Old 01-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #331  
maintaining since 9/2013

[QUOTE=workingit50;4917503]Hi, I am on day 6 of my reboot, needing to take off 10+ lbs. I appreciated your posts about restricted foods. I am sooo happy to eat Quest bars all day long, and I do! Need to cut back on my restricted because I know that it is not helping me and keeping my cravings active and satisfied (not in a good way).

The restricted sweets and chips are the dilemma of IP, imho. They help during P1 by providing palatable treats and variety that are oh so convenient. But they also keep stoking the appetite for sweets & crunchy-salt treats which can come bag to haunt in P4. In P1 I ended up sticking to things that were most like "real food", ie rtd banana-strawberry & BBQ soynuts, chicken soup. On WI days, I would have a bar (sometimes I cheated and had 2). It worked pretty well--I didn't have to think too much and it was over before I got too bored.

Once on P4, I used some restricteds during the holidays and tried Quest bars. My sweet & chip cravings came back with a roar. I think I need to avoid these foods whether they are IP or not. I don't miss them until i have the first bite.

Last edited by mars735; 01-12-2014 at 12:56 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #332  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
yesterday I went out to dinner to an Indian Buffet and boy was it challenging. I wouldn't chose a buffet on my own while I'm on IP, but it was a birthday party so I went. I've decided I can't stay away from these events all the time but I have to learn to adjust and stick to the plan even while socializing. Huge NSV for me.

So I tried really hard, not sure I made the right choices but I went away feeling awesome. I had lots of salad, tandoori chicken and some of the curry meats, I stayed away from my favourites, the naan, rice and pakoras and felt really good after I left there. There was even cake for dessert and I had none.

Just goes to show that it can be done, even in social situations. Planning on not avoiding those any longer, but to make the plan liveable.
Sunflower: That is truly inspiring!!!

Last edited by mars735; 01-12-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #333  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi Rebooters -
Day 6 of my reboot, so happy !
Still struggling to stay IP but it is getting easier.
Gave myself reality check / treat tried on some of my jeans able to Zip up and button but tighter then I would feel comfortable walking around all day wearing.
My resolve became stronger and my desire to wear all of my goal clothes has now intensified.
Here is wishing everyone an OP day.

Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #334  

Hi All, I lost 20 pounds and hit my goal in early December but already gained 8 back. So, I'm back on IP (started two days ago) - glad to touch base with all of you!
sjerrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Sorry for your loss!

Welcome!! I'm not as regular or as experienced as a lot of the other wonderful people encouraging others here. I commend those who stay so consistent with posting and following and supporting!! I play catch up most of the time. But this is the place to come for support, idea's, recipes, advise. I've found it to be incredibly awesome.

Thank you for sharing this journey with us!!!!
I too do not post very much but love all the posts and feel comfort in others even if I don't receive a reply. I have rebooted as well and find my fear lies in what comes after...when maintenance begins!!
Chinookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookgirl View Post
I too do not post very much but love all the posts and feel comfort in others even if I don't receive a reply. I have rebooted as well and find my fear lies in what comes after...when maintenance begins!!
Hello Chinookgirl, I also fear maintenance and read recipes and plans for it feeling if I mentally prepare it should be a natural transition. The friend I started this with is in maintenance but she doesn't read this site so she ended up doing what her trainer has her on and some of the IP foods. The coaches do not really know how to support the maintenance phase! They need to understand that most of us are like alcoholics, we may successfully complete rehab but we need the same level of support and direction once we get out! lol hope no one takes offense to the comparison I've been told by some that have been successful with weight maintenance that you choose certain foods and eat them regularly slipping in the occasional change. But #1 in any phase is preparation preparation preparation lol that's what I'm told. I can talk the talk but walk the walk hmmmmm
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #337  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Hello Chinookgirl, I also fear maintenance and read recipes and plans for it feeling if I mentally prepare it should be a natural transition. The friend I started this with is in maintenance but she doesn't read this site so she ended up doing what her trainer has her on and some of the IP foods. The coaches do not really know how to support the maintenance phase! They need to understand that most of us are like alcoholics, we may successfully complete rehab but we need the same level of support and direction once we get out! lol hope no one takes offense to the comparison I've been told by some that have been successful with weight maintenance that you choose certain foods and eat them regularly slipping in the occasional change. But #1 in any phase is preparation preparation preparation lol that's what I'm told. I can talk the talk but walk the walk hmmmmm
It certainly has felt like the end of the yellow brick road as far as IP and P4. Most IPers I know, self included, have not followed the suggested eating plan, instead experimented to find the right foods and amounts. There are calorie formulas somewhere on 3FC, that are adjusted to your level of activity. I bought a scale and weighed each day just to see how things affected me.

It was unreal but gratifying to be told by my coach that I could eat ANY veggies and more than 1 restricted! It's taken time but now I have more comfort knowing that I can eat a LOT of non processed food and maintain my weight. The trickier part is the dance with the fatty, carby foods. I'm still working on that, having gained back 12 lbs over the holidays. At least I know I can get back on track before my clothes get too tight, lol.

Thank goodness for 3FC!

Last edited by mars735; 01-12-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks kcdoe I agree, maintenance is the hard part as many have said before. Staying on program and having a good support system is what we need to do but not always easy...
Chinookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Hi all -

I'm restarting after putting on more then i've ever been (eep!) I could really use the help of the IPers. I need the most recent Phase 1 sheet, and I also need to order from Nashua, but I can't remember what was restricted, and what was super restricted... please help! Thank you thank you!
skinnybride2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Did some extra digging, can anyone verify if these are the most recent sheets? http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post48.html
skinnybride2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

this was dinner tonight - Rutabaga fries with taco, lime chicken
soooo yummy and have lots of leftovers for tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4060.jpg (44.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4063.jpg (36.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4065.jpg (35.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4066.jpg (44.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4069.jpg (40.9 KB, 18 views)
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sunflower: What's in the chicken, it looks delicious!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

it's chicken breast seasoned with half an onion, parsley, a tomato and ginger
I cooked it in some coconut oil, then added 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning and lime to it, add water and let simmer for 30 mins. It was so delicious. The taco seasoning is not 100% IP, it has 4 grams of carbs in it per tablespoon but I use that over a course of 2 days.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
it's chicken breast seasoned with half an onion, parsley, a tomato and ginger
I cooked it in some coconut oil, then added 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning and lime to it, add water and let simmer for 30 mins. It was so delicious. The taco seasoning is not 100% IP, it has 4 grams of carbs in it per tablespoon but I use that over a course of 2 days.
Yum! Thanks!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #345  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Did some extra digging, can anyone verify if these are the most recent sheets? http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post48.html
Those are the sheets.
I put links to them EVERY DAY in the daily chat. No digging necessary
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote