Old 01-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #136  

I must admit, I'm kind of doing an Adkins/IP combo. I'm trying to use more real food instead and keep the packets for snacks/sweet cravings (I'm trying to cut down on the soy) My fat intake is higher but I've managed to stay away from sugar and carb loaded food for 3 days! Haven't made it this far in the last 4 attempts at a reboot. It was hard today because it's my birthday (which always sucks) and I'd love some cake
Today I still feel hungry and tired but I'm proud I resisted the urge to say, "F it I'll restart tomorrow" Hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow.
Keep on chuggin everybody

Last edited by Ugh73; 01-03-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Hello Rebooters! My name is Holly and I did IP from April 2012-Dec 2012 and lost 63 pounds. Life and gaining a new foster child with a severe disability made me lose my self control and I am up almost 20 pounds. Hard to admit because I did so well and was so focused the first time around. Oh, well. I promised myself I would NEVER see 200 again so I am here to keep my promise to myself. I am on day 2 and doing well, hungry, but in control.

Edit: Updated my signature (ugh) Did NOT enjoy doing that!

Welcome back. There are a few of us from back then. I lost 70 and finished in April 2012. Did well for awhile but then there was always an excuse. So here I am and up almost 50. Sigh. Today is day 5.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #138  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Yay...I'm done with day 2. Not feeling too bad. Mostly just a slight headache. But I don't feel quite as bloated as I had been either nor as hungry as I expected to be. So that's good news. Looking forward to day 3 and continuing to feel more healthy each day.

Nice to see so many familiar faces here. Wishing you all the motivation to stay on plan.
cbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 238/185/175

Height: 5'8"

Diana B
Thanks . Our stats are similar. Are you starting for the first time?
I live in Bonney Lake. I originally started IP in June 2012, lost 65 pounds reached goal in February and managed to maintain until September. I went on a leave of absence to care for my husband who was recovering from brain tumor surgery. I gained 15 pounds back. The best thing I ever did was get rid of my big clothes. I mean ALL of them except one very large pain of jeans. When it was time on December 4 to return to work..I had no clothes to wear. Decided to do something and called my coach and met with her on the 20th, started again. Doing IP was the best thing I could ever have done for myself. And getting right back at it once the weight crept back is easy knowing it will soon be gone.
Sousch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:17 PM   #140  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

UGH. I suck. I just had a couple handfuls of pita chips, some beef jerky and some sugar free ice cream...why do I do that?!??!?! It is so not worth the guilt after. Tomorrow I will be stronger than the cravings in the evenings!!!!!!!!!!! So much for ketosis for another few days!!
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:08 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

ugh end of day two for me and not feeling great tonight, definitely suffering from carb withdrawals, headache and light headedness. Looks like it's going to be an early night.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #142  
Stargazer3d

S/C/G: 242/202/150

Height: 5'5''

New to this site, trying to figure it out. I was doing IP and then went astray during the holidays.Gained some..... Now back on track. Day 2 down and still on track.
Stargazer3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:31 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
UGH. I suck. I just had a couple handfuls of pita chips, some beef jerky and some sugar free ice cream...why do I do that?!??!?! It is so not worth the guilt after. Tomorrow I will be stronger than the cravings in the evenings!!!!!!!!!!! So much for ketosis for another few days!!
I suck with you!!! First time I did this I was focused and didn't cheat at all ;( two months off and my Brian is fighting me on the return ;( day one I had an extra IP in the form of a vanilla bar and day 2 I did it again and ate peanut butter fudge left from Christmas OMG.

Ok day 3, I threw the fudge in the trash. I've had my wild time now time to get real and stay there! I want this and I feel great being down 45 lbs I want to be under 200 and stay there!!!!!!!! Day 3 starts 100% on IP
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:39 AM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousch View Post
I had my first weigh in since I rebooted on 12-20 and I have lost 8.3 pounds. i am so glad that I did not wait until after the new year to begin my reboot like my friends suggested...just get in that last goodie....well I have a better goodie that comes in the form of 8.3 pounds gone forever!
Awesome job anxious for the first full week on target for weigh in. For me that will be next Monday hoping for as great as 8 lbs wow great job!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
Looks like everyone is staying on plan!!! GOOD JOB EVERYONE! Day 3 almost done for me. Got on the scale this morning and was down 3Lbs.. (its probably water, but I will take it)
Had a rough afternoon... wanted to snack, but I went and made the green tea.. and that helped me get to dinner. Thank goodness..lol
congrats snickers 1lb a day sweet, I'd be thrilled water or not
Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Woke up in the middle of the night with awful leg cramps, immediately remembered I forgot my sea salt yesterday. That won't happen again. This is day 3 of my reboot. Feels so good to eat healthy and not eat junk. Have a successful IP day.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 205/199/160

I started Jan 3 gained about 12 lbs since Thanksgiving so have to get it back off but wold like to lose about 25 lbs so I am in also. I am also on Spark People and the have a 7 week challenge I am doing. They give me exercises to do everyday and I really want to track my food. If I can do both of those I can stay on track. Good Luck to all I know we can all do it!!!
Allisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #148  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hi All,

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start! I plan to reboot tomorrow, I haven't been home and heading home today.. so will get some groceries (doing alternatives) and weigh myself tomorrow morning.. not looking forward to that..
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Good morning all. Hugs to those struggling. Today is day 6 and I'm in the groove, I hope. Enjoying my premier protein and coffee "faux latte" with a big cup of tea and my water bottle. Does anyone else feel like they "slosh" when they walk from all the liquid?? I just realized this breakfast is over 2 liters!!! Lol.

Enjoying a rare day off. Swim practice with the kiddo and groceries but mostly pretty mellow. Yay.

Starting to again look at my relationship with sugar. It is toxic to me. I know this. By day 3 on IP I have resolution of fibromyalgia pain. I know this also. I know that eating carbs hurts. It is the stupid addiction that tells my brain that this time it will be different. A little bite won't hurt. Arrrggghhh!!! Carbs for me is an addiction and this needs to be treated(for me) like any other addiction. First detox. (Ugh). Then working through it day by day with good support, meditation, and prayer. I thank you all for being here for me.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Good morning all. Hugs to those struggling. Today is day 6 and I'm in the groove, I hope. Enjoying my premier protein and coffee "faux latte" with a big cup of tea and my water bottle. Does anyone else feel like they "slosh" when they walk from all the liquid?? I just realized this breakfast is over 2 liters!!! Lol.

Enjoying a rare day off. Swim practice with the kiddo and groceries but mostly pretty mellow. Yay.

Starting to again look at my relationship with sugar. It is toxic to me. I know this. By day 3 on IP I have resolution of fibromyalgia pain. I know this also. I know that eating carbs hurts. It is the stupid addiction that tells my brain that this time it will be different. A little bite won't hurt. Arrrggghhh!!! Carbs for me is an addiction and this needs to be treated(for me) like any other addiction. First detox. (Ugh). Then working through it day by day with good support, meditation, and prayer. I thank you all for being here for me.
I had to look specifically at gluten. What a game changer! Off gluten, there are very few aches and pains for me (or migraines). Sugar, too but gluten was HUGE.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-04-2014 at 12:11 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote