3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/4 - Sun 1/5/2014

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #91
Reboot 12/30/2013
 
Diana B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kent, Washington
Posts: 289

S/C/G: 241/229.4/165/

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Thanks...I tried! Honestly, I didn't want a salad. I feel like I've had my fill lately! We were trying to pick a place on the waterfront to be central between the two families meeting. (We are in Washington). The girls had originally wanted sushi, but then I gave them 4 choices of places that I knew I could find something to eat. I even looked at the menus online and made sure. Then they chose this one (because my daughter LOVES seafood, especially steamed clams...which is odd because I craved them like crazy when I was pregnant with her). Anyway, I figured I could get fish and steamed veggies and be find. Oh well. I am glad I stayed on plan! There are TONS of things there that I've had before that are wonderful...and far from plan!
Too bad about the unaccommodating waiter....if that was Anthony's Home Port, with the prices they charge, they should be way more accommodating good for you sticking to your plan
__________________
Diana B is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #92
Member
 
bythesea52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 50

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
i need some
Sending and a
bythesea52 is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:10 PM   #93
Member
 
mrsdavis55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So. California
Posts: 30

S/C/G: Highest 235/196/155

Height: 5"10

Default

Hello all,
I am starting IP for the second time tomorrow, January 6, 2014.
I completed the program 2 years who, and lost weight. I maintained it all until the last 6 months or so. Problems at home, new job stress, etc. caused me to eat emotionally (fast food, late nights, and sweets!) I didn't realize it until about 2 weeks ago. Clothes that fit me a month ago are no longer fitting. I'm disgusted that I let this happen.
I have been preparing myself and my household for is IP Part II and I am ready! This blog helped me last time with motivational speakers as well as ideas for revamping my veggies. Looking forward to the journey again!
__________________
Weigh-In
W1: -10 W2: -3

Started IP Jan 2012 and lost 30 lbs in 3 months.
Re-start with alternatives Jan 2014
mrsdavis55 is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #94
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Shoreline, WA
Posts: 44

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Default

Thanks Lisa, don't know why I didn't think of that! My husband is currently going through the day 2 hunger, has no idea how he's going to make it. I told him it really does pass but I don't think he believes me. Are men suppose to be on a different regimen? I thought I saw somewhere that men get an extra packet or protein a day.
blondie739 is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #95
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,794

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
Thanks Lisa, don't know why I didn't think of that! My husband is currently going through the day 2 hunger, has no idea how he's going to make it. I told him it really does pass but I don't think he believes me. Are men suppose to be on a different regimen? I thought I saw somewhere that men get an extra packet or protein a day.
people just starting out are allowed an extra unrestricted packet.
Also, depending on weight, we are also allowed extra packet(s)
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
PurpleMomster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 377

S/C/G: 238/162.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
It's my birthday, my birthday my birthday - and I am blessed with my health and family!

With a weight loss of 30lbs (and determination to lose more) I know 2014 will be a great year. I do know it is best to stick to IP 100%- it is a plan that works and cuts the craving. Cheating and extra's make it harder for yourself.
Happy, happy birthday - hope it was a great one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
It is -31 C where I live right now...and the dogs still insisted on a walk!
Environment Canada forecast for tonight:
Dangerous wind chills of minus 45 to minus 50 persisting into Monday. Wind chills are expected to remain in the minus 40 to minus 45 range this through tonight into Monday ...
Yes and I have to figure out how to get my son home from school tomorrow in that. <sigh>

Jo
__________________
Back at P1 February 4, 2014!

PurpleMomster is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
Jenny38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Posts: 243

S/C/G: 282/166.5/170

Height: 5.6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
It's my birthday, my birthday my birthday - and I am blessed with my health and family!

With a weight loss of 30lbs (and determination to lose more) I know 2014 will be a great year. I do know it is best to stick to IP 100%- it is a plan that works and cuts the craving. Cheating and extra's make it harder for yourself.
Happy birthday! 2014 will be a great year full of health and happiness.
__________________
Jenny38 is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 10:48 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
sarahbell
Thank you so much!! I am going to need more for the next few days I can tell

BTW you are smokin in that dress!! Too cute OMG! You look so happy in your picture! You smile speaks volume!
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #99
Started IP 12/26/13
 
jendilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 256

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
Too bad about the unaccommodating waiter....if that was Anthony's Home Port, with the prices they charge, they should be way more accommodating good for you sticking to your plan

It was Anthony's Home Port. Has always been one of my favorites and also a favorite of my daughters. Yes, it was $18 for a small piece of salmon and a few green beans. Lesson learned for sure!
jendilly is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #100
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Thank you so much!! I am going to need more for the next few days I can tell

BTW you are smokin in that dress!! Too cute OMG! You look so happy in your picture! You smile speaks volume!
__________________
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #101
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 59

S/C/G: 179/157/145

Height: 5'8

Default

The oil is absolutely necessary! Non negotiable. Your body needs the fat to survive (even though it is burning fat)
You can put it in a smoothie (if you're bending with veggies), add it to soup, make homemade salad dressing (EVOO, ACV, and herbs of choice). My lunches for MONTHS were an IP soup with veggie purée. I added oil to it.

Thank you! I sautéed some veggies for lunch cause I felt so horrible. I added a little more than it says and I feel soooo much better tonight omg. I actually feel normal. I really think that was my problem this week wow.
SarahJ86 is offline  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 AM   #102
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 46

S/C/G: 173/155/143

Height: 5'6

Default

Strike two on the caulimash. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if I just really hate it. This time I used my Blend-Tec, so I know it was mashed really well. It just has such a strong cabbagey-taste! I even put a tiny bit of turkey gravy on it (since everyone else was having mashed potatoes with their turkey). That helped a little, but I would have needed a lot of gravy to make them palatable. Granted, they had cooled a bit. Maybe they're better when super hot. I sure wish I liked them!
__________________
2much2do is offline  
Old 01-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #103
Member
 
Sashadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 69

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Happy Birthday, I too am a Capricorn ( January 7th).

Applebees, I had a 7 oz grilled steak (nothing added) and a double order of broccoli, steamed nothing added.
January 8th birthday here!! Go capricorns!

I fell off the wagon on Saturday at my friends baby shower and definitely felt it in my mood the next day. I've realized that carbs make me grouchy. but I'm back 100% today. I agree that cheating just makes it harder on myself.

I'm Going out to dinner for my birthday on Wednesday with some friends. We're going to a Vietnamese restaurant with a huge menu so Im going to stick with plain grilled fish and veggies. Or maybe the 'roll your own spring roll' plate. It comes with tons of veggies and steamed fish. I plan to bring my own WF sesame ginger dressing and I just won't use the spring roll wraps.

Happy Monday everyone!
__________________


Sashadee is offline  
Old 01-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #104
Member
 
Sashadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 69

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
The oil is absolutely necessary! Non negotiable. Your body needs the fat to survive (even though it is burning fat)
You can put it in a smoothie (if you're bending with veggies), add it to soup, make homemade salad dressing (EVOO, ACV, and herbs of choice). My lunches for MONTHS were an IP soup with veggie purée. I added oil to it.

Thank you! I sautéed some veggies for lunch cause I felt so horrible. I added a little more than it says and I feel soooo much better tonight omg. I actually feel normal. I really think that was my problem this week wow.
Hooray Sarah! I'm glad you're feeling better!
__________________


Sashadee is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2