Old 01-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Hello everyone,

This is day 2 of my reboot and although I've always been more of a "lurker" than a joiner, finding this thread and seeing so many familiar names, from 2012, has encouraged me to "come out" a little today. Perhaps I can be a cautionary tale to some and proof that you are not alone, to others.

From mid-March to mid-June 2012, I lost a little over 30lbs by using 100% IP products and never cheating once. I did well on maintenance for awhile and then started slipping. And now we come to the "cautionary tale" part; As silly as this sounds, at first I put off getting right back onto phase 1, like you are supposed to do, because I felt secure that I had this "magic bullet" in my back pocket (IE: Ideal Protein) that I could get back to anytime. Here, I would like to congratulate those of you who are getting back "on the wagon" before regaining all the weight (including you Dakin!).

Not only did I gain everything back, and then some, over the course of 2013 but I went through this kind of denial period in order to keep feeding this carb addiction that had a hold of me. As an example; "I got this, I'm determined now. I'll start " " tomorrow, at least it's not as restrictive/expensive as IP"(fill in the blank here 'cause I tried or considered so many other diets). But, you probably guessed it, mostly "tomorrow" always brought another reason (read excuse) why I failed, another slip and, so very often another weight gain for that week.

So I'm back, with no more excuses, to do what I know will work. Going to do alternatives this time. I'll be visiting the boards daily, which was such a huge help last time, much more so than my coach...as nice as she was she couldn't seem to empathize the way people on 3FC can.

So to those, who like me, are back to lose even more than they did the first time; you are not alone, let's do this together!
Nilouve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #377  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilouve View Post
Hello everyone,

This is day 2 of my reboot and although I've always been more of a "lurker" than a joiner, finding this thread and seeing so many familiar names, from 2012, has encouraged me to "come out" a little today. Perhaps I can be a cautionary tale to some and proof that you are not alone, to others.

From mid-March to mid-June 2012, I lost a little over 30lbs by using 100% IP products and never cheating once. I did well on maintenance for awhile and then started slipping. And now we come to the "cautionary tale" part; As silly as this sounds, at first I put off getting right back onto phase 1, like you are supposed to do, because I felt secure that I had this "magic bullet" in my back pocket (IE: Ideal Protein) that I could get back to anytime. Here, I would like to congratulate those of you who are getting back "on the wagon" before regaining all the weight (including you Dakin!).

Not only did I gain everything back, and then some, over the course of 2013 but I went through this kind of denial period in order to keep feeding this carb addiction that had a hold of me. As an example; "I got this, I'm determined now. I'll start " " tomorrow, at least it's not as restrictive/expensive as IP"(fill in the blank here 'cause I tried or considered so many other diets). But, you probably guessed it, mostly "tomorrow" always brought another reason (read excuse) why I failed, another slip and, so very often another weight gain for that week.

So I'm back, with no more excuses, to do what I know will work. Going to do alternatives this time. I'll be visiting the boards daily, which was such a huge help last time, much more so than my coach...as nice as she was she couldn't seem to empathize the way people on 3FC can.

So to those, who like me, are back to lose even more than they did the first time; you are not alone, let's do this together!
Everything you said is spot on. I feel like I've also been using the excuse of having the "magic bullet" too, as a safety net that I could always fall back on when things got out of control. I kept saying I would get back on plan, but like you, something always came up. Which is why I need to stay even more dedicated this time, because things were really starting to get out of control. This post is such a great motivation to me today, so thanks for that. Good luck in taking it off again.
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #378  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone -
Glad everyone is moving forward with rebooting.

I am on day 8 of my reboot and am so happy to put my jeans on without struggling.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences they help me stay focused .
Wishing everyone an OP day.
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Anyone who feels too lousy for too long should check with their Dr.

May need some baseline blood work drawn to see if you are healthy enough to sustain this protocol. Esp if it impacts driving, job performance or job requirements which could be hazardous. Our body chemistry changes with age, diet or esp a sub clinical disease process which was not known as a problem before. Take care of you.

