Old 01-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #166  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelbel1210 View Post
I bit the bullet and weighed myself. I had gained about 3 more pounds than I had "hoped" which makes it an 8 pound gain off my low. I have been on plan since Monday so I don't really know if I weighed more than this. I can only assume so. My husband always tells me to weigh right away so I can see that I am definitely losing but it truly depresses me. But now I am depressed anyway. I am going to weigh every morning from now on, so I can know for sure that this is working.
Kelly

Kelly
- I know the reality of stepping on the scale for the first time since falling off the wagon really sucks but you need to face the number at some point so why not do it and get it over with? I know how you feel, it makes me depressed too but I think that feeling could be used as a motivating force for the better. You're going to do this and you're going to be successful at it too! Just stay focused, arm yourself with IP friendly food and prepare, prepare, prepare ahead of time. And remember, we've all been there, you're not alone. So, focus on today and what's to come and try to forget about what's history..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wosmama View Post
rebooting myself. thanksgiving was a breeze but went to my sister's for christmas and she's a helluva baker. i did pretty well, sent supplements ahead of time, but fell off. by new years eve i was eating fast food. so yeah. been back on since 1/1 but scared to weigh.
wosmama - I've been in reboot mode, as well. It's tough but with every passing day you get stronger. I agree, T-giving wasn't an issue for me, it was tempting but I didn't cave until x-mas. I think it's important to step on the scale and face the number. You only have to do it that one time and then the days following will be more positive and encouraging. The truth stings but then the focus settles in.. If you really want it, you can have it. "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Question for All: I was told by my coach that Stevia (green leaf) is unlimited and I was averaging 3 to 4 lbs a week and I had 3 to 8 a day. I at first had the wrong Stevia sweetener and had an issue with hunger, that's when I realized I had the wrong one that had sucrose but the "grean leaf" is great and allowed unlimited
kcdoe - No Way!?!! Thank you for sharing this info. I don't know if I've seen the brand Green Leaf Stevia but now I'm going to look alive and try to my best to find it. I forget the brand name of the stevia that I have but, super interesting that there's a difference. Again, THANKS!!
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #167  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post
Hey there, Thanks for the reach out. Our stats are similar. We can do this. I am in this for the long haul and to finally get to goal and learn to live at maintenance. It has to be hard on the body to go up and down in weight like I do.
Awesome! We will get there. I am going to stay on phase 1 until middle of feb, then phase off. I am getting married in March and my fitting is in feb, I don't want my weight to change a bunch in between my fitting and the wedding so i thought it would be best to start phasing off, and then hit it again and get to my ultimate goal after the honeymoon! who knows maybe even get a gym membership! Last time I got down to 165 I realized how much more I enjoyed exercising because there wasn't so much of me to carry, and so much less jiggling! I know we are gonna rock this
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:31 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! I am so glad to see this post and know that I am not the only one that has struggled the past few weeks. I was fine through Thanksgiving, and have stayed generally on plan, but have noticed myself picking at things I know I am not supposed to be eating more often than I had been. I haven't gained any weight, but my losses have been SLOW, if at all. I am SO CLOSE to goal that I really want to finish strong. Hopefully getting back on 3FC and back on plan will get me through! Happy New Year everyone
amt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:24 AM   #169  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hi All,

I am back home and went grocery shopping and braved the scale.. I am happy it hasn't gone up, but hasn't gone down either.. excited to be back OP and get losing some weight again...I am going to be doing all alternatives and weighing in Thursdays..Looking forward to getting to know everyone and support everyone the best I can.. I really want to focus on trying different recipes.. so if anyone else is trying some you like please share and I will do the same.. Cheers.
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #170  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Hi All,

I am back home and went grocery shopping and braved the scale.. I am happy it hasn't gone up, but hasn't gone down either.. excited to be back OP and get losing some weight again...I am going to be doing all alternatives and weighing in Thursdays..Looking forward to getting to know everyone and support everyone the best I can.. I really want to focus on trying different recipes.. so if anyone else is trying some you like please share and I will do the same.. Cheers.
Yay Clarington!!! Good for you for braving the scale and facing it head-on. I know it's a drag but it's only bad for that moment and then you have to brush the rest off and move forth... Easier said then done, eh? Sounds like you had a pleasant surprise and that's grrrrreat. Good for you re: no weight gain and staying current, especially during the holidays - that's a ginormous fete and you should remember this moment; you've got a lot of courage!
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #171  

KareVT-
Thanks for the support. I like to weigh daily and plot my weights so I can see the trend. Weight was the same today. I am really surprised. When this happens I get scared that this is not working for me. I know it was only yesterday to today but thought I would see something. This worries me since I did so well yesterday. There is no other choice though. I will keep going and keep weighing each morning now. Thx

