Old 01-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMKAR View Post
Good morning fellow IPers! Boy it sure is cold here in Illinois, so looking forward to Spring.

Well I weighed myself this morning and am down another 2lbs! WOOT WOOT!!
Feel like the weight is just melting off. What a wonderful feeling. Hope everyone is doing well. As long as you are commited to the program it definitly works!

Uh - Huh!! That's why so many of us are 100%!!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-27-2014 at 10:41 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:02 PM   #467  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Hello:
I have been in my brain telling myself I'm still OP, but reality is I'm getting lazy and started venturing towards other foods when I gain weight I just think it'll come off fast. While now it is time to own up to what I'm doing and get back on track. I have been good today but it is only 2:55 pm where I am and when I get home that's the hard time for me. I do have some turkey burgers at home and some lettuce so that's going to be my meal tonight and some green beans tooo....
I vow to stay OP and no more cheating and getting lazy on this plan.

I do also exercise alot now and am starting my training for a 10k in May so onward I go.
Thanks so much for starting this thread and I vow to check in before I think about cheating and staying OP until I reach another 40 pounds off. That means I will stay OP until I hit 170 and will no longer allow myself to get LAZY and stick with this plan and see what the future holds.

Part of my problem is my daughter had lost weight and put it back on and she has a Personal Trainer and the weight is not coming off this time. I know the reason she has a boyfriend and we all get into the place where we get comfortable and lazy. Then she started IP and I thought she liked it but I know she was just doing it for me. On Sunday I finally talked to her about it and she said she'd prefer not to do it and I said that's fine. I know she will hit a place in her life and do it on her own and I have to be there to support her.
finale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Weight is stuck. Its too early to be stuck. I am also bleated because of TOM. I hope it goes away soon
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #469  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Day 26 of reboot and down another 2 pounds. I am proud of myself for sticking to the plan. Have tried many times to reboot but couldn't do it. I guess my mind is in a better place this go around.
Great news! You deserve the praise, staying OP is key to getting to your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMKAR View Post
Good morning fellow IPers! Boy it sure is cold here in Illinois, so looking forward to Spring.

Well I weighed myself this morning and am down another 2lbs! WOOT WOOT!!
Feel like the weight is just melting off. What a wonderful feeling. Hope everyone is doing well. As long as you are commited to the program it definitly works!

woohoo you two ladies are an inspiration to us all.
shathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:49 AM   #470  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I usually cook a whole chicken weekly either in the crockpot or oven. I take all the skin off of the chicken before I cook it. I can make salads stir fry or plain chicken all week. This way I do not have an excuse not to stay OP since my main meal is easy to throw together. I find if I plan ahead I do well on the plan.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #471  

Quote:
I usually cook a whole chicken weekly either in the crockpot or oven. I take all the skin off of the chicken before I cook it. I can make salads stir fry or plain chicken all week. This way I do not have an excuse not to stay OP since my main meal is easy to throw together. I find if I plan ahead I do well on the plan.
Throw the bones & cartilage in a pot & simmer for a couple days, until the bones become brittle. When cold, it has a gelatin-like consistency. Bone broth is uber good for you!
I have some in my freezer all the time. If I'm running out, it's time to roast another chicken.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #472  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Weight is stuck. Its too early to be stuck. I am also bleated because of TOM. I hope it goes away soon
Since you know why it is stuck, stay OP and off the scale!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:11 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I must do the same coffeebean, I didn't do my normal Sunday prep cooking and ate horrible yesterday. Not off IP but not enough food and ended up eating an extra restricted at night because I felt so deprived from not eating properly.

The thing I am trying to train myself is this is forever my new journey, preparing healthy food options for my week. It's not a diet I am all for which it will stop. What I train myself to think is one day when I reach goal I can add brown rice, sweet potatoes, fruit and whole grain bread yeahhhh I must mentally prepare for maintenance no matter how far away from it

I'm down to 204 yeah. Due to my surgery I want to lose only 2 a week rather then the 3 to 4 I lost before so I'm eating more and have lost 2.2/2.4 every week!! Amazing how this can be so controlled I love it.

Soooo excited I bought size 12 jeans this weekend haven't seen that size in 14 years

Happy IPing all!!!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #474  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

Thank you to all who post; especially lisa32989 and 65x65. You are an inspiration and encouragement to all of us! Lisa, I don't know how early you get up every morning, but you always have the daily thread refreshed by the time I log on. Thank you, than you, thank you!