Last edited by 65X65; 01-14-2014 at 12:59 PM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning Friends!
I feel like this thread was meant for me! I only wish I had gotten on board a week or two ago so that I'd be experiencing success already, as so many of you are. (Congrats!)
I recognize many names and faces, several were my go-to Guru's (Rissimo, swimcoachmomma, lizRR, New Englander, Bellamach, Patns, Lisa, Vet...just to name a few) and am heartened to know that I am not alone in my struggles. I lost a total of 39lbs on IP, and have gained back 21 of it!!! omgg!
I have attempted to recommit a few times - in fact even posted about it - but have not as yet been able to get back into ketosis. I'm feeling frustrated, disappointed, weak and fat with myself! I really, really need your shout outs and support. I check in almost every day, but if I get quiet it's because I'm backsliding.
Anyway, this morning is a fresh new commitment.
Breakfast was a Healthsmart mocha cocoa packet in coffee,
I'm nibbling on green peppers now
Lunch will be a salad
Afternoon snack will be Dill Zippers (probably)
not sure what exactly is for dinner yet, but I know it will be lean protein and veggies.
I can't wait to start feeling better again!
Wishing everyone a great OP day!
Hi Dakin, I sure do remember you. You are in a good place with lots of support. On friday I will be 2 weeks back 100%, and I am feeling pretty good (other than the crappy weather, lol) I am also rehab-ing from knee surgery. I am looking at feeling really good by spring Stay on the boards, it is the only way I stay strong, even if I don't post. Welcome Back!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #381  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Thanks to everyone for the welcome back.

Yesterday I was 100% OP (and so far today). For dinner I had my roasted cauliflower and chicken with WF apricot jelly mixed with Dijon. was a very blah looking plate, but tasted good!

I realized when I went to change after work that I had forgotten my sneakers, so no gym last night. I figure I'll go today after work and then on Friday. I think they have a yoga class on Sunday, so perhaps I'll give that a try.

For those of you working out during this reboot - are you eating another packet or something? I have the EAS Carbvantage shakes that I've been drinking - they would be good to give me more energy.

My coach never emailed or called yesterday, so I called her as I was leaving to see if I could stop by, she said she was booked and they had a class. So I'm stopping in tonight after the gym.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Thanks to everyone for the welcome back.

Yesterday I was 100% OP (and so far today). For dinner I had my roasted cauliflower and chicken with WF apricot jelly mixed with Dijon. was a very blah looking plate, but tasted good!

I realized when I went to change after work that I had forgotten my sneakers, so no gym last night. I figure I'll go today after work and then on Friday. I think they have a yoga class on Sunday, so perhaps I'll give that a try.

For those of you working out during this reboot - are you eating another packet or something? I have the EAS Carbvantage shakes that I've been drinking - they would be good to give me more energy.

My coach never emailed or called yesterday, so I called her as I was leaving to see if I could stop by, she said she was booked and they had a class. So I'm stopping in tonight after the gym.
For most it is suggested to add another serving of protein. My coach did not suggest it and I felt fine. (I do believe my weight and height did not warrant it.) I was down nearly 25 lbs when I began exercising, and have been exercising 6 days a week since early April.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Hello all. Welcome back Dakin. Here we go again!

The scale fairy has been a bit stingy (6.6 pounds in 2 weeks) but the inch fairy came last night. I got up early to t ake out the trash and slid into my favorite flannel Eeyore pants and had to cinch up the waist. Wahoo!! Starving today so maybe the scale fairy is lurking!!

Anyway, keep on keeping on. Off to swim practice then out for shrimp fajitas.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #384  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for this great post. It was quite a shock to me to really really face the amount of weight I had gained back. I would gain 10 pounds and think, well, it's not that big of a deal. I can just do a quickie stint of phase 1! Buuuut, I just wouldn't buckle down. That happened, like, 6 times. Eeep! So here I am. I refuse to gain another pound. Finally good sense has snapped into place. As I got back into IP, I kept sabotaging myself with snitches here and there. But since I started posting here again, I have been much better about no extra nibbles. Yay!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:43 PM   #385  

I had a conversation with some ladies who are going to try the Dr Oz detox.
I say whatever works!

One thing I told them is that I still don't have the eating behavior to have "just a little" so there are items that I just can't have. They looked at me strangely & I told them I bought a box of gluten free crackers (I wasn't on P1) and ended up eating the whole box! Some things I just lack control over so it is better to not get started with one.

I told one gal she offered me cake before Christmas. My problem with cake is one piece is never enough. So I'm really better off with none than overeating it.

I have a BIG problem with portion control over many foods. These are foods I've learned to not keep in my home and to limit/restrict/or disallow in my life. I sure wish IP would cure this in me but it hasn't. It remains in remission when I'm on the program, however.

I like remission
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Dakin - I never gave up, though. That to me would be my failure because it is so important to get my health and weight under control - age is a factor in that being a priority.

What I did was to change my approach - I had to change it up to let my mind become truly committed. Even though I hated the idea of joining a gym because I had lots of fear, I did it. Even when I had to go for the first time, I was still fearful and unsure.

