3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/4 - Sun 1/5/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291230-ip-weekend-chat-sat-1-4-sun-1-5-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 01-04-2014 04:02 AM

IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/4 - Sun 1/5/2014

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Annik 01-04-2014 05:40 AM

RN4babies asked about ketostix and whether they work. Here is some more information:

Ketosis

ems70508 01-04-2014 06:18 AM

morning ya'll. can't sleep, so sad! I'm about to just get up and get my coffee but secretly hope i'll fall back asleep. I'm excited to dive into a new book I grabbed yesterday on the sale rack at Barnes and Noble. It's called A Course In Weightloss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight forever. I hope it's a good read, looked interesting! Here's a link to in on B&N.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cour...=9781401921538

I'm headed to the farmers market this AM to pick up a few things and tonight Lafayette kicks off the Mardi Gras season with our first Mardi Gras Ball! The Krewe of Carnivale en Rio. My uncle is king so it's quite a big event! Hope ya'll have a great day!

Ruth Ann 01-04-2014 06:34 AM

Good morning and welcome back Lisa.

Ems that sounds like so much fun tonight! I'm also hoping I fall back to sleep but I'm not sure that's happening. I promised myself I wouldn't turn on the coffee pot until 4 am - wonder if I can hold out that long? I hate sleepless nights. But I can get a nap later.

kcdoe 01-04-2014 07:02 AM

Good morning everyone!! Don't know if you remember me. Started back on the program 3 days ago. Had to go off due to unexpected surgery!

EMS book sounds good let us know please always looking for brain food for healthy mind. You must have warmer weather there in Louisiana to go to market we have single digests here in MD :coolsnow: brrrr

Lisa thank you for all you do for everyone, hope all is well with you!!!!

My journey again begins :carrot::ebike:

coffeebean 01-04-2014 07:29 AM

Woke up in the middle of the night with cramps in my kegs. Immediately remembered I forgot to have my sea-salt yesterday, That won't happen again.

coffeebean 01-04-2014 07:30 AM

Should be legs not kegs.lol....

ems70508 01-04-2014 09:26 AM

morning again! i made it back to sleep! we have somewhat warmer weather. it's 37 this AM, which is FREEZING for me! I'll let yall know how the book is!

Hiker88 01-04-2014 09:53 AM

good morning, I've been awake since 4:30am but have been enjoying a lazy Saturday morning. Not in a mood to go out at -37 with the wind chill.

Hope you all have a good day!

drd1961 01-04-2014 09:57 AM

Got my swim in because I probably will not be able to get to the pool until Tuesday. Grocery shopping done, and then hair cut. Tonight a movie and out to dinner for my husband's birthday. Then hunker down for the snow storm and the below arctic temps!

vachinyc 01-04-2014 09:58 AM

Good morning all: brrr, it's cold out there.
Hope your return travel went ok Lisa.
Sorry you were up so early Ruth Ann and ems and Hiker. I have been a terrible sleeper most of my life - no fun! Hope you get in a nap. IP has helped my sleep I think.
Welcome back kcdoe - hope you are on the mend.
You've been productive already drd, that's impressive.

It is weigh in Saturday for me. Thankfully the clinic is across the street so not too terribly cold but brought out the puffy coat.

It's my 20th week on IP. This is a 2-week number for me and I'm happy to be down another 3.9 pounds. Also took measurements and down another 3.25 inches across chest/arm/waist/hips/thigh for a total inches lost of 35.25. Woo Hoo. Sizes aren't going down quite the way I'd like but certainly this is proof it works :) I have big belly issues - never have had much of a waist, even when I've been thinner. Ah well... I'm grateful for the losses, regardless. Still not sure what new 'goal weight' is but not sure I'm there yet.

I have a sinus infection and TOM is next week so fun fun fun...drinking lots and resting.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Stay warm!

IP POWER to all!

stephascope 01-04-2014 10:01 AM

Interesting how everyone slept poorly last night. I was wide awake at 2am! Been doing that all week :( Maybe a side effect of getting back into ketosis?

KareVT 01-04-2014 10:20 AM

Good AM Everyone :sunny:

Hoping it gets a little warmer out there 9 degrees (not including windchill) is not my idea of fun. I don't know how anyone goes to the mountain to ski or snowboard on a day like today, aiyee.

vachinyc - congrats on your loss this week, that's fantastic. way to go and keep up the good work; you're inspiring me to kick it into high gear.

My losses lately have been super slow but all good; so long as I'm OP I will continue to be a happy girl.

Trying to reboot my workouts at the gym but today all I feel like doing is lounging and meal planning. Oh, and maybe a movie.

Enjoy the day!

kkids 01-04-2014 10:41 AM

EMS - we were joking at school Thursday that if we were dropping to the upper 20's/Low 30's we should at least have a bit of snow for the kids...Friday morning at 10 a.m. it was still 32 degrees...I heard the weather man in Mobile tell us that we would drop to the low 20's next week...I already have friends saying they are ready for their flip flop spring days. We know that others in the US have this type of weather all winter, but south Alabama isn't used to being cold. :)

Today is a planning meals day (P4 for a month now). I gained 4 pounds over the holidays, but I was told I would gain 2 - 4 pounds once I started P4. Now that I've gained it, I'm ready to lose some more LOL.

Jenny38 01-04-2014 11:25 AM

Good morning ladies,

So many night owls last night. It feels like after many years my sleep is finally improving and the kids are coming less frequently into our room and fewer trips to the bathroom for me.

Lisa, sounds like you had a great trip over the holidays.

I'm back from the gym and happy to have the holiday food temptations gone. Got back on track and lost some inches at my last weigh in. Hoping to back to losing pounds this week.

Have a great weekend.

blondie739 01-04-2014 11:38 AM

Well week one complete as today is my official weigh in day. Down 8.2 pounds and am pretty stoked about it! It has definitely become easier now that everything has fallen into place. I am not hungry and only have the occasional craving when I'm cooking my husband and 4 kids dinner! It's a little lonely at meal time since I'm eating so differently but it's time to get all this baby weight gone for good.

PurpleMomster 01-04-2014 11:39 AM

Good Saturday morning everyone!

I'd like to say that it's good that the rest of the country, and parts of the US, are finally feeling what winter feels like for us here in Winnipeg but really, I don't wish this on anyone :) Hopefully this arctic weather will go away soon!

I'm off to hit some thrift stores today with my mom and sister. I not only need clothes for Mexico - 22 days and counting! - but I made a decision that I don't want to wear the clothes that are too big for me anymore so I need pretty much everything. I was still wearing 1x, size 16 and 18's and I am definitely pretty solid in a 14. So no more "saggy butt" for me :D My mom is buying lunch and because she knows about IP, told me I could pick where we go.

Have a great IP day everyone!
Jo

Slipfree 01-04-2014 12:15 PM

Blondie, Way to go! Fantastic WI. Glad that things are getting into a groove for you.

Purple monster, sounds like a really fun day. I got rid of my saggy butt over the holidays too, so nice to be able to find pants easily. Kudos to your mom for being supportive.

Good WI for me, 193.5. Clinic is allowing me to come in every three weeks for official WI and coaching.You have to re-up for 250.00 every 12 sessions, which I really did not want to do. Going every 3 weeks should take me closer to goal. I have lost 30.5 inches which is cool!

sarahBell 01-04-2014 12:30 PM

Good Saturday AM everyone!

I want to say thanks to all the dancing carrots and WTG for finally crossing into ONEderland!!! I am still there today LOL.

It is "balmy" now but the temps are going to drop like a lead weight and then it is stay in side and no go out unless we must for the next 3 - 4 days!!!

I dropped $230 in groceries yesterday. I should be set for a while I hope!

Bellamack 01-04-2014 12:44 PM

BBBBrrrrrrrrrr in Upstate NY too. Hubby drove niece to Boston yesterday and then drove to Buffalo today, so glad I didn't have to go. I am hibernating. lol Still going into ketosis, should be all the way by monday :) Keep warm, stay OP :)

tallgirl231 01-04-2014 12:45 PM

Day 3 for me and finally the headache from my reboot is gone. I know that I need to check in here every single day, several times a day to keep on track. You lovely peeps keep me on track. Not looking forward to the crazy weather that is going to hit Chicago this weekend. The grocery store was a zoo this morning. Have a good day everyone.

