Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Sounds good slipfree. I cant find the WF apple butter anywhere unless I get it online.

I have another question for everyone. (I must be on a roll!)

Are there any people out there NOT exercising at this point?

I have not done anything since I started in Oct. I think it is for 2 main reasons

1)I am lazy and hate any exercise including classes, weights, videos, walking, etc

2)I am afraid if I do workout I could gain weight back but I know it will be muscle

Anyone?
Old 01-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Lucci: I love netrition.com for WF products. Low prices and $4.95 flat rate shipping.

The WF apple butter is delicious melted over a pork tenderloin! Yum, my dinner tonight!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Oops, Jig! I forgot the egg. (One whole egg, so two. Ounces of protein.)
Old 01-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #379  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Oops, Jig! I forgot the egg. (One whole egg, so two. Ounces of protein.)
Haha thanks. I was wondering if it needed some sort of binder.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #380  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Sounds good slipfree. I cant find the WF apple butter anywhere unless I get it online.

I have another question for everyone. (I must be on a roll!)

Are there any people out there NOT exercising at this point?

I have not done anything since I started in Oct. I think it is for 2 main reasons

1)I am lazy and hate any exercise including classes, weights, videos, walking, etc

2)I am afraid if I do workout I could gain weight back but I know it will be muscle

Anyone?
I haven't been exercising. I'm too worried about it messing with my lean muscle mass, not getting enough calories etc. My coach says to avoid activity that will make you sweat. I'm pretty lazy too. I am beat after working my 2 jobs so exercise is last on my list of priorities.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

I *want* to exercise, but right now I don't have supporting muscles for the stuff I want to do (boxing, weight lifting, treadmill running). My doc said for now I have to do core muscle building.. I've not lost muscle mass, didn't have a lot of muscle to begin with. So for now, resistance bands, wall push ups, squats, planks and marching in place. These things will create muscle around the core so I can safely take on what I want to. Was also told I could start small amounts of biking.. I'm ok with that for cardio.. I'm weird.. I'm the exercise nut stuck in the fat kids body. I've started quite a few times, but always gotten injured.. So this time around, I'm working at a medically oriented gym.

Last edited by Kawaii1002; 01-29-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #382  

Oh, Slip, Jane from WNL said Spin Class is a wonderful form of exercise that is ok for IP.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Luccilove: I think if you want to exercise go for it. Start slow and see how it goes, but try to find something you like, or try something you have never done before, you might like it. I am also afraid I will gain the weight back, but I am more afraid of the saggy skin I may have then gaining some lbs back. And muscle takes up less room then fat and burns more calories!!

Kawaii: "I'm the exercise nut stuck in a fat kids body" totally cracked me up. At least you are going slow and getting into a routine of exercise so the habit will all ready be there when your body is ready. Good for you.

I have been spending some time one pinterest and looking up "weight loss motivation" or "fitness motivation". There are some really good quotes on there, keeps my mind focused on the task of losing, and keeps the motivation up. I also got in an extra walk tonight.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:27 AM   #384  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Had a weigh in today and only lost 1 pounds. Kind of down with the low losses, then I went OFF program. Very disappointed in myself.

Tomorrow is a new day, guess I just had to get this off my chest.

How do you all stay 100% OP? It seems to get harder with my slow losses.
Help!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:38 AM   #385  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Wine4me-Dont be disappointed. I think u did great. You LOST!!! That is what you are suppose to do.

Arent you close to your goal so you lose less or more slowly? Hang in there. I would love to be at your weight right now!

I think u are awesome!!!

You are at the home stretch....you can do it!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #386  

Wine4me: I too start to eat off plan and doubt that I can do this when my losses are small. I know I do this, so lately I have been trying to keep the motivation up by going to pinterest and searching "weight loss motivation" or "fitness motivation" there are tons of motivational quotes, exercises, pics to keep me on track. Don't beat yourself up over the slip, get right back OP and finish this, you are so close, single digits to goal. Amazing.

Yesterday I found a quote on pinterest that really stuck with me... Don't get mad at the results you didn't get, with the work you didn't do! I have this in my bathroom so I can see it every morning. I am close to the 180's and I want to see them next weigh in!!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #387  

DAY OFF!!! Yippeee!!I get to spend time with my IPeeps!
Wine: As you get closer to your goal weight, your losses get smaller and smaller and smaller. My hubby went through the same thing where he was like what the heck?? Only a pound?? but he's already done and phasing off..
Since you can't change the fact that you had a slip, pick yourself up, and just keep looking forward. You CAN do this. We're all here to support you, but ultimately, you need to tell yourself "Self, I'm not going to let you denigrate me and make me feel less than because I didn't live up to your idiotic perfectionistic extreme. I'm doing my best, and that's OK." (I tell myself this ALL the time).

Old 01-30-2014, 05:56 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I think that we all need to step back and take a look at where we are now. Think about where we were 4 months ago. We have given away a lot of pounds. I have thought, wow this month has been expensive without a lot of pounds gone. But what is the alternative? I would be heading right back to where I started. It can be frustrating, but I keep telling myself that I am doing the work, and the pounds lost pay off will follow- on my body's schedule, not mine.

My pledge for the new "me" is only to indulge in food(or wine) for joy, never for stresses. The scale not moving is definitely a stress. The only part of this scenario that I can control-is what I put in my mouth and how I use food in my life. Food is fuel.

Last edited by Slipfree; 01-30-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #389  

Slip, you are sooooo right! I look back to when I started and how I felt then. In 4 months I have changed so much, and not just my weight. It is amazing to me to see the changes in my body and my mind. I am half way to my goal, I am so excited to see what I will look like and feel like in the nexty couple months.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #390  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Today I was 100% on track, a bit hungry but feeling good. I am taking this one day at a time, one pound at a time.
Closed Thread