I worried (I'm a professional at this one) - would I know what to do, would there be lots of young, hard bodies there, did I have any clothes that would fit that I could wear...on and on. I somehow screwed up the courage to go that first time and it made all the difference mentally. Eventually that mentally changed to physically, too, as I could feel the difference.
You and I must be sole sisters; you share the same fears and challenges that I do. Age... working out. I have decided to get more physical, but I'm not ready to join a gym (yet). I'm fortunate have a fully equipped gym in my home that is (surprisingly) in like-new condition! (lol) I am committing to working yup a sweat in there at least 3 times a week (M-F) and to do more on weekends (including snowshoeing, hiking...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
That's what I don't understand. Besides feeling like I was starving until I went into ketosis my first time around, I had no scary symptoms like this. I'm thinking it was a particularly bad sugar crash, because I felt so much better after I ate. When I'm not doing low-carb/IP I've always gotten a little nauseous when I'm hungry. This morning so far, I have a little bit of the lingering migraine and maybe a little dizzyness, but other than that I'm fine. I'll take it over what I felt yesterday We'll see how I feel this afternoon. Thanks for the concern
Oojoy - How are you feeling today? I'm anticipating the killer headache around Thursday or Friday. I hope you're over the hump now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Good Morning!

Woke up to find 4.2 lbs less of me this morning!

I'm a pound away from where I ended almost 2 years ago
Pam
Pam, Congrats on the great numbers today! I'm with you about wanting to go 10 below my goal from 2012. Let's do it together!

Quote:
Hello everyone,

... l I felt secure that I had this "magic bullet" in my back pocket (IE: Ideal Protein) that I could get back to anytime. Here, I would like to congratulate those of you who are getting back "on the wagon" before regaining all the weight (including you Dakin!).

Nilouve - Ain't it the truth? The "magic bullet" thought - told myself sooooo many times, 'No problem, I can have this... I'll just get back OP soon and it'll be so easy.' I'm doing alternatives too - my IP clinic was an hour a way and the coach did not care at all. (The day I reached goal she congratulated me and told me to have a nice life - literally!) Also the $$. We'll have to share recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
Hello everyone -

I am on day 8 of my reboot and am so happy to put my jeans on without struggling.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences they help me stay focused .
Wishing everyone an OP day.
Roo2
Roo, Color me jealous! Congrats! Can't wait for my clothes to start feeling better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hi Dakin, I sure do remember you. You are in a good place with lots of support. On friday I will be 2 weeks back 100%, and I am feeling pretty good (other than the crappy weather, lol) I am also rehab-ing from knee surgery. I am looking at feeling really good by spring Stay on the boards, it is the only way I stay strong, even if I don't post. Welcome Back!
Bellamach - Sorry to hear about the knee surgery. I hope spring finds us both in better shape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post

The scale fairy has been a bit stingy (6.6 pounds in 2 weeks) but the inch fairy came last night. I got up early to t ake out the trash and slid into my favorite flannel Eeyore pants and had to cinch up the waist. Wahoo!! Starving today so maybe the scale fairy is lurking!!

Congrats! Hoping the "whoosh" fairy heads east when she leaves your place.

I finished logging my food for today (anticipating my evening protein) and my totals are:
880 38 13 100 12

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar
I know that we're not encouraged to track to this extent, but doing alternatives, I want to keep an eye that my carbs are low and protein is high.

~Dakin
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #387  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post

are you kidding? 6.6 lbs in 2 weeks is just awesome. Keep up the good work
Old 01-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #388  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I say whatever works!

One thing I told them is that I still don't have the eating behavior to have "just a little" so there are items that I just can't have. They looked at me strangely & I told them I bought a box of gluten free crackers (I wasn't on P1) and ended up eating the whole box! Some things I just lack control over so it is better to not get started with one.

I told one gal she offered me cake before Christmas. My problem with cake is one piece is never enough. So I'm really better off with none than overeating it.

I have a BIG problem with portion control over many foods. These are foods I've learned to not keep in my home and to limit/restrict/or disallow in my life. I sure wish IP would cure this in me but it hasn't. It remains in remission when I'm on the program, however.

I like remission
ME EXACTLY LISA!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I say whatever works!

I like remission
Well stated. The behavioral piece really is the struggle. The food addiction piece is a tough one, in some ways tougher than drugs or alcohol, because we have to feed the dragon in order to survive. While off plan I could not controll my carb intake, resulting in eating huge amounts of high carb stuff. Like you, Lisa, I could eat a bag of chips or pretzels or crackers in a day. Scary to feel so out of control. This program gives me the distance(detox) to see those unhealthy patterns and to make better choices.

I am struggling with crazy hunger today for the first time in many days. Last night I had a full quest bar for my evening snack and I'm thinking it woke Walter, my evil carb dragon!!!! I hope not, and it was so yummy that I will likely try it again sometime. I think I'm going to float away with all the water and tea I'm drinking today. Lol
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:06 PM   #390  

swimcoachmama
Quest Bars bother many people.
They're almost too good.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote