Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #196  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've seen a lot of people posting about being cold. Be sure to get thyroid checked. Not just TSH but complete thyroid panel. Numbers shouldn't just be in normal range they should be optimal. A lot of docs discount thyroid changes as long as they're still in range.
IP affected my thyroid
Lisa, super point. I have been on thyroid meds for a couple years. The doctor had me come in yesterday for a new thyroid panel because I have lost weight. I am waiting for the results and if my meds need to be adjusted.

Other symptoms of low thyroid (besides feeling cold) is the Big C; feeling weak, tired or depressed; dry skin or brittle nails; memory problems
Old 01-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #197  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Ok question for the gang--

Do any of you get the email and watch the IP videos with receipes and info? So sometimes I feel they use stuff that is not on the P1 list. So does anyone use baking powder, egg whites (besides using them for ur 8oz meal), I cant believe it is not butter, etc? Same goes for the cookbook-there is rack of lamb in there!

What do u use and has it helped, hurt, or been neutral for u? I am just wondering - no judging just curious. I bought I cant believe its not butter to spritz on stuff that is why I ask!

Last night I realized I am really getting sick of the lunch stuff mainly the soups--I think I am having a mid-life IP crash--does that make sense? I was whining to my husband how I want bread and I am sick of veggies and soup. I was venting and he just nods his head.
I am having a mid-life IP crash too! Instead of venting I broke down and ate some things I should not have eaten today. I'm not feeling good about it. Or maybe I'm glad I got it out of my system. These next 25 pounds are going to be killer to lose. I'm looking and feeling better and it's getting harder to find motivation
Old 01-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #198  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Lisa, super point. I have been on thyroid meds for a couple years. The doctor had me come in yesterday for a new thyroid panel because I have lost weight. I am waiting for the results and if my meds need to be adjusted.

Other symptoms of low thyroid (besides feeling cold) is the Big C; feeling weak, tired or depressed; dry skin or brittle nails; memory problems
Hair loss
Missing outer-third of eyebrows
Old 01-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Thank you ColoradoCarol and Lisa for the thyroid symptoms. May have to make a Drs. appt.

Steph and Luccilove, sorry that you are having mid-IP crises. I am def. hungrier this week. Going to have my shake and close the kitchen for the night. Retaining water from the EAS shake, so puffy ankles again.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Hanging in there... thank goodness for IP

Hey everyone,

I'm doing alright, I know I've been really quiet.. I'm sorry. When it rains it pours.. My Mon/Tues evening client has been placed in a nursing home since she became combative, and I got the call from my agency that my Wed/Fri client is now in the hospital with Pneumonia. I spent my day alternately crying and writing. I'm not feeling really super social face to face, but being able to read and catch up with what's going on in everyone else's lives makes me smile.

On a good note, even though it's the dreaded ToM, I lost so much fat this week that it actually made up for the retained water so I donated 1.4lbs! WAHOO!

I seriously think that IP changes your brain chemistry, not just your body chemistry. I feel quite a bit stronger emotionally, and more able to process things and face them when I need to rather than hiding. That's quite possibly the best NSV I've ever felt, and one that I'm going to utilize more often!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Nice to know that trying times are good for something. So happy Maddy, that you are feeling stronger emotionally and better able to handle the difficult things in your path right now. You are right, when it rains, often it pours. "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you think and smarter than you know."

Last edited by Slipfree; 01-14-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:14 PM   #202  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm doing alright, I know I've been really quiet.. I'm sorry. When it rains it pours.. My Mon/Tues evening client has been placed in a nursing home since she became combative, and I got the call from my agency that my Wed/Fri client is now in the hospital with Pneumonia. I spent my day alternately crying and writing. I'm not feeling really super social face to face, but being able to read and catch up with what's going on in everyone else's lives makes me smile.

On a good note, even though it's the dreaded ToM, I lost so much fat this week that it actually made up for the retained water so I donated 1.4lbs! WAHOO!

I seriously think that IP changes your brain chemistry, not just your body chemistry. I feel quite a bit stronger emotionally, and more able to process things and face them when I need to rather than hiding. That's quite possibly the best NSV I've ever felt, and one that I'm going to utilize more often!
You're doing so awesome by staying 100% OP through all of this Maddy. Amazing job
Old 01-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kawaii, sorry you are having a hard time right not, hoping things get better for you soon...TOM doesn't help either.
Being mental stronger is a good thing!! I have found that weightloss is a mental game, I have am always thinking about what I am putting in my mouth, what I need to buy at the grocery store, if I am going to lose weight this week, is this too good to be true! I keep thinking I am going to step on the scale one day and I am going to be at my starting weight. Yikes! I read that you should visualize yourself at goal, so when I am in the shower I think about what I will look like, and how I will feel, and what I will be able to do that I didn't want to before. I also have a friend that hasn't seen me in 4 months so I imagine her reaction to me as well, she has been a supporter of my weight loss from the beginning. All fun things to keep me OP and ready for the daily struggles with food. Enough rambling from me!! But I would like hear what you do to keep yourself motivated.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:04 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Good morning!!!

stephascope-I hear ya hang in there. I feel my next 30+ lbs will be harder then my first for some reason as well. I also think part of that is a mind game.

I have thyroid issues too and I am on pills. My tests (did T3 T4 TSH and maybe others?) were borderline so my endo dr but me on a thyroid pill (low dose I think 50mg?) and now my numbers are normal. I get them checked every 3 or 6 months - it depends.

I am still cold so I told my cardiologist and he said think about it - you just lost 30lbs of insulation - your body is trying to re-adjust to this. He said look at Polar Bears they need all the extra fat to stay warm. It is a good point.

It is official from my clinic effective March 1, 2014 prices are going up $1 per box. They claim it is because IP is charging them more for shipping and their box prices are going up. Will anyone else have this change? Just wondering.

Have a good day October Friends!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:42 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Good Morning!

Lucci & Steph, sorry you're having a IP burnout. I get that from time to time too. Maybe it's time to switch up the products you use? I don't eat any of the soups. I recently started using the fruit drink packets and they have way fewer carbs than the creamy drinks (chocolate, vanilla, etc.). I also like to water down the fruity drinks (ie orange, link lemonade) to mellow out the flavor. My coach used the peach mango one consistently when she was on P1 and did really well with it. Anyways I have my weeks or days when I get tired of IP and just wish I could be "normal" and go out for a meal (or get take out) and have a few glasses of wine. I just remind myself P1 is just temporary and the better I stay OP, the faster I'll be able to move to maintenance which has a free meal or day (forget which) when you can have what you want. I'm really looking forward to that, not to gorge myself, but just to be able to not dread/worry about social events and staying OP. I'm hoping to be in maintenance by summer which will work out well.

Kawaii, I'm glad you're feeling a fundamental change in the way you process emotions. I feel IP has helped with that for me too. I think it teaches you to look for alternate ways of self-soothing other than food. I'm glad you're dealing well with the stress around you.

Hope everyone else is doing well and Happy Wednesday! I weigh in later this morning and I'm hoping for a good one. This week I have not had restricteds due to having gum surgery (can't have crunchy, chewy, or tough foods). I feel like I did well with the dietary restrictions and stayed 100% OP. I also contended with TOM (ended yesterday) and being on steroids for 4 days which was a bit of an emotional roller coaster. I'll let you know how my WI goes.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good morning everyone!!! I am down 4.4 this morning!! I couldn't be happier! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:57 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

want2bskinnyagain--congrats!!!!! That is a great donation!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Congratulations want2!

I weighed in this morning and lost 5.8 bs! My biggest loss yet...I'm so excited and my motivation is renewed! Imagining cute bathing suits, more pool time, and cute sundresses this summer!

Last edited by KookySuki; 01-15-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #209  
KK

S/C/G: 239/198.6/180

Height: 5'9

Default Hi

I started IP at the end of October 2013 and have lost 40 pounds!!!!! The holidays were not as bad as I anticipated.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Maddy: Thinking of you.

Slipfree: Hi!

Kooky: Wow, way to go!

Want2: Excellent!
Closed Thread