Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #1  

Arrow IP weekend Chat Sat 12/28 - Sun 12/29/13

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Morning,

I'm at the cottage with the kids and my parent'sj enjoying the tons of snow. The kids have been busy sledding and building forts.
I'm relieved to be away from all the food temptations and back 100% OP. my parent's have started phase 2 of IP which has been informative to watch and they are doing well.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 12-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good morning. Got up and swam, then hit the perimeters of the grocery store, now doing laundrey(which always makes the cat happy, piles of laundrey, yippee). Daughter and I are hitting the factory stores about 45 minutes south this afternoon. Hoping to find some bargains to build my new size wardrobe. Plus hubby's birthday is Friday, so looking for something for that.

Daughter is only home until the 8th, so need to enjoy my time with her. Plus we are getting 50's today which is very unusual for this time of year.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

This is a place to be honest with myself and others. Over the last three days I have not stayed on the Ideal Protein. I did not over eat - but I did eat stuffing and treats/desserts. I had such good intensions to eat healthy, I did do that, but also ate some items I knew would make me gain. I have gained 2 lbs back and feel bad. I have just made it harded for myself to get back on track. I admire all IP'ers that committed and stayed on iP over the holidays. It wasn't that I didn't have the celery, peppers, broc and cauliflower cut up, - I reached for them, and also for other snacks. I have a plan in place and today is a new day and new start for me.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #5  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Morning all. Nasty cold and rainy today, which is going to make for a slow day at work :/
I could really just jump right back in bed.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Dir - don't beat yourself up. Just think what might have happened if you weren't thinking of IP. Today is a new day!

I'm on vacation in Miami. I'm doing much better than I thought but have had some coleslaw at dinner, a little more red meat, and some barbecue sauce on my chicken last night. Still no bread or desserts which is impressive for me.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Rainy morning over here! Put my new rainboots to use that Santa brought and went to the farmers market to get my weeks worth of produce! Bought a bunch of turnips to put at the bottom of my new crockpot and throwing a chicken in! Wish me luck- this is my first crock pot experience! Hope y'all have a great day!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #8  

Height: 5 '6

Confession: I haven't been hungry in weeks but I had the unfortunate combination of extreme hunger (PMS'ing I think) and a turkey dinner! Yes, I caved and had some stuffing and over ate the protein. Something my stomach did NOT appreciate!

Then last night my other sister had us over for steak and lobster... I overate the protein again and I confess... a little butter on the lobster... I weighed this morning and I'm up .6 of a pound. I'm not worried as I will drink lots today and I should still lose this week. I hope the hunger goes away for a long while... back to plan!!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #9  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

dlr9774: Please don't be so rough on yourself. We are all human, just get back on the IP program and drink tons of water. We can't beat ourselves up we are on the right track. It is ok to slip but you have to remember to put it behind you or you will continue to stay OP and gain all the weight back. I did the same thing over the Thanksgiving break I was only going to eat bad on Thanksgiving but I did it for 4 days gained 6 pounds and decided enough was enough and worked really hard the next week and lost that weight and found it easier to stay closer OP for Christmas weekend. Although my sister in law who is very health conscious made broccoli with cheese and sweet potatoes low glycemic. She looked at me with a very sad face when all she saw on my plate was turkey and shes like I made this for you. I ate some and then my mother in law makes this amazing velveta cheese popcorn and that was a present she gave us all later on Christmas. I ate some of this also, however I did not beat myself up. I am learning that a little extra once in awhile won't kill me and I have a great support system with my husband, friends, and this website.
All in all I wanted to say stay strong and let the cheating be forgotten and start OP today.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

In regards to the comments above about slipping off - please remember that we are all human and subject to the emotions and temptations of the holidays which do not run by the rules of IP.

Just brush yourself off, get back on the scale or weigh in so you know where you are, and pledge to take one day, one step, one meal according to IP and then keep going.

For me, it is important to get those first days down and under your belt so that your body gets back in its rhythm and feel for IP, Do not let it slide by, even with New Year's Day approaching. Grab the control back ASAP and keep going.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #11  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

I just went to the gym this morning and worked out on the treadmill. I was starting a journey of training for a 5 k when I first got on the healthy lifestyle plan. I had not jogged for a long time and wow it was alot easier today. I'm thinking since I've lost 36 pounds its easier on my body. I jogged 1 minute and walked 1 minute and did 3.8 miles in 53 minutes. It's not a great time but I will work with it.
I'm really stressed out right now my mother got to town last night and she had said that she would come in and spend time with me and my family. However I knew the bomb would drop sooner or later and it did. My sister, her girls, and my mom came to get their xmas presents and my mom looked at me and said can I stay at your house Thursday night cause I fly out on Friday? I said is that the only day your coming in and she said yes. I cant believe I let her get under my skin again and dissapoint me. I did not blow up or loose my cool I basically gave my sister a hug and said you two have a great week.
I guess my game plan of staying on my schedule is going to work. Im going to make me a priority and not let her get to me anymore. Im going to send her a text on Monday and tell her I can't have any phone calls during the time Im at work and protect myself. She likes to call and cause fights and she will not do this anymore with me Im not the same person I was.
I realised yesterday my sister lives an hour away that the last time Id seen her girls was on Halloween and they come to town quite a bit.
I can't make my sister let me have a realtionship with her kids or her and however hard on me it is that is not my doing. Im who I am and my friends kids love spending time with me and some day my sisters kids will tooo when she lets them.
Thanks for listening and being her for me to say what I need to say and become a better, stronger person who keeps my emotions in check.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Ditto what everyone is saying. If losing weight were easy, no one would be heavy! Be forgiving of yourself and move on.

As far as getting something made for you that you cannot eat, I feel your pain. My mother-in-law brought some canned fruit cocktail in heavy syrup out and pointedly said to me, we have some fruit for dessert. I just smiled, said no thanks, I cannot eat fruit at this time. People don't really understand, nor do they want to understand. I will bring my beautiful, colorful veggie tray on New Years Day and maybe it will help her see the difference between the heavily sugared canned fruit and what I eat.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #13  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
This is a place to be honest with myself and others. Over the last three days I have not stayed on the Ideal Protein. I did not over eat - but I did eat stuffing and treats/desserts. I had such good intensions to eat healthy, I did do that, but also ate some items I knew would make me gain. I have gained 2 lbs back and feel bad. I have just made it harded for myself to get back on track. I admire all IP'ers that committed and stayed on iP over the holidays. It wasn't that I didn't have the celery, peppers, broc and cauliflower cut up, - I reached for them, and also for other snacks. I have a plan in place and today is a new day and new start for me.
I also gained 2 lbs over Xmas. But. Dec.26th, I went back on phase 1 and they are gone. You can do it! 👍
Old 12-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #14  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy weekend all!

Today is my normal weigh in day but the clinic is closed. By my scale I'm down almost 2 lbs and I'll take it

It's been a hectic week with travel,holiday celebrations, and of course all the shopping/wrapping/cleaning/cooking.

Today I'm trying to get all the holiday decor down and re-stored and all the errands run so that tomorrow cab be a day of rest. Couch time sounds really appealing ... It's supposed to be very rainy and dreary.

IP POWER to all! You can do it!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #15  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
In regards to the comments above about slipping off - please remember that we are all human and subject to the emotions and temptations of the holidays which do not run by the rules of IP.

Just brush yourself off, get back on the scale or weigh in so you know where you are, and pledge to take one day, one step, one meal according to IP and then keep going.

For me, it is important to get those first days down and under your belt so that your body gets back in its rhythm and feel for IP, Do not let it slide by, even with New Year's Day approaching. Grab the control back ASAP and keep going.
Well said Schenectady. I also think it's important for people not to forget how they felt after going off plan - if they felt guilt, disappointment, stomach upset, the misery of getting back into ketosis, etc., keeping the memory of those feelings can be a good motivator to stay on plan going forward.
Closed Thread