Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all. Well into ketosis on day 7. Official WI is Tuesday but hopped on this morning. Down 4.4. I will take it. Way less puffy. I know it's only 4.4 but the body feels different. I'm guessing some inches went away too. Goal is to be comfy in old jeans for a big trip later in year.

Love the image of parachute coat. My coat is fine but the ski pants have the opposite problem. Tried to go skiing with family before restart and there was NO WAY that zipper was going to budge. Sigh. Mini goal is back in them before end of season.

Yummy breakfast of premier shake "faux latte" with coffee.. Big cuppa tea and water.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Jendilly,
I have learned this from being on IP since 2010 that most restaurants wants you to be happy while dining in their restaurant. If I do not see anything on the menu that I can eat I would say to the server, this is what I would like can you do this. Plain chicken breast nothing on it, steamed vegetables no butter, most restaurants put butter on steamed vegetables, plain salad no cheese or croutons. 90% of the time they can accommodate my order. When ordering a steak tell them no butter a lot of restaurants put butter on steaks.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Jendilly,
I have learned this from being on IP since 2010 that most restaurants wants you to be happy while dining in their restaurant. If I do not see anything on the menu that I can eat I would say to the server, this is what I would like can you do this. Plain chicken breast nothing on it, steamed vegetables no butter, most restaurants put butter on steamed vegetables, plain salad no cheese or croutons. 90% of the time they can accommodate my order. When ordering a steak tell them no butter a lot of restaurants put butter on steaks.
I agree...the places that can not or will not...are places it is best to avoid. The food is probably frozen, and "pre-prepared" and is actually only reheated. That processing is what life after IP should NOT include. Reinvent yourself...and read my previous post (in the restart reboot thread today) about being the picky person.....!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-05-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #64  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Love hearing the stories of how everyone is making out on their first few days - it is tough but hang in there, it's worth it! I kept a bag of shredded lettuce at work with me for those "I'm starving" moments the first few weeks, along with a big bottle of water.

Thrift store shopping yesterday was very successful - for work, I got 2 pairs of pants, 2 skirts and a couple of sweaters and for Mexico, I got 2 pairs of shorts, 4 t-shirts and 3 sleeveless tops. All size 13/14 or large - yay!!! And all for $78 - double yay!!! I still need to get bathing suits - I'm actually looking forward to that - but I feel better having some clothes now. My mom went through her closet and gave me some of her clothes - she's always been smaller than my sister and I - so I was pleasantly surprised when this gorgeous red leather jacket she gave me fit! I actually called her to make sure she meant to give it to me

We went to a restaurant in the mall for lunch and I had an Asian chicken salad - grilled chicken with an Asian coleslaw, no carrots, no dressing and no wonton noodles. It was yummy! My sister got herself a suitcase and a few t-shirts and things too. It's starting to feel a little more real that we're leaving in 3 weeks.

Well, I have to venture out to pick up some groceries for the week - don't really want to since it's so cold out there but sometimes you just have to.

Jo
Old 01-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Day IPeeps. Going out to lunch today at Applebees, looks like I can definitely stay on plan. Haven't been out much because of super cold and snow and I just had knee surgery 4 1/2 weeks ago & so do not want to slip and fall. It will be good to get out and about. Check in later
Old 01-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #66  

Height: 5'2

What is it that everyone keeps eating at Applebees? Getting a little sick of The Keg!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdexter View Post
I just finished day 4, starting day 5 of IP and my WI shows I'm down 5 lbs! Yeah, this makes me very happy. I haven't been this heavy for 20 years and I'm sad I let myself get this out of control before doing something about it.
I do think there's a period of grief involved with our weight past. I definitely felt it, acknowledged it and let it go. That is the past, and to keep moving the scales down,I have chosen to put the burden of self recrimination down. We are doing the best we can for ourselves by choosing to change our lives now You are 5 pounds closer to your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Morning! Last night's ball was a blast. I tell ya, going into something like Mardi Gras and not drinking, really opens your eyes to how much alcohol is being consumed by everyone else! Really wish I could have had a glass of wine but we all know that leads to 2...then 3! So I stayed away. I got to wear a goal dress that I had posted on here weeks ago, so that was a great feeling and reminder for me during the night. Got tons of compliments but like I said a few days ago, I'd rather not get them. It makes me feel awkward.
Ems- way to stick to program and rock your goal dress! Must have made you proud. The compliment thing will fade when everyone gets use to the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Hi all,

As always it's motivating to hear everyone plugging away and staying on track.

I crashed and burned over the last week or so and have gained back some of the weight I'd lost. It was actually a big wake up call for me - I thought I'd navigate the holidays with no problem because I'd been so committed to IP since August. Unfortunately I allowed myself to get way too lax and have been having a really hard time getting back into the routine. I realized how easy it was to go back to some really unhealthy eating behaviors I've struggled with for a long time.
My work schedule gets back to normal this week, so that will hopefully help me to get my schedule of meals and everything back to how it was before the holidays so I can refocus. The only way this works for me is being 100%, so that is what I need to do.
I have been using all alternatives and not going to a coach for the last month or so, and I think not having the accountability of having someone weigh me in each week let me get too comfortable with slipping. I am weighing myself every week and have changed my ticker to reflect the gain to be accountable for that. I will also keep checking in here to keep my focus and motivation where it needs to be so can start moving forward and downward on the scale. Thanks all for hearing me out!
Lighthouse, I think that how we react to the bumps in our IP journey are lessons for our future relationship with food. I too, am a 100% kind of person! but sometimes blips are going to happen and we just need to recommit to our personal goals. It takes time to change our relationship with food, guess that's why I feel no rush to get off of phase 1. Just focus on all the things that you have been doing right since August and how much you like the changes in your body. You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Thrift store shopping yesterday was very successful - for work, I got 2 pairs of pants, 2 skirts and a couple of sweaters and for Mexico, I got 2 pairs of shorts, 4 t-shirts and 3 sleeveless tops. All size 13/14 or large - yay!!! And all for $78 - double yay!!! I still need to get bathing suits - I'm actually looking forward to that - but I feel better having some clothes now. My mom went through her closet and gave me some of her clothes - she's always been smaller than my sister and I - so I was pleasantly surprised when this gorgeous red leather jacket she gave me fit! I actually called her to make sure she meant to give it Jo
Yay Jo, Glad it turned out to be a fun and successful day!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I went to the local grocery store(about 1 mile from my house) and yes, we are into a full blown blizzard. I think the town has given up on plowing right now, so hunkering down and watching football. Good news, I have shook the water weight from MIL's meal on New Years and saw a really good number on the scale this morning. Back to heading in the right direction.

Last edited by drd1961; 01-05-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Thanks Coloradogirl. Yeah I think I need to split my meals up just a little. I work early. Start at 630 or 700. So I drink my protein on the way. But I think mid morning snack should be some veggies. Seems so early for that but Ohwell. Yes I should be into ketosis by now. Day 6 today. I am down 8 lbs I just weighed myself. I am trying not to weigh myself everyday. I think my body is still adjusting. I drink about 10 cups of water a day or 80 oz. I think I should add in some tea to be more filling. Okay I did oil last night and will continue. Good idea about just sautéing the veggies every night.

Shashadee yes I need to add in some salads. And my clinic allows unlimited cucumbers. I will do small salads in between.

Thanks for everyone's help!!😊
Old 01-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone, doing a reboot. Was on maintenance for Christmas and glad to be back. Its day 3 and so far its good. Has anyone else gone through a reboot. I have another 40 to lose.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Purplemonster.I am going to leggings and sweaters!!!I was in Winnipeg for an extended Christmas and got home on Dec 28. I prided myself on being a true Winnipegger but this winter reminded me of walks to school in -25, 40 with windchill. My poor grandkids!!! Can't wait until Feb when we are off to the Carribean.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Ok made the switch from RTD shakes to the powder yesterday.... YUCK! So far I am not a fan. I did it because it was cheaper but may switch back if I have this much trouble getting it down. My husband added some ice coffee to our shakes this morning which helped a little but sigh, I feel like I was more Excited about meals with the RTD ones. Oh well, all about experimenting, right?
Old 01-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

swimcoachmomma - enjoyed your post. Thank you for sharing.
stephascope - At Applebee's I enjoy the lime chicken and don't eat the rice (I don't care for it anyways) They also now have meals of shrimp/steak/chicken dishes with calories of 550.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

It's my birthday, my birthday my birthday - and I am blessed with my health and family!

With a weight loss of 30lbs (and determination to lose more) I know 2014 will be a great year. I do know it is best to stick to IP 100%- it is a plan that works and cuts the craving. Cheating and extra's make it harder for yourself.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #75  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
It's my birthday, my birthday my birthday - and I am blessed with my health and family!

With a weight loss of 30lbs (and determination to lose more) I know 2014 will be a great year. I do know it is best to stick to IP 100%- it is a plan that works and cuts the craving. Cheating and extra's make it harder for yourself.
Happy Birthday!! Here's to a happy and healthy year filled with lots of blessings!!
Closed Thread