Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Lucci...thank you! Congrats on your WI! That's great. I think I had a soup with celery root in it once and it was good. I need to start experimenting with more veggies on our permitted list. I just got an immersion blender for Christmas and I'm excited to make puréed veggie soups and get creative. If I create anything good I'll post the recipe.

Want2b...thank you! You are doing great and good job on getting some exercise. That is something I really need to work on as a permanent lifestyle change.

Slipfree...your soup sounds fabulous and I'm glad you're starting to feel better! Do you have a snow day tomorrow? Maybe you'll get another day to stay home and rest. I like the topic you brought up that we have to choose our own "hard." Having been on both ends of the spectrum, I am choosing the healthy/fit/maintenance route. Constantly making healthy choices is going to be a life long struggle, but I would much prefer it to being at the weight I was or higher. I can only see positives in taking care of myself. I felt very uncomfortable and conflicted all the time at my higher weight. I would stress out at the grocery store because I wanted to buy junk, but thought I should eat healthy. I'd end up going home with a mix of junk and healthy stuff and guess what I would eat first?! I definitely have my struggles with IP, but I feel much better and my life is simpler when I'm OP.

Jig, I feel your pain with the headaches and nausea. I cheated for just a few meals last week and then went back OP Friday. I felt awful all weekend. Finally my headache went away at some point today. Lots of water and excedrin knocked out the headache today. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hey Kooky,

Heading back to school tomorrow. No snow in sight here, just more cold air.

Surprisingly, emotionally-IP is easier and more simple for me too. I think because we are taking positive action in our lives.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:50 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 194/164/144

Height: 5'7"

My daughter and I have stayed OP and have traveled frequently since October. Granted, we had a kitchen available in the rental cabin over the holidays. All you need is a hotel microwave and a fridge, actually. We were fortunate to be able to go out to a restaurant every few days and had no problem finding IP compatible meals. Thai, Chinese and teriyaki restaurants have been good sources. Steakhouses, fish joints, anyplace that has non-fried entrees and veggies on the menu. Don't be afraid to ask to have something customized. Scrambled eggs for breakfast - you can get that anywhere. Just this weekend I stopped in Seattle to see a friend and we went to a Greenwood area pancake house for breakfast. I ordered a veggie skillet that had all-allowed veggies and was very delicious. When flying for vacation, we packed two days worth of IP products in our carry-ons, just in case. The rest of the products went into the checked luggage. If you get stuck, almost every city in the western world has an IP clinic where you can purchase products. You can find Walden Farms products in most cities, as well. Find a produce stand and a meat market and you're set. If you run out of product and just can't find any to purchase, just stick with a keto protocol using the IP plan (almost no carbs, few calories, high cruciferous veggies and 8-12 oz of lean protein a day) plus lots of water and your vitamins and you will have no trouble getting back on your feet when you return. I know myself well enough that I know a couple days back on unhealthy foods and I would have a rough time convincing myself to go back through Keto Flu again to restart. This is one very tall wagon I don't want to fall from.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 194/164/144

Try unsweetened Almond Milk in your coffee
Old 01-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #95  

Olyme, impressive strategies for staying OP while traveling! I didn't think Almond milk was allowed during Phase 1?

Well,went back to school today and taught all my classes. By the end, I was the color of paste-should have stayed home another day. So now, tomorrow-I am. At least by going in,I got the kids on track for accomplishing the assignment. Not too worried about spreading the ick, since 3 kids had the throw up bug yesterday and were in school today.

Would really like to feel back to my healthy self soon. Hope all of you had a great OP day!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Feeling really proud today - donated 2lbs of my fat this week. This week included New Year's eve and day, and my birthday! Feeling motivated! This is costing me a small fortune but I believe in the protein and in Ideal Protein (OP). I have tried so many other programs and diets, and now with two little ones in the house, the structure (and cost) is working for me. I started IP October 30, 2013(so really I just made the October newbies group - but I am so glad I did). To date have lost 30lbs. Which is great, but not close to what some of you have lost. Congratulations!

Last edited by dlr9774; 01-07-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slipfree, hope you feel better soon. What age do you teach? I am a playschool teacher.

dlr, another 2lbs is great, and 30lbs is even better. You should be VERY proud of yourself. You may not have lost as much as some of us but you started after everyone else as well. Give yourself another 3 weeks and then compare your stats to our stats right now. I too get discouraged by people losing more then me on this board then remember I started on Oct 16th and some of them have 16 more days of losing then me!!

