Old 01-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday all!! Crazy week for me. I restarted on 12/30 and lost an awesome 4.5 the first week. And not an ounce since!!! Grrrr. Gonna mix it up a bit with a cup of spinach in my breakfast shake tomorrow.. I know the numbers will follow if I work the plan but it is a bit discouraging. Sigh. Although I haven't measured myself, my bra strap is in the tightest set of hooks which is different. Was hoping for 15 pounds total before a conference in a couple weeks but not so sure. Oh well. Just keeping on! Tomorrow is my best friends 50th birthday and can't wait to hang with her.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #302  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Happy Friday all!! Crazy week for me. I restarted on 12/30 and lost an awesome 4.5 the first week. And not an ounce since!!! Grrrr. Gonna mix it up a bit with a cup of spinach in my breakfast shake tomorrow.. I know the numbers will follow if I work the plan but it is a bit discouraging. Sigh. Although I haven't measured myself, my bra strap is in the tightest set of hooks which is different. Was hoping for 15 pounds total before a conference in a couple weeks but not so sure. Oh well. Just keeping on! Tomorrow is my best friends 50th birthday and can't wait to hang with her.
I had a 5 pound loss my first week and nothing since. We are following a similar pattern. It is so much more difficult the second time around! I know what I need to do, I just need to be patient. I can't believe how much better I feel without all that sugar/carby crap in my system.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #303  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I had a 5 pound loss my first week and nothing since. We are following a similar pattern. It is so much more difficult the second time around! I know what I need to do, I just need to be patient. I can't believe how much better I feel without all that sugar/carby crap in my system.
Agreed. It really is amazing how quickly the general crap feeling goes away. But geez I wish the scale would move! Oh well. Gonna make a big cup of celestials seasonings tea (gingerbread or pumpkin, can't remember without looking which is decaf). Then off to bed with a good book.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #304  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello, fellow re-booters! Booter-buddies!
I outed myself on the 2010/2011 thread, but I'd like to participate in this thread as well. I lost 120...but have since gained back 60. Gah! I just can't believe how quickly it piles back on. If anyone could get paid for their ability to gain weight, I would surely be a multi-millionaire by now!

Anyway, I have been dabbling at IP since the 3rd. But, I know what I really need to do is commit to 100% -no snitches-no nibbles- no handfuls. I've been eating the packets, the lunches, the dinners, but sneaking in a handful of crackers/chips here and there. I hereby declare myself: 100%! I have been dropping, but I have such a big way to go and I'd like to do it as quickly as possible.

It's inspiring to read that ya'll are sticking to your guns and fighting for freedom from fat. We will not be beaten!!!!!!!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #305  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Hello, fellow re-booters! Booter-buddies!
I outed myself on the 2010/2011 thread, but I'd like to participate in this thread as well. I lost 120...but have since gained back 60. Gah! I just can't believe how quickly it piles back on. If anyone could get paid for their ability to gain weight, I would surely be a multi-millionaire by now!

Anyway, I have been dabbling at IP since the 3rd. But, I know what I really need to do is commit to 100% -no snitches-no nibbles- no handfuls. I've been eating the packets, the lunches, the dinners, but sneaking in a handful of crackers/chips here and there. I hereby declare myself: 100%! I have been dropping, but I have such a big way to go and I'd like to do it as quickly as possible.

It's inspiring to read that ya'll are sticking to your guns and fighting for freedom from fat. We will not be beaten!!!!!!!

Welcome back Chalo. I remember you from late 2011 when I started. I initially lost 70 pounds and maintained well until well.... The rules faded away and my fun meals became fun days became fun weekends became fun weeks became a fun life. But I felt awful and gained back almost 55. Eek. Rebooting since 12/30. Scale moved great first week and stalled this week. Sigh. Anyway. Glad u r back.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:15 AM   #306  
Re-start IP 1/1/14

S/C/G: 190/169/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
hmmm with only 15-20 lbs to lose, I wonder if I too shouldn't cut back on the restricted items. Maybe once I get back down to 140, hopefully by the end of the month, I'll try that approach and cut them out.

What do you have in place of them? Just a shake?
Yep, shakes galore for me I'm alternating between Premier Protein vanilla and EAS cafe caramel. I'm not quite sick of them yet, but I definitely tell the difference between this go around and any of my last restart attempts.
Mom2Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #307  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
I really hope so, I've never seen the 140's, well actually the lowest was 137. So 125 is aiming quite high for me. But I need to give the plan 100% and see if I could get there. Afterall this is my wedding and I want to look my best. Being short sucks lol

What is the lowest you have reached in your weight loss journey?
I got down to 126 about a month after I reached my original goal, but couldn't maintain it. I was staying at 132 until I gained 18 lbs. now that I'm in Utah I am way more active than I was in Virgina, so I'm hoping I can maintain it this time around. Yes being short does suck! Good Luck with the wedding I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride!
Hockeymom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
So, what can we tell ourselves instead? Or plan?
Maybe it's time to give old comfort foods a fresh makeover so they'll be sustainable into maintenance
This week I've made chili, chicken soup, and a roast.
All low carb

It's time to give ourselves new, positive messages
Lisa, first let me say Love the new profile Pic, you look stunning!!

I have tried to do this as well, figuring the whole journey should be a slow preparation for maintenance. Thrown off by my surgery which messed with my head but now getting back on track to lose and go into maintenance properly. But I have pizza all the time utilizing the tomato basil bread as crust and veggie cheese, I make sandwiches making the Broccoli cheese into a flat bread. I try to eat what is considered normal food to me so I don't feel deprived. I try different alternative items so I have permanent replacements that will go into maintenance with me. Veggie cheese is one that will and WF's and many more. For me and the way my mind works this can't be a diet its got to be a life change. This takes work and conditioning my brain doesn't always want to go there LOL But I felt horrible when went back to eating whatever over the holidays. I truly felt the affects of sugar and carbs rushing and flooding the system, lazy, sluggish, depressing that speaks volumes to the body handling it for me. I never want to do that again

How are you doing with your reboot??
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 AM   #309  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Bread View Post
Hello everyone. I'm have my first reboot appointment on Wed morning. (I'm trying to get a start on my own before then.)

I lost 60 pounds with IP, 15 pounds short of my goal. Then stuff started happening....my coach quit, my job changed, my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Due to the awesome company I work for, I was able to stay with my parents for two months to help with his final days. I ate anything and everything! It didn't matter. My dad passed in October and now I'm putting my life/routine back in order. I now have about 40 pounds to get to my goal! I refuse to buy bigger clothes again.

I have never actually reached my weight goal in my life. So I've joined three chicks and have vowed to track my food this time. Hopefully these things will help push my all the way. My dad cheered me on, and I don't want to let him (or myself) down.

I'm new to the whole forum/threads thing. So if I screw something up, please forgive me.
Sorry for your loss!

Welcome!! I'm not as regular or as experienced as a lot of the other wonderful people encouraging others here. I commend those who stay so consistent with posting and following and supporting!! I play catch up most of the time. But this is the place to come for support, idea's, recipes, advise. I've found it to be incredibly awesome.

Thank you for sharing this journey with us!!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:06 AM   #310  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
Morning ladies-
Well I have made it to day 3 and been home where temptation is highest , at work I pack by food so ....if I did 't bring it ...then it does not exist.
When at home it is 3 meals a day ...and I am making for others things that are totally forbidden for me if I want t o stay OP.
So 3 days is a big deal for me ... Cuz we have freezer and a frig in the garage, Kitchen of course frig, and in the basement a kitchen .... So only safe zone is upstairs in my bedroom.
Last night I hid out there until 12am came and a new day started and I made it safely thru the day. I am having such a hard time building up momentum. Before I was rock solid could not even be tempted,now everything calls my name and reminds me it still here.
I keep telling myself I have done it before and been successful ..... I do love the holidays but I let myself go Hog wild and pig crazy and now I am paying the price.

Coffee bean congrats on day 8!

MaMaZu congrats on day 4!

Bellamack I too need to shop for some more veggies, I am a Red pepper girl eat them like an Apple, kind of burnt out on my go to Cukes, guess it is Broccoli for me ,I buy it from Costco in the large bags.
I need to Prep some meals so I don't have to think about what to eat.
Since I work nights my eating schedule is different then others so I will eat my largest meal during the day .
I watched Dr Ozzie last night on Own network and the Doctor said most important was to have a schedule and adhere to it , for me that is extremely helpful. Using the clock to tell me when I should eat otherwise I will eat even when not hungry and overeat mindlessly popping things into my mouth ....that really isn't something I truly wanted ....then searching for something that I do want to eat!
It is amazing once you let the Jack in the Box out...how difficult it can be shoving his little body back into the box...he just keeps popping out,
Have a great day and may we all have a firm resolve....until temptation forgets our name!
Roo2
Roo love the jack in the box reference, made me chuckle so true true!!! From August through October this journey for me was a breeze. I lost 3 to 4 lbs a week, wasn't hungry, wasn't tempted even though I live in a house of cooks and kids. I felt like I had my life change down pat. Then end of October had a bowel obstruction, hospital 10 days, no food that didn't come through a tube and boom, fixed released, "oh you can eat now" . Honestly at first I didn't know what to eat, can't be on the diet gotta heal, wasn't mentally prepared for maintenance, I went crazy. The glucose they gave me made me crave horrible. Love how you put it, I went HOG WILD LOL.

BUT THIS IS Day 8 trying to get back on and this is a different journey, my brain isn't in the same place THOSE VOICES are calling to me also this time. I'm struggling "BUT" it better get there because I will not take no for an answer. Time for the pity party to be over and get on the IP train!!! whoot whooot all aboard.........!!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #311  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I am also avoiding restricted during this reboot. Round one in 2010 I never had restricted and that worked for me. I have tried rebooting in the past and the weight came off very slow but I was having a restricted every day. This time I am not having any restricted and it seems to be working better for me. I think it depends on the individual person. A lot of people on the IP plan have a restricted every day and it does not slow their progress. It is up to the individual. Day 9 of my reboot.
Coffeebean, I am like you. My first go around if I had restricted every day I only lost 2 lbs a week, that wasn't good enough for me reading how well everyone else did. So I removed them and stayed at 3 to 4 a week like you said depends on the person and what they want.

I'm allowing restricted the first few weeks to wean myself off all the sugar cookies and will phase them out. See how that works.

I'm with "LISA" who once said something like I do not want to condition my body and mind to be use to a sweet treat everyday.

It is an individual journey for sure but glad we all share it!!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #312  

I'll have a restricted sometimes but not daily. I'm soy/gluten-free so the restricteds I can have are limited (Simply chips, Quest Bars) and they cause me cravings. The last thing I want is to crave more, especially with my history of binge eating. I worry about buying a box of any of them and so far I cannot find a local source to purchase single bags of Simply Chips. I occasionally go to GNC for a handful of Quest Bars. They're more expensive this way but much safer/saner for me.

I also know I cannot buy the ones I crave the most. I could eat a box of the chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Double Chocolate Chunk flavors. I just need to stay away from these.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Sometimes I crave something salty. I eat some radishes with sea sail. So far this has worked. I am not saying I am perfect just trying to help new IP people with suggestions.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #314  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone-
Well I am day 5 of Reboot and I feel much better, and I will be be jumping on the IP train!!
Just got home from work ,so need to unwind and eat and hit the sheets.... So excited I'm on my way to making a whole week!!
Have a Great Day,
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #315  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Sometimes I crave something salty. I eat some radishes with sea sail. So far this has worked. I am not saying I am perfect just trying to help new IP people with suggestions.
Coffeebean I will try that thanks, I find Vlasic cold Dill pickles works for the crunchy salty snack needed.