IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/4 - Sun 1/5/2014

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Warning Rant
    a customer just brought one of my coworkers a rum cake. Fine I'm good with that I can avoid it. Not a big fan of the rum cakes but this WITCH with a B keeps going on and on about how delicious it is and don't I want to break the rules and have a piece??? GRRRR NO I don't want a piece, SHUT UP!

okay i'm done. Thank you for reading :x
    LOL! There's always one in every crowd!! Just think of how much it probably bugs her that you stick to your guns!!
  • So I started on the second don't know how much I weigh yet since I am waiting until the 9th to weigh myself. But just wanted to come here and say good job everyone!!! We can do this!!! We are gonna be so hot for summer
  • Quote: Blondie, Way to go! Fantastic WI. Glad that things are getting into a groove for you.

Purple monster, sounds like a really fun day. I got rid of my saggy butt over the holidays too, so nice to be able to find pants easily. Kudos to your mom for being supportive.

Good WI for me, 193.5. Clinic is allowing me to come in every three weeks for official WI and coaching.You have to re-up for 250.00 every 12 sessions, which I really did not want to do. Going every 3 weeks should take me closer to goal. I have lost 30.5 inches which is cool!
    Where is your center? That seems a bit crazy.
  • I love this site. Everyone is so supportive of each other. This is day five for me. I am still having a hard time with being hungry. I can avoid carbs and don't have a problem with temptation. But I still seem to be hungry and lethargic and kind of grumpy sigh. I am good to go for a couple hours after I eat my meals. But they do not last until my next meal. I do not know whether I have hit ketosis yet or not because I still feel hungry and have such low energy. I am drinking all my water and more and getting all of my vitamins. Is the oil really necessary? That's the only thing that I have been kind of skipping occasionally because I don't know how to get that all in. I guess we will see after the weekend if I still feel like this. Ugh. Everyone says it gets better bit it really hasn't. Sigh.
  • SarahJ86, it took me a full two weeks for it to get better, but it is totally worth it!

The oil is necessary. How about sautéing your veggies in it? Or making a homemade salad dressing?

Spacing the timing of your food will help the hunger. Are you splitting up your protein or eating it at one time? During the week, I have a boiled egg (2 oz. of protein) and a cup of celery at lunch,then 6 oz. of protein at dinner. Still hungry,
    you can have pickles or a cup of herbal tea. Even in ketosis, I have some weeks when I am more hungry than others. Not sure why.

Hope this helps
  • Tonights Dinner!!
    Ok since I bought the whole grocery store I made the following recipes from the Andover Clinic recipe files!

http://andoverdietcenter.com/grilled...cilantro-pesto

and this dressing for the salad and to dip my chicken into:

http://andoverdietcenter.com/roasted-garlic-dressing

I did add 1 packet of splenda to it just because the mustard was wee bit over powering! This dressing is light too, I did add abt 1 tbs of lime juice to the egg white to help "cook it"

I made a beautiful salad with it and 1/2 c of sauté zucchini . It was not too heavy, but enough to make me fill full!!
  • So lunch out was a bit rough. The company was great. The waiter...not so much. Didn't seem happy to substitute or help me out at all. I ordered an alder plank salmon and asked for no butter or sauce. Fine, no problem. I asked what it came with and he told me garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. I asked him if there were any other choices for vegetables to have and he said no, that they call them "seasonal choices" and that was it. Grr...he didn't seem willing to offer anything else, so I just took it as is. My plate came and the salmon portion was small and I had maybe 1/2 cup of green beans (which I know we aren't really supposed to have). I didn't touch the potatoes and just ate my meal, drank a ton of water, and enjoyed the conversations. I had forgotten my WF salad dressing packet at home, so a salad wasn't an option.

Oh well...chalk it up to a learning experience. I wasn't hungry afterwards, so will just have LOTS of veggies tonight with a little bit of protein. This was my first attempt at eating out on IP and feel like it was a so-so experience. I'm sure it'll be better the next time I try. I just won't be going to Anthony's (which is normally one of our favorites) while on phase 1.
  • Quote: So lunch out was a bit rough. The company was great. The waiter...not so much. Didn't seem happy to substitute or help me out at all. I ordered an alder plank salmon and asked for no butter or sauce. Fine, no problem. I asked what it came with and he told me garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. I asked him if there were any other choices for vegetables to have and he said no, that they call them "seasonal choices" and that was it. Grr...he didn't seem willing to offer anything else, so I just took it as is. My plate came and the salmon portion was small and I had maybe 1/2 cup of green beans (which I know we aren't really supposed to have). I didn't touch the potatoes and just ate my meal, drank a ton of water, and enjoyed the conversations. I had forgotten my WF salad dressing packet at home, so a salad wasn't an option.

Oh well...chalk it up to a learning experience. I wasn't hungry afterwards, so will just have LOTS of veggies tonight with a little bit of protein. This was my first attempt at eating out on IP and feel like it was a so-so experience. I'm sure it'll be better the next time I try. I just won't be going to Anthony's (which is normally one of our favorites) while on phase 1.
    Bummer, I hate when waiters aren't accommodating.

On the other hand, way to go at staying strong, you did awesome! Just for the future, though, oil, a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper make a pretty good salad dressing. Keep it up!

Also, don't know where you are, but I've found Outback to be the most helpful/easiest restaurant to eat at while on IP.
  • Quote: Bummer, I hate when waiters aren't accommodating.

On the other hand, way to go at staying strong, you did awesome! Just for the future, though, oil, a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper make a pretty good salad dressing. Keep it up!

Also, don't know where you are, but I've found Outback to be the most helpful/easiest restaurant to eat at while on IP.
    Thanks...I tried! Honestly, I didn't want a salad. I feel like I've had my fill lately! We were trying to pick a place on the waterfront to be central between the two families meeting. (We are in Washington). The girls had originally wanted sushi, but then I gave them 4 choices of places that I knew I could find something to eat. I even looked at the menus online and made sure. Then they chose this one (because my daughter LOVES seafood, especially steamed clams...which is odd because I craved them like crazy when I was pregnant with her). Anyway, I figured I could get fish and steamed veggies and be find. Oh well. I am glad I stayed on plan! There are TONS of things there that I've had before that are wonderful...and far from plan!
  • Quote: So lunch out was a bit rough. The company was great. The waiter...not so much. Didn't seem happy to substitute or help me out at all. I ordered an alder plank salmon and asked for no butter or sauce. Fine, no problem. I asked what it came with and he told me garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. I asked him if there were any other choices for vegetables to have and he said no, that they call them "seasonal choices" and that was it. Grr...he didn't seem willing to offer anything else, so I just took it as is. My plate came and the salmon portion was small and I had maybe 1/2 cup of green beans (which I know we aren't really supposed to have). I didn't touch the potatoes and just ate my meal, drank a ton of water, and enjoyed the conversations. I had forgotten my WF salad dressing packet at home, so a salad wasn't an option.

I tend to look at all the entrees and specials to see what veggies are listed with dishes other than what I am ordering and then request "no potatoes, double vegetables." and tell them which ones I want. Most are accommodating to me picking among available ones, though once or twice I had a $1 up charge.

Also, green beans are occasional veggies (2x per week) so you are fine with what you did! For dressing if you forget yours, ask for olive oil (most restaurants have) and cider vinegar (harder to get as most have red wine vinegar) SO you can use lemon instead of vinegar and then salt and pepper.

Don't be shy to tell them what you need!
  • Quote: Warning Rant
    a customer just brought one of my coworkers a rum cake. Fine I'm good with that I can avoid it. Not a big fan of the rum cakes but this WITCH with a B keeps going on and on about how delicious it is and don't I want to break the rules and have a piece??? GRRRR NO I don't want a piece, SHUT UP!

okay i'm done. Thank you for reading :x
    Want me to open a can of whoop for ya?!

ps. you and dd look like sisters!!
  • Quote: Bummer, I hate when waiters aren't accommodating.

Outback was one of THE only places to get Gluten Free meals when my first daughter was diagnosed with celiac. They train staff well.. And have had a gluten free menu for over a decade now. And ... if you order GF, sugar free and salt free... They don't bag an eye! We also found with my granddaughter who has peanut allergy they for the most part send a senior staff person to the table to go over it all.....
  • Quote: SarahJ86, it took me a full two weeks for it to get better, but it is totally worth it!

The oil is necessary. How about sautéing your veggies in it? Or making a homemade salad dressing?

Spacing the timing of your food will help the hunger. Are you splitting up your protein or eating it at one time? During the week, I have a boiled egg (2 oz. of protein) and a cup of celery at lunch,then 6 oz. of protein at dinner. Still hungry,
    you can have pickles or a cup of herbal tea. Even in ketosis, I have some weeks when I am more hungry than others. Not sure why.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. I have an IP packet for breakfast and lunch. My snack usually in the afternoon and 2 cups of veggies for lunch and dinner. I have been sometimes having an extra meal split up like the vanilla ready made drink will take sips throughout the day. Okay will work the oil in. That could be part of the problem. I have lost weight this week a lot in fact but feel like I am starving myself. A full two weeks sounds like a long time for it to get better. I hope it doesn't take that long sheesh! I guess all I can do is plug along. Thanks!
  • Quote: Thanks for your reply. I have an IP packet for breakfast and lunch. My snack usually in the afternoon and 2 cups of veggies for lunch and dinner. I have been sometimes having an extra meal split up like the vanilla ready made drink will take sips throughout the day. Okay will work the oil in. That could be part of the problem. I have lost weight this week a lot in fact but feel like I am starving myself. A full two weeks sounds like a long time for it to get better. I hope it doesn't take that long sheesh! I guess all I can do is plug along. Thanks!
    Some people get lucky and it is a short transition, but I was pretty hooked on soda before IP. My carb withdrawal was harsh, but IP success has been worth every minute. Try some protein during the day with your veggies. Just take it one day at a time. You can do it!
  • Quote: Want me to open a can of whoop for ya?!

ps. you and dd look like sisters!!
    lol I Handled her. I just calmly explained that I don't like Rum Cake and I didn't want to waste my time or the cake by trying it when I know I don't like them.

Thanks for the sweet comment about Katie, she is my sunshine!