Back to work for me today, my co-worker and I are very good friends and he has been gone for 3 weeks so it was great to see him and catch up! My legs are a little sore from my workout yesterday, but I am still going to get another workout in tomorrow, and I am curling tonight! Exercise is good right? LOL
Old 01-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #98  

Dlr9774, 30 pounds is awesome! IP does work. I completely agree. You are also right about the $$$. I tell myself that I am making an investment in me . With two little ones, you are investing in a long healthy future with them. Plus you are are going to be happier.

Want2b, I teach 7th grade Social Studies. I just woke up now, slept for 2.5 hours. My mom always says, Rest is best.

It's funny, while I celebrate every pound each Newbie loses, I never focus on other people's totals. If someone on the threads is 5'7 then I might look at their progress picture or how long it to took them to get to goal. We are all so different:height, age, frame and health issues. There are just too many variables to make accurate comparisons.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Default 3 months... (almost 4) where has the time gone

Hey there everyone.. this not having internet at work really stinks! I can't keep in touch with everyone during the day, so by the time I get kids off to bed I feel so out of the loop!

Had my WI today and donated another *6.8lbs* for a total of (HOLY CRAP) 72lbs in 14 weeks.. I am still in shock. The owner of our center was there today because it is a "seminar" day (where they show interested people about the protocol). She saw me and blinked a couple times and said Oh my gosh!!! they have pics of me from the day I started and I showed them one that I had from Christmas Day (my profile pic here) and Jane couldn't get over the difference. To be honest, neither could I.. I don't look like the same person. It was a huge moment for me that I acknowledged that the picture I took on Christmas day was the first picture I liked of myself in probably 15 years... which is sad, because I got married two years ago.. if only... Ahh well.. my hubby loves me for who I am not my gorgeous rock star body!

If I'm not as vocal as I previously was, please don't mistake that I'm not reading and following along, it's just been tough getting time in my schedule to post up here multiple times a day.

You ALL make this program do-able, and from someone who's in it for the long haul, I truly am appreciative of the support I get from every last one of you! Keep on keepin' on, I know which kind of hard I'm choosing!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow, Maddy, you are amazing!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #101  

Kawaii, 6.8 pounds! You are a rock star! I am glad that you are beginning to like your picture, such wonderful reinforcement of the healthy changes that you are making in your life. Maybe you can renew your vows and take new pictures?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Default Sweetness0915

Hey there Sweetness,

While I was at my WI today I asked my center if they would do purchase and shipping to someone who's center didn't carry a specific product. I met with the owners sister (she's also a coach), she said that if you email the owner (her name is Jane) at info(AT)weightnolongerllc.com, so long as you were willing to pay for shipping they *should* be able to help you get your garlic/herb chips!

Guess that goes for anyone else that's looking for something specific. They are a good center, and carry lots of options. The website is www.weightnolongerllc.com. That being said, I'm NOT trying to sell you on this specific center, so I'm hoping that this doesn't get flagged as solicitation.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:27 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Hey there Sweetness,

While I was at my WI today I asked my center if they would do purchase and shipping to someone who's center didn't carry a specific product. I met with the owners sister (she's also a coach), she said that if you email the owner (her name is Jane) at info(AT)weightnolongerllc.com, so long as you were willing to pay for shipping they *should* be able to help you get your garlic/herb chips!

Guess that goes for anyone else that's looking for something specific. They are a good center, and carry lots of options. The website is www.weightnolongerllc.com. That being said, I'm NOT trying to sell you on this specific center, so I'm hoping that this doesn't get flagged as solicitation.
Thank you so much Kawaii1002! I looked everywhere and couldn't find them
Old 01-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #104  

As I sit here in my jammies, (recovering from what I now assume is a flu) I am dreaming of summer. How to set up the furniture in the garden and what color to paint the new(used) table and chairs. With all of this really cold weather, I need the promise of spring and summer to lift my spirits. Just imagine, how great we are all going to look by summer!

Dlr, love your signature.

Kawaii, very thoughtful of you to check with Jane about the garlic chips.

Sweetness, hope the chips,work out our center is very reputable.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #105  

Hi,

Interesting info. about the nutritional make up of IP foods.

http://www.idealproteinstatecollege....formation.html
Closed Thread