Kelly
Kelbel1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Its good to read that others struggle at times too! My hardest time is just before that time of the month! I could eat cardboard I'm sure! Lol! But, I keep telling myself that once I'm maintaining, I have to learn self control and if I'm practicing it now, it will be easier then! Easier said than done sometimes!! But, this time I'm trying to focus on the maintenance and not get lazy like I did last time. Its a mental game for me sometimes. But, I watch my friends that are slim and haven't had weight issues and they watch everything they eat most of them time. I want to do the same and this program is so good at teaching me to eat well most of the time, not to say that I don't look forward to those 'cheat' days! Lol! We can do it! Its worth it!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Cheat days in maintenance I mean! Staying 100% for now in Phase 1!
Hawaii69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Picky People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcompton View Post
Its good to read that others struggle at times too! My hardest time is just before that time of the month! I could eat cardboard I'm sure! Lol! But, I keep telling myself that once I'm maintaining, I have to learn self control and if I'm practicing it now, it will be easier then! Easier said than done sometimes!! But, this time I'm trying to focus on the maintenance and not get lazy like I did last time. Its a mental game for me sometimes. But, I watch my friends that are slim and haven't had weight issues and they watch everything they eat most of them time. I want to do the same and this program is so good at teaching me to eat well most of the time, not to say that I don't look forward to those 'cheat' days! Lol! We can do it! Its worth it!
On of the things I advocate is stitting back and quietly paying attention to the "Picky People" and what they eat when you are around them. You want to be known as "Picky"...not the "one on a diet"! And yes...the slim ones are really far and few between that are not making effort daily to make consciously good choices in what goes in their mouths...and how much.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Joysh:awesome maintenance !!! I just checked out your pics wow you look incredible! Love the discipline !!!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

I am so glad to be back on p1, after a 4 week phasing off to Maintenance I had lost near 50 lbs and was feeling so wonderful, then came Christmas, the baking, the alcohol, all the carbs, Yes, I admit I am up!! I went back to Phase 1 Jan 2 2014. I am on Day3 currently feeling a little hungry but I know I must eat more lettuce. It feels so much better to be back like an old friend. I was 100% IP and know this is what I must do to lose the rest of my weight and then do a successful maintenance. I am now moving on taking as it comes and not worry about it so much.. I plan on posting a lot to support and receive support! Happy New Year Everyone
Chinookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

I do want to ask how everyone is doing on their reboot re physically? I was okay the first 3 days of the first go round and then hit the wall at day 4. It took me about 2 weeks to feel much better. I am hoping that I won't feel carb detox as badly this time. Anyone else wondering?
Chinookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #178  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
On of the things I advocate is stitting back and quietly paying attention to the "Picky People" and what they eat when you are around them. You want to be known as "Picky"...not the "one on a diet"! And yes...the slim ones are really far and few between that are not making effort daily to make consciously good choices in what goes in their mouths...and how much.
Thanks 65. This is a very good observation. It's easy sometimes to look around and think that struggles with weight are so "easy" for others, especially if they are thin. Perhaps, as you observe, it would be more productive to actually pay keen attention to their habits. I've always been proud not to be a picky eater but perhaps I need to reassess. a strategy for the long term...
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Thanks 65. This is a very good observation. It's easy sometimes to look around and think that struggles with weight are so "easy" for others, especially if they are thin. Perhaps, as you observe, it would be more productive to actually pay keen attention to their habits. I've always been proud not to be a picky eater but perhaps I need to reassess. a strategy for the long term...
LOL... We all need new (long sleeved) T-shirts for January that are imprinted with-
"My New Year's Resolution...
Proud2BPicky!"

Last edited by 65X65; 01-05-2014 at 02:45 PM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #180  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
On of the things I advocate is stitting back and quietly paying attention to the "Picky People" and what they eat when you are around them. ..."My New Year's Resolution...
Proud2BPicky!":
Hi 65X65! Yes, I agree. I have a good friend who is a professional dancer and choreographer. I often watch how she eats, although she's currently on a gluten-free, additive-free diet, so that would count as a "picky" eater. But even eating normally, I've watched her for many years. She eats little amounts and moves a LOT! But she allows herself a cookie from time to time - and can eat only one or two cookies and then put the package away. I was never able to do that in the past.

Now I eat two cookies and throw the rest in the garbage - quickly! Ah, well. Still can't keep open cookies in my house, so I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Joysh:awesome maintenance !!! I just checked out your pics wow you look incredible! Love the discipline !!!
Thanks, kcdoe! I'm looking forward to this reboot. I will start tomorrow. Thought it might be today, but I only have 2 packets of breakfast in my cupboard and I'm not sure I'll get to the clinic tomorrow. I know I'll get there on Tuesday, so it's tomorrow (Monday) for me! That means I'll go through the initial week of adjustment when I'm back in school, but not yet teaching. I think that will be just fine.

Happy day to you all!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote