strong!

Last edited by Steppy1974 : 01-07-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #33
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
[b]
Tuesday Reality Check: If you think, ďIím going to eat this. Itís okay, it doesn't matter,Ē remind yourself that thatís not true for two reasons. First, it matters because it impacts your weight loss and your weight loss goals matter! Second, it matters because EVERY time matters. Every time has consequences for the next time, and the time after that.
Thanks for this reality check, Lisa. I will admit that I have been a little bit more lax with myself through the holidays and, while I haven't gained anything back, I have felt less like myself. These are good reminders for me.

Happy to see so many new faces in here - Day 6, for me, seems so long ago, and I miss the journey that was P1. P4, don't get me wrong, is great though So, as you begin your journey(s), enjoy. Take this challenge head on and enjoy. Enjoy learning to love veggies, enjoy watching your body change, enjoy the strength and resolve that you get each day by being true to yourself and your goal.

You can most definitely do this.

Ideal Protein P1: 05/16/13; P3: 11/14/13; P4: 11/27/13
WI#1: -6.4; WI#2: -4.4; WI#3: -4.2; WI#4: -4.6; WI#5: - 2.2; WI#6: -3.3; WI#7: -2.9; WI#8: -0.8; WI#9: -5.6; WI#10: -4.4; WI#11: -1.3; WI#12: -1.8; WI#13: -3.3; WI#14: -1.7; WI#15: -1.8; WI#16: -2.4; WI#17: -3.1; WI#18: -2.9; WI#19: -0.9; WI#20: -2.2; WI#21: -1.5; WI#22 (missed); WI#23: -6.4; WI#24: -0; WI#25: -1.5; WI#26: -0.9; WI#27: increased, can't remember; WI#28: -1.4 (water retention reversal); WI#29: -2.6; WI#30: -1.4
Old 01-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #34
Re-start IP 1/1/14

S/C/G: 190/169/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Beck Diet Solution
Lisa, thanks for this post. It was very timely. I've been struggling with cravings today and my coworker just plopped down a Subway raspberry cheesecake cookie on my desk to thank me for helping him with something earlier. I know I won't eat it, but it's still hard in situations like that to stay focused.

Restarting 1/1/14 after losing 40 lbs and reaching goal in Summer 2012, then gaining it all back. New commitment to IP in 2014 and phasing off properly.

WI#1: -8.6; WI#2: -4.4; WI#3: -1.8; WI#4 -4.2 ; WI#5: -2.4
Old 01-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #35

S/C/G: 233/233/130

We have made it to ZERO outside (maybe warmer!!) the first time in almost 4 days!!! it is going to be 30 -34 Saturday sooooooooo I can go sledding with the kids!

Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"

Last edited by sarahBell : 01-07-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #36
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Still feeling a little "off" today. My stomach has been "gurgling", I feel bloated and maybe a little constipated. I've gone a little, but not normal. (sorry if TMI), I just could use some advice. My first week was great (other than leg cramps) but this week doesn't feel as good. I know I haven't lost much at all, my tummy is feeling weird, I'm not "regular". My cycles are always off and on, so I have no idea if it's the TOM. I'm drinking tons of water, eating 100% OP. I've felt a little hungry yesterday and today, which I didn't my first week at all. I want to keep pushing on and want this to work. Just don't like how my stomach is feeling right now. Any thoughts or tips?
Are you taking your magnesium? Both that and the daily oil allottment are going to be essential for you. Make sure you're eating your salads too. And make sure you put the oil on/in your food...don't just cook with it. A lot of it actually stays in the pan. I use cooking spray for cooking and put the oil right on/in my food.

One thing to remember about your regularity is that we will have less bulk simply because we're eating less bulk. So unless you truly feel constipated, don't worry about being constipated.

IP will disrupt even the most regular TOM so lord knows what it might be doing to yours!

Now, about your stomach.
Some people react to the soy and have to curtail it. Others react to too much artificial sweetener and have to curtail that. My guess, since you say it is your "stomach" is that it is one of those two things.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #37

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

First- Happy birthday, Bellamack!

Jendilly, I have def. struggled with bloating and "C" throughout the past 4 months. My clinic just told me that they recommend Phillips caplets.

Sarita, what a wonderfully positive perspective on the IP journey.