jendilly 01-04-2014 01:07 PM

Good Morning everyone! It's a sunny day in the NW. I'm going out to lunch with my daughter, a friend of hers from college and her mom. It'll be my first time eating out since starting IP 10 days ago and I am super nervous. We are going to Anthony's (seafood) so hoping it'll be easy to get a piece of fish and veggies. My oldest is heading back to school tomorrow night, so we'll be having some of her favorite foods that she doesn't get on campus...seafood is her favorite. My family is being really supportive and they get that mom can't have certain things and are being great about trying lots of new things with me. Since I'm eating out at lunch, it'll be packet for me tonight, so they can have something I can't have tonight and then we'll do healthy tomorrow. I think eventually getting them to all eat more like me will be better for everyone, but they are still young and growing and don't have weight issues AT ALL, if anything, my son needs to gain. He's a growing 14 year old boy, thin and very active in sports.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

nolasmurf 01-04-2014 01:22 PM

Jen Seafood has been a godsend to me. It breaks up all the chicken I eat! LOL Grilled shrimp is a treat! I like to sauté them in a frying pan with a little EVOO and some peppers or even toss them on a salad with some WF dressing.

A few weeks ago I stir fried them in the WF Asian dressing with garlic, tri colored peppers and added onions at the very end. Great meal.

rdexter 01-04-2014 02:04 PM

I'm working through day 4 and am not having a hard time on the plan yet. I've been lucky to be home for the first 5 days of the plan so I'm very happy about that. It's learning a whole new system but so far so good :). Reading everyone's posts is very helpful!!

Annik 01-04-2014 02:11 PM

Rdexter... The best advice I got early on was:

-stick faithfully to the protocol
-make friends with 3 fat chicks!

You are on your way! :)

finale 01-04-2014 02:19 PM

I am so excited for everyone on this site. Welcome to the newcomers that are just starting IP. I know that it is a struggle in the beginning but wow it gets to be so easy and you will feel amazing. The compliments you will get will make it seem like the best thing you have ever done for yourself.
I know talking from experience when I go out to eat now I just choose salad and steamed veggies and a steak or chicken. I love eating salad at a restaraunt and bringing my WF dressings with me in my purse. I don't go anywhere without them. I even leave them in my car but now that it's below zero they are freezing so I need to bring them in now.
I'm meeting friends to watch football this afternoon at Ground Round and I just ask for a plate of celerey and have my WF Ranch with and it is so nice to be able to hang with friends.....
Enjoy and see what a change will be made in your life and confidence when you have IP by your side......

sekc14 01-04-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4910626)
... I'm excited to dive into a new book I grabbed yesterday on the sale rack at Barnes and Noble. It's called A Course In Weightloss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight forever. I hope it's a good read, looked interesting! Here's a link to in on B&N.http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cour...=9781401921538

I've studied A Course In Miracles (ACIM) for several years. I've read several Marianne Williamson books and listened to her audibles. Here's my two cents. Don't be discouraged if the concepts in the books are difficult. For one reason, ACIM is heavy and most people need a study group to understand. Also, as with many books on spirituality which serve to "re-package" spiritual concepts from the bible or in this case, ACIM, Marianne attempts to present the ideas in simpler or more modern terms than the original source. But, IMO, she doesn't always make it easier or more interesting.... She is accused of churning out books and looking toward weight loss and new age spirituality for marketing angles.

There is another book where the author describes addiction as everything we do without including God in our thoughts. The author describes addiction as the gateway to spirituality and explains that our addictions drive us to find our spirituality. My point is that any book, idea, or activity that brings you to discover your spirituality is great. On the other hand, if it doesn't move you spiritually just let it go and find another angle/perspective.

Whereas, I enjoy ACIM and the spiritual concepts Marianne and others write about, they don't agree with everyone and therefore may not serve their needs in the way of weight loss. If you read the B&N reviews of her book, about half the comments are from people who found no connection to this form of spirituality and/or form of emotional connection to food.

My one criticism of Marianne is that she assumes her audience should get on board with ACIM concepts to lose weight and keep it off. We all know that is not the case.

Annik 01-04-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finale (Post 4910993)
I am so excited for everyone on this site. Welcome to the newcomers that are just starting IP. I know that it is a struggle in the beginning but wow it gets to be so easy and you will feel amazing. The compliments you will get will make it seem like the best thing you have ever done for yourself.
I know talking from experience when I go out to eat now I just choose salad and steamed veggies and a steak or chicken. I love eating salad at a restaraunt and bringing my WF dressings with me in my purse. I don't go anywhere without them. I even leave them in my car but now that it's below zero they are freezing so I need to bring them in now.
I'm meeting friends to watch football this afternoon at Ground Round and I just ask for a plate of celerey and have my WF Ranch with and it is so nice to be able to hang with friends.....
Enjoy and see what a change will be made in your life and confidence when you have IP by your side......

It sure does get easier! So happy and grateful and relieved that I found this programme. It has been my liberation!

nolasmurf 01-04-2014 03:11 PM

Warning Rant
a customer just brought one of my coworkers a rum cake. Fine I'm good with that I can avoid it. Not a big fan of the rum cakes but this WITCH with a B keeps going on and on about how delicious it is and don't I want to break the rules and have a piece??? GRRRR NO I don't want a piece, SHUT UP!

okay i'm done. Thank you for reading :x

Annik 01-04-2014 04:34 PM

saboteurs are not nice....grrrr'ing for you!

Hiker88 01-04-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4911016)
Warning Rant
a customer just brought one of my coworkers a rum cake. Fine I'm good with that I can avoid it. Not a big fan of the rum cakes but this WITCH with a B keeps going on and on about how delicious it is and don't I want to break the rules and have a piece??? GRRRR NO I don't want a piece, SHUT UP!

okay i'm done. Thank you for reading :x

LOL! There's always one in every crowd!! Just think of how much it probably bugs her that you stick to your guns!!

jmuroff1 01-04-2014 04:56 PM

So I started on the second :D don't know how much I weigh yet since I am waiting until the 9th to weigh myself. But just wanted to come here and say good job everyone!!! We can do this!!! We are gonna be so hot for summer :D:hug:

Sonyasbug 01-04-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 4910897)
Blondie, Way to go! Fantastic WI. Glad that things are getting into a groove for you.

Purple monster, sounds like a really fun day. I got rid of my saggy butt over the holidays too, so nice to be able to find pants easily. Kudos to your mom for being supportive.

Good WI for me, 193.5. Clinic is allowing me to come in every three weeks for official WI and coaching.You have to re-up for 250.00 every 12 sessions, which I really did not want to do. Going every 3 weeks should take me closer to goal. I have lost 30.5 inches which is cool!

Where is your center? That seems a bit crazy.

SarahJ86 01-04-2014 06:04 PM

I love this site. Everyone is so supportive of each other. This is day five for me. I am still having a hard time with being hungry. I can avoid carbs and don't have a problem with temptation. But I still seem to be hungry and lethargic and kind of grumpy sigh. I am good to go for a couple hours after I eat my meals. But they do not last until my next meal. I do not know whether I have hit ketosis yet or not because I still feel hungry and have such low energy. I am drinking all my water and more and getting all of my vitamins. Is the oil really necessary? That's the only thing that I have been kind of skipping occasionally because I don't know how to get that all in. I guess we will see after the weekend if I still feel like this. Ugh. Everyone says it gets better bit it really hasn't. Sigh.

Slipfree 01-04-2014 06:41 PM

SarahJ86, it took me a full two weeks for it to get better, but it is totally worth it!

The oil is necessary. How about sautéing your veggies in it? Or making a homemade salad dressing?

Spacing the timing of your food will help the hunger. Are you splitting up your protein or eating it at one time? During the week, I have a boiled egg (2 oz. of protein) and a cup of celery at lunch,then 6 oz. of protein at dinner. Still hungry,
you can have pickles or a cup of herbal tea. Even in ketosis, I have some weeks when I am more hungry than others. Not sure why.

Hope this helps :)

sarahBell 01-04-2014 06:51 PM

Tonights Dinner!!

Ok since I bought the whole grocery store I made the following recipes from the Andover Clinic recipe files!

http://andoverdietcenter.com/grilled...cilantro-pesto

and this dressing for the salad and to dip my chicken into:

http://andoverdietcenter.com/roasted-garlic-dressing

I did add 1 packet of splenda to it just because the mustard was wee bit over powering! This dressing is light too, I did add abt 1 tbs of lime juice to the egg white to help "cook it"

I made a beautiful salad with it and 1/2 c of sauté zucchini . It was not too heavy, but enough to make me fill full!!

jendilly 01-04-2014 07:31 PM

So lunch out was a bit rough. The company was great. The waiter...not so much. Didn't seem happy to substitute or help me out at all. I ordered an alder plank salmon and asked for no butter or sauce. Fine, no problem. I asked what it came with and he told me garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. I asked him if there were any other choices for vegetables to have and he said no, that they call them "seasonal choices" and that was it. Grr...he didn't seem willing to offer anything else, so I just took it as is. My plate came and the salmon portion was small and I had maybe 1/2 cup of green beans (which I know we aren't really supposed to have). I didn't touch the potatoes and just ate my meal, drank a ton of water, and enjoyed the conversations. I had forgotten my WF salad dressing packet at home, so a salad wasn't an option.

Oh well...chalk it up to a learning experience. I wasn't hungry afterwards, so will just have LOTS of veggies tonight with a little bit of protein. This was my first attempt at eating out on IP and feel like it was a so-so experience. I'm sure it'll be better the next time I try. I just won't be going to Anthony's (which is normally one of our favorites) while on phase 1.

IdealProteinNewbie 01-04-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendilly (Post 4911155)
So lunch out was a bit rough. The company was great. The waiter...not so much. Didn't seem happy to substitute or help me out at all. I ordered an alder plank salmon and asked for no butter or sauce. Fine, no problem. I asked what it came with and he told me garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. I asked him if there were any other choices for vegetables to have and he said no, that they call them "seasonal choices" and that was it. Grr...he didn't seem willing to offer anything else, so I just took it as is. My plate came and the salmon portion was small and I had maybe 1/2 cup of green beans (which I know we aren't really supposed to have). I didn't touch the potatoes and just ate my meal, drank a ton of water, and enjoyed the conversations. I had forgotten my WF salad dressing packet at home, so a salad wasn't an option.

Oh well...chalk it up to a learning experience. I wasn't hungry afterwards, so will just have LOTS of veggies tonight with a little bit of protein. This was my first attempt at eating out on IP and feel like it was a so-so experience. I'm sure it'll be better the next time I try. I just won't be going to Anthony's (which is normally one of our favorites) while on phase 1.

Bummer, I hate when waiters aren't accommodating.

On the other hand, way to go at staying strong, you did awesome! Just for the future, though, oil, a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper make a pretty good salad dressing. Keep it up!

Also, don't know where you are, but I've found Outback to be the most helpful/easiest restaurant to eat at while on IP.

jendilly 01-04-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4911161)
Bummer, I hate when waiters aren't accommodating.

On the other hand, way to go at staying strong, you did awesome! Just for the future, though, oil, a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper make a pretty good salad dressing. Keep it up!

Also, don't know where you are, but I've found Outback to be the most helpful/easiest restaurant to eat at while on IP.

Thanks...I tried! Honestly, I didn't want a salad. I feel like I've had my fill lately! We were trying to pick a place on the waterfront to be central between the two families meeting. (We are in Washington). The girls had originally wanted sushi, but then I gave them 4 choices of places that I knew I could find something to eat. I even looked at the menus online and made sure. Then they chose this one (because my daughter LOVES seafood, especially steamed clams...which is odd because I craved them like crazy when I was pregnant with her). Anyway, I figured I could get fish and steamed veggies and be find. Oh well. I am glad I stayed on plan! There are TONS of things there that I've had before that are wonderful...and far from plan!

JLUS 01-04-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendilly (Post 4911155)

I tend to look at all the entrees and specials to see what veggies are listed with dishes other than what I am ordering and then request "no potatoes, double vegetables." and tell them which ones I want. Most are accommodating to me picking among available ones, though once or twice I had a $1 up charge.

Also, green beans are occasional veggies (2x per week) so you are fine with what you did! For dressing if you forget yours, ask for olive oil (most restaurants have) and cider vinegar (harder to get as most have red wine vinegar) SO you can use lemon instead of vinegar and then salt and pepper.

Don't be shy to tell them what you need!