Finishing week 1 of a reboot. Why, why, why did I go off program??? Father in the hospital (1 hour drive with trips to see him every other day) from before Christmas until 1 week ago. Lots of stress eating. I have realized I still turn to food for comfort during stress; so here come 10 lbs back. So much more to learn about my self.
Jeans didn't fit and joints began to hurt again. Makes me wonder what additives are put into some foods. Don't whine. Get back OP!!!
Mercifully, didn't have the "carb flu"; wouldn't that have added insult to injury.
My youngest son's 17th birthday was yesterday. Made him his favorite chocolate cake. Took a nibble to check it and then spit it into the sink! Felt so good to stay strong!
Prairie Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #475  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Day 2 for me! I finally got in the right mindframe yesterday and believe it or not, day 1 was a breeze! I think I finally realized I'm running out of time and excuses!
Haven't gone to see my coach yet since I still have lots of product left over. I might pop in today or tomorrow though, just so I have true measurements and weight marked down for my reboot.
Happy OP day everyone!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #476  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

I've lost 10 pounds the first month of my restart. On any other diet, I would be thrilled, but since its IP, I feel like it should be more. I lost 16 the first month with a similar starting weight the first time. I am drinking all of my water, doing restricted 3-4x/week (and the lower carb count restricted items), not exercising, and measuring everything. The only thing that isn't 100% is I probably miss a serving of veggies 3x/week or so and sometimes don't get all of my olive oil in. This usually happens when I get busy at work (I'm an ICU nurse). Could this be my issue? I feel like I'm being more careful than my first go at it, so I'm a little surprised. I'm motivated and will stick to it, but would appreciate your input!
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #477  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

I lost 91 lbs in 2011 and stayed within 20 lbs or so of my lowest point for 2012. In 2013, I gained another 20. So, here I was at the end of the year with 44 pounds to lose. So far, WK 1 WI -5, Wk 2 -1, Wk 3 -1. I feel so discouraged. I've been OP and was shocked to see just one pound this week. Last week had a couple of mistakes with miscommunication with my coach and had 2 restricteds a day 4x. Fixed it but I'm sticking with it. Thanks for this thread. Seems harder this time around. Doing Curves 3x a week. Feel like I need a big hug.

Last edited by hawndragon; 01-29-2014 at 02:57 PM.
hawndragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:48 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post
I've lost 10 pounds the first month of my restart. On any other diet, I would be thrilled, but since its IP, I feel like it should be more. I lost 16 the first month with a similar starting weight the first time. I am drinking all of my water, doing restricted 3-4x/week (and the lower carb count restricted items), not exercising, and measuring everything. The only thing that isn't 100% is I probably miss a serving of veggies 3x/week or so and sometimes don't get all of my olive oil in. This usually happens when I get busy at work (I'm an ICU nurse). Could this be my issue? I feel like I'm being more careful than my first go at it, so I'm a little surprised. I'm motivated and will stick to it, but would appreciate your input!
10 is really good I have been on it now for 3 weeks and I have only lost 5. It will go down maybe another pound this week. I wish I had lost 10 in 1 month
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #479  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
10 is really good I have been on it now for 3 weeks and I have only lost 5. It will go down maybe another pound this week. I wish I had lost 10 in 1 month
I guess it's relative. I see people with much greater losses and I feel like I must be doing something wrong! Glad to know I'm not alone. Hopefully things will pick up for us soon!
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
I lost 91 lbs in 2011 and stayed within 20 lbs of my lowest point for 2012. In 2013, I gained another 15 back. So, here I was at the end of the year with 35 pounds to lose. So far, WK 1 WI -5, Wk 2 -1, Wk 3 -1. I feel so discouraged. I've been OP and was shocked to see just one pound this week. Last week had a couple of mistakes with miscommunication with my coach and had 2 restricteds a day 4x. Fixed it but I'm sticking with it. Thanks for this thread. Seems harder this time around. Doing Curves 3x a week. Feel like I need a big hug.
You've come such a long way don't get discouraged now. You're still doing great it'll come off. Remember where you've come from and how much you've lost! Be proud of yourself and be patient and it will all be worth it!
trynagn is offline   Reply With Quote