Restart/reboot starting Jan 1,2014....

You're on Page 8 of 35
Go to
  • Day 2 complete. . Thank goodness for green tea.. always curbs my hunger pains... I am happy to see our group is growing. Keep up the good work.. we can get thru this first week!!
    Kelbel- when you get that urge.. grab water or tea.. then wait 10 min.... and see if you still have that urge.. before you cheat.. hang in there.
  • Thanks ya'll. I kinda hate to say this, but I am glad to be back!!!! I am once again doing alternatives and on my own, but I have everyone here to keep me going. We all know what it takes, how to do it and how to encourge and keep one another going and we know that we are not alone in this. We have done it once bbefore and we can and WILL do it again. The whole year I was off plan and eating everything in sight I was knew I was eating wrong and I kept giving in to that little voice inside that kept telling me that it was okay to eat that, you can always start back tomorrow. It lied!!!!! I wasn't happy like I thought I was because I was out of control. I was happiest when I was on this plan and in control.
  • Hello all, I'm back for another round of IP, the 2nd and final round! I started in August '12 and proceeded to lose over 90 lbs. I stalled through this past summer and fall, and really started to slip hard and fast by this past October. I was dealing with very severe dental pain for way too long, it really affected me mentally and left me exhausted. That's resolved now, and I'm so ready to get back in control. I hate feeling like this, and now I know just how much those darn carbs control me if I let them.

I haven't been on a scale for a couple months, but I know tomorrow isn't going to be pretty. I'm looking forward to getting back OP 100%, feeling great, losing weight, and enjoying the NSVs along the way! I know I need to stick with my buddies here, and I'm so glad to see some "familiar faces" - we're in this together - let's do it!!!
  • Started Phase 1 today Looking to drop about 10 to get back to goal. Too many holiday cookies! Good luck to all of you. Day one done!
  • Quote: Hello all, I'm back for another round of IP, the 2nd and final round! I started in August '12 and proceeded to lose over 90 lbs. I stalled through this past summer and fall, and really started to slip hard and fast by this past October. I was dealing with very severe dental pain for way too long, it really affected me mentally and left me exhausted. That's resolved now, and I'm so ready to get back in control. I hate feeling like this, and now I know just how much those darn carbs control me if I let them.

I haven't been on a scale for a couple months, but I know tomorrow isn't going to be pretty. I'm looking forward to getting back OP 100%, feeling great, losing weight, and enjoying the NSVs along the way! I know I need to stick with my buddies here, and I'm so glad to see some "familiar faces" - we're in this together - let's do it!!!
    Welcome back, I remember you
  • I'm back! I hit my goal weight in late October and phased off for the holidays. I planned to do Phase 4, then eat what I wanted for a week or so over Christmas and then do Phase 1 for 4 to 6 weeks. So far so good.

When I started, 143 pounds sounded like Heaven! But when I got here, I was surprised how much fat I still had around the middle. That's why I'm going for Round 2. I really think I can get down to 135 this time. Plus, I need to prove to myself that it wasn't a fluke. I can lose weight anytime I want. I know how to do this now.
  • So glad to see familiar faces and all the new ones as well. We can do this. Just ending day 4 and it got a little weird. Was hungry on arrival home only to find DH had forgotten to thaw the steak. Aargh!!! So I had my snack at 530 and dinner at 630. In retrospect would only have had half of snack before supper and then half later for"dessert". Oh well. A little hungry now so I will just go to bed!!!
  • Thank you I'm reading every entry and filling up with "I'm not alone"
    2much2do I'm there with you want to know I can just kick it back into gear!!!!

This is day 2. Day 1 I had an extra bar but did good other then that! Night munches is always my challenge!!

Good luck to us all and those in Maryland be safe it's a snowy icy mess here!!
  • 2 feet of snow here in Mass! My husband and I both got work canceled and of course the kids are home from school.

I found it interesting that I am not the only one afraid to see how much weight I gained from being off-plan. I plan to face the music Sunday with a whole week under my belt. It is hard with everyone cooped up in the house all day too. But my husband is trying to eat healthy too (not IP though) so that makes it easier. Have my meals for the day all mapped out. Stay warm, East Coasters!!

Kelly
  • Good morning all. Today is day 5 for me and ketosis hit big time overnight. Energetic and icky breath. Was planning on a phase 2 day due to life events but decided to forgo the omelet at my meeting this morning for a shake!!

I also did not weigh on day 1 due to fear but forced it on day 2. Today I am down 3 pounds from there so I will take it and stay P1 today. Scale can be a great motivator. Or worst enemy.
  • I am back too. My wife has started with me, this morning she had all kinds of good questions and even called me a while ago with more questions, I love it! I will encourage her to join here tonight!
  • Day 3 cravings. I am STARVED!!!! Time to refill the water bottle - again. People have mentioned green tea. I have never been much of a tea drinker but just might have to try it.

I'm also freezing - brr it is COLD. I always crave hot, cheesy, casserole type meals - mama's cooking - when I am cold.
  • Quote: I am back too. My wife has started with me, this morning she had all kinds of good questions and even called me a while ago with more questions, I love it! I will encourage her to join here tonight!
    Welcome back Vet and welcome to your wife as well. happy new year.
  • Reboot begins today. I lost 35 and have regained 15 since April. I would like to lose at least another 25. Looking for recipes to plan meals. Lack of planning is why I am the size I am. I don't think about eating until I'm starving and then I grab the easiest junk I can find. I will be traveling every-other weekend with a group of 30 or so. Meals are at weird times and wherever the group decides so planning is a MUST. It really makes getting enough protein difficult.
  • It's good to see a lot of familiar names. This is the place to come for inspiration. Day 3 and I'm pushing forward. Kinda sad that my spring/summer clothes don't fit. I refuse to buy bigger considering I got rid of them all. Time to focus.