Old 01-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #496  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

So far reboot with alternatives is going well!!! lost 2.6 pounds this week!! So im down 10 pounds so far! I WILL TAKE IT
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #497  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
my reboot is going very slow too but I knew this would happen. Although I feel skinnier and I haven't weighed yet this week, I feel I haven't loss anything for some reason. This week was suppose to be my good WI.

Oh well, going to keep trying. Not giving up at all.
HI KNM, welcome back, glad you had a good vacation. Sorry I've been too busy to read or type much on here lately.
Hey Sunflower! How's the job going? Glad to see you're sticking it out! I know we both struggled staying OP before the holidays, but now it's crunch time! No more excuses for either of us!

I'm only on day 4, but so far so good. Haven't had any major cravings yet. This happened to me last year in January too. I just had no interest in anything that wasn't on plan. I have to some how remember this feeling in a week or a month or six months when I feel like eating an entire candy aisle.

I realize it's all water weight so far, but I'm down 2.4 since Monday, so that's keeping my spirits up!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello Peeps!
Well, did my weekly weigh in today and I'm only down 1 lb. I know, I know, a loss is a loss, but I'm so disappointed that I'm not experiencing the 2-3 lb per week losses that I did first time around!
I just don't feel the same way I did last time around either.... that ketosis energy rush, kind of flighty spacy thing didn't happen to me. I miss that sorta hollow, but not starving feeling I had last time too. 's weird, right?

RN4 - You're doing great, and you have tons of support here. So many of us are feeling your struggles. Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
There is research that shows you lose quickest the first time you do a low carb diet. Most people find it much slower second time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
From the reading I've done on low carb diets (over the last 10-12 years), I've learned there appears to be a "golden opportunity" when the body hasn't been on low carb before. This is probably why you lost more previously. It doesn't mean you can't lose (obviously you're losing!) but the first time we're almost "tricking" the body into shedding some weight. This time the body figures it out more quickly.
Pat & Lisa, Thanks for your wise, calming words. You both reaffirm why I come here - for peace of mind.

Last edited by Dakin; 01-30-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #499  

Height: 5'-8"

Okay, When I was originally going thought IP I thought everyone was NUTS with their "food" dreams. I officially had my first. I was dreaming I was eating pretzels, and not just a couple. I honestly woke up in the morning confused trying to figure out if I actually ate pretzels or not; STRANGEST feeling ever. I now understand the crazy food dreams, especially since I am not a pretzel fan and have no idea why I would dream of junk food I would not normally eat. Haha!! the mysteries of the mind.

A question out there to those of you that use myfitnesspal. I just recently started to track my foods. I understand the calorie thing. I understand my protein intake will be listed as high. On average how much fat either percentage of daily fat or total grams should one be having?
willsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #500  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trynagn View Post
Had my WI today and down 2.4. Not great but it's going in the right direction and that's good enough for me!
Happy dance for you! That's great. I'll take 2.4 lbs anyday. Still stuck at one lb. loss two weeks in a row. Still OP this week and hoping the body will give a little at WI this time around. Good for you!
hawndragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #501  
knm

I made if through the week, but now the weekend cravings are already starting. I checked this morning and I'm in ketosis, so I was really hoping I wouldn't have to deal with them. Clearly it's all in my head and the routine that I can eat whatever I want on the weekends has to change! Thankfully there's no junk in our house and it's cold enough out that I don't want to venture out to buy anything off plan!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

I am bloated and my boobs are soar but my period are late. IP is throwing my cycle out of whack!
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:21 PM   #503  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
I made if through the week, but now the weekend cravings are already starting. I checked this morning and I'm in ketosis, so I was really hoping I wouldn't have to deal with them. Clearly it's all in my head and the routine that I can eat whatever I want on the weekends has to change! Thankfully there's no junk in our house and it's cold enough out that I don't want to venture out to buy anything off plan!
Sometimes I can't help feeling ketosis is over-rated as a hunger-suppressant lol!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #504  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Hey Sunflower! How's the job going? Glad to see you're sticking it out! I know we both struggled staying OP before the holidays, but now it's crunch time! No more excuses for either of us!

I'm only on day 4, but so far so good. Haven't had any major cravings yet. This happened to me last year in January too. I just had no interest in anything that wasn't on plan. I have to some how remember this feeling in a week or a month or six months when I feel like eating an entire candy aisle.

I realize it's all water weight so far, but I'm down 2.4 since Monday, so that's keeping my spirits up!
Hi knm, congrats on getting back on track this week. The job is going OK, not my ideal job but it's good money so I'll take it. Have a wedding to pay for afterall

I have been staying OP pretty much but feeling tired these days, especially today. Some days I'm buzzing with energy and some days I'm feeling sluggish. I don't know how anyone could exercise on this diet, I would collapse I think.

Anyhow good news for this week, I lost 2 whole lbs on my home scale. Official WI at the coach's office is not til later, but I updated my ticker. So close to the 130's, I can't wait!!
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #505  
knm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
Hi knm, congrats on getting back on track this week. The job is going OK, not my ideal job but it's good money so I'll take it. Have a wedding to pay for afterall

I have been staying OP pretty much but feeling tired these days, especially today. Some days I'm buzzing with energy and some days I'm feeling sluggish. I don't know how anyone could exercise on this diet, I would collapse I think.

Anyhow good news for this week, I lost 2 whole lbs on my home scale. Official WI at the coach's office is not til later, but I updated my ticker. So close to the 130's, I can't wait!!
Way to go Sunflower! That's great news! You'll be at your goal before you know it!

I've only been on plan since Monday and down 3.6 lbs. Like I said before, I know it's water weight, but it gets me to goal that much quicker, so I'll take it! I've adjusted my goal back to 120 from 125. We'll see how realistic that is when I get closer, but for now, that's what I'm aiming for!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #506  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone just restarted yesterday after being off for a while. I fell back into some bad eating habits but this time around my head is in the game.
Sammie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #507  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

I'm losing only 2 lbs a week on purpose. The first go around I dropped 10 the first week and 3 to 4 every week after but due to my hospital stay I have decided to do it slower (hospital nothing to do with diet). What I love is I can control it. First go around I didn't allow myself any restricted so I could experience the maximum fast. This go around I'm eating restricted sometimes twice in a day and for the 6th week in a row I've lost 2.4 or 2.2 every week. I allow myself more meat and more oil and more of anything IP approved and see how it affects the scale to learn what I can do. I am just amazed how I can control the scale. Love this program.

Getting together with some other IP girls for the first time today to cook together. Can't wait we are all making something to teach the other. I'm making the oatmeal wildberry muffins and my pizza using the tomato soup to make flat bread.... can't wait to see what they will make.

Everyone have a great IP day!!!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #508  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
I'm losing only 2 lbs a week on purpose. The first go around I dropped 10 the first week and 3 to 4 every week after but due to my hospital stay I have decided to do it slower (hospital nothing to do with diet). What I love is I can control it. First go around I didn't allow myself any restricted so I could experience the maximum fast. This go around I'm eating restricted sometimes twice in a day and for the 6th week in a row I've lost 2.4 or 2.2 every week. I allow myself more meat and more oil and more of anything IP approved and see how it affects the scale to learn what I can do. I am just amazed how I can control the scale. Love this program.

Getting together with some other IP girls for the first time today to cook together. Can't wait we are all making something to teach the other. I'm making the oatmeal wildberry muffins and my pizza using the tomato soup to make flat bread.... can't wait to see what they will make.

Everyone have a great IP day!!!
Hey I doe
I thought I knew all the muffin recipes but I don't think I've heard of the oatmeal wildberry muffins. I usually make the muffins with wildberry and crispy cereal. Is it the same recipe made with the oatmeal packet?
Have a great time!
trynagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #509  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Ooops . . . This thread has passed the magic limit of 500 posts.

Would some kind soul start the new thread?
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #510  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

QUOTE=Sammie12;4933668]Hi everyone just restarted yesterday after being off for a while. I fell back into some bad eating habits but this time around my head is in the game.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back!
hawndragon is offline   Reply With Quote