Started maintenance: June 14, 2014
Old 01-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #38
Started IP 9-4-2013

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
And make sure you put the oil on/in your food...don't just cook with it. A lot of it actually stays in the pan. I use cooking spray for cooking and put the oil right on/in my food.
Didn't think about that! I cook with mine and think that's all I can have. I'll have to give this a go!

Yall, I don't know why but I have SUCH an appetite today! Driving me crazy! I've had about 4 cups of tea to fill my belly! It amazes me how some days I don't even want to bother with food and then the next I want to eat all the food!

Old 01-07-2014, 04:31 PM   #39

S/C/G: 204/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok my multi vitamins are out and the bottle went out in the recycling , so I did not even think to look at "stats" on the label to find one close from CVS or some place like that

What non-ip vits. are you using for those on ALts. or a combo ? I need some and will go out maybe Friday for some - right now it is too cold to go anywhere for anything LOL/
Check the alts thread There are lots of people who use alt supplements. I use a women's multi, then going to use prenatals after that. In addition to my IP calamags and potcals. bought extra last time I saw my coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Morning all! Brrr it's cold outside! had to go to bed early last night. I was craving a piece of candy last night so bad. All I wanted was one piece of a good dark chocolate . :/
It was making me crazy! So I went to bed and had crazy dreams all night.
You didn't dream about the chocolate did you? LOL! Good job staying strong! P.S. New pic is gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serlinr View Post
Everybody keep warm! Today is the second day the boys and I are home together. The school district where I teach is closed and so is DS kindergarten. A little cabin fever since we have not left the house since Saturday.

Last night as I'm eating my salad, I'm thinking to myself, this walden farm dressing really is delicious. As I'm cleaning the kitchen, I noticed a bottle of regular Thousand island dressing on the counter. Oops!!!!
Woops! Live and learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Thanks all for the info on the liquid aminos - I will look for them when I buy groceries this weekend.

I hope you all that are in the throws of this "artic vortex" get some relief soon. We were very cold yesterday here in Colorado, but will be 50 today. That's one thing about weather in the Denver area - we don't see extended periods of extremely cold weather.
I'm right down here in the springs, when I was leaving for work this AM I thought 25 felt wonderful compared to -7 yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstarkes View Post
Hey everyone. Today is my 6th day on IP and I have to say I feel great. I'll admit that the first few days I had very sore muscles but that has subsided. I'm down 7 lbs already and feeling amazing but I'm also mentally preparing myself for weeks where I don't lose as much. Wishing a successful journey to all!
Awesome! Great job on your first week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello and Happy BRRRRRRRRRthday to me! I am well into ketosis and my appetite is diminshed, yeah! WI is friday for me, thank heavens I can stay inside today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppy1974 View Post
fishnchik, I was on IP YEARS ago but the price of the meals were too much for me to continue. Now, I've found alternatives but following the phase sheets exactly, just using proti diet products. I don't have a coach, I use everyone's posts here to keep me going. they are all supportive and will answer any questions since they are veterens with IP.

Jendilly, As far as the constipation and the bloated feeling, I know when I went to a vegitarian way of eating, the extra veggies will give you gas and a bloating feeling. Maybe take some gasX, which seemed to help me. Constipation was also an issue for me when I started IP, I broke down one night and ate a hand full of mixed nuts, next day, I was all better. If anyone knows a better way, I'd like to here it but most fiber drinks to help with that contain WAY more carbs than a hand full of nuts do.
I have been suffering with a sweet cravings. It's been bad and drives me crazy at times. I pace the kitchen and finally just grab water and sit down or go to bed. Today didn't help, there were breakfast muffins in the breakroom. It was killing me but then I thought, "hey! You're not hungry and you're doing SO great, you don't want the guilt of a breakfast muffin, later." So I left the breakroom and walked. This morning I worked out on my bowflex for 30 minutes and did the treadmill for 10minutes before going to work. Now that's a powerful feeling!
Keep it up and stay strong!
Great job! Somedays I look back and am amazed I have been 100% OP. I have sometimes craved so bad I felt like cheated lol. Last night I brushed my teeth early, and that helped a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Thanks for this reality check, Lisa. I will admit that I have been a little bit more lax with myself through the holidays and, while I haven't gained anything back, I have felt less like myself. These are good reminders for me.

Happy to see so many new faces in here - Day 6, for me, seems so long ago, and I miss the journey that was P1. P4, don't get me wrong, is great though So, as you begin your journey(s), enjoy. Take this challenge head on and enjoy. Enjoy learning to love veggies, enjoy watching your body change, enjoy the strength and resolve that you get each day by being true to yourself and your goal.

You can most definitely do this.
Sarita you are so wonderful I'm so glad you didn't stop posting once you hit maintenance. Thank you for the encouragement!

Well I am working like a dog today folks, very busy at the station. I just had my chocospinach lunch smoothie and now I'd better get back to work. Happy to see you all succeeding and hope you have a wonderul day!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #40

S/C/G: 233/233/130

2c of zuchinni noodles and a IP Leek soup= too much to eat, I got so full from that today good lord!

I am setting a mini goal for myself I need or want to lose 15lbs by Feb 5th. Do you think this is realistic or just a long shot?

Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"

Last edited by sarahBell : 01-07-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #41
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Are you taking your magnesium? Both that and the daily oil allottment are going to be essential for you. Make sure you're eating your salads too. And make sure you put the oil on/in your food...don't just cook with it. A lot of it actually stays in the pan. I use cooking spray for cooking and put the oil right on/in my food.

One thing to remember about your regularity is that we will have less bulk simply because we're eating less bulk. So unless you truly feel constipated, don't worry about being constipated.

IP will disrupt even the most regular TOM so lord knows what it might be doing to yours!

Now, about your stomach.
Some people react to the soy and have to curtail it. Others react to too much artificial sweetener and have to curtail that. My guess, since you say it is your "stomach" is that it is one of those two things.
Thank you, Lisa. I appreciate the advice. I haven't been adding the oil to my food, just cooking with it, so I'll make that switch. My coach said that I could take just two Cal/Mag (not sure why...she said 2-4 and 2 was fine) so that's what I was taking until the legs started hurting so then I went up to the 4. I dropped back down to 2 when my legs were fine...but I'll go back up to 4 of those, too...and stay there. My tummy is just making these weird "gurgling" noises and is definitely more bloated and gassy. Ugh...just don't like feeling off like this. I was expecting to be down more, too. Feel all stopped up. I try what you suggest and also talk to my coach on Thursday.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #42

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Happy Birthday Bellamack!

Do something nice for you...It's going to be a wonderful year!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #43

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Feeling really proud at WI today - donated 2lbs of my fat this week. This week included New Year's eve and day, and my birthday! Feeling motivated! This is costing me a small fortune but I believe in the protein and in Ideal Protein (OP). I have tried so many other programs and diets, and now with two little ones in the house, the structure (and cost) is working for me. I started IP on October 30, 2013 and to date have lost 30lbs.

I am consciously becoming a healthier & slimmer version me! (I own a scooter!)
I mindfully eat to fuel my body.
w1: 9.4lbs ,w2: 3.2 lbs, w3:3.0 lbs., w4: 1.4lbs w5: 4.8 lbs w6: 2.4 lbs, w7: 2.8 lbs w8: Christmas gain 1.8 w9: 2.00 lbs W10(tom): 2.00 lbs w11: 3.00 lbs w12: gained 3lbs over mexician vac w13: no weigh in. w14: lost 3lbs w15: [b]lost 1lb/B] w16:lost 4.00 w17: lost1.7lbs w18: lost 3.00lbs w19:lost .4lbs W20:gained 2lbs w21: lost 3lbs.

Last edited by dlr9774 : 01-07-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #44
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Check the alts thread There are lots of people who use alt supplements. I use a women's multi, then going to use prenatals after that. In addition to my IP calamags and potcals. bought extra last time I saw my coach.

You didn't dream about the chocolate did you? LOL! Good job staying strong! P.S. New pic is gorgeous!

!
Thank goodness no! I didn't dream about chocolate, just wacky dreams about work! Thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #45

S/C/G: 204/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello and Happy BRRRRRRRRRthday to me! I am well into ketosis and my appetite is diminshed, yeah! WI is friday for me, thank heavens I can stay inside today
Oh yes forgot to tell you - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.