Old 01-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning I Peeps!

Nilouve - I didn't realize that Nashua Nutrition won't ship to Canada. That sux!
I'm actually experimenting with more natural foods and less reliance on packets for some things. For example - beef jerky has 90 calories, under 3 carbs and 10 grams of protein per serving (not accounting for salt, etc) whereas many restricted "snacks" have over 130 calories, 12-13 carbs, and 9-12 grams of protein. To me, I'd rather have fewer carbs and feel more fulfilled with all natural ingredients. Anyway, it's just a thought and something I may experiment with. Any thoughts, ladies?
Based on what I've read here some of the U.S. websites will ship to Canada but by the time you pay shipping (and sometimes Customs-that part's not consistent) you're back to an IP-like cost for your food"

Im also trying a little more natural foods this time-1 egg + egg whites and veggies for lunch, but I do like to begin my day with a protein shake.

Congrats on the weight loss, you're off to a great "re-start"
Nilouve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #407  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Morning everyone-
Well I am happy to report this reboot is progressing along nicely.

I am able to prepare meals for the family and not take a forbidden bite.
I would be a Liar to say that I am not tempted it by it but my Willpower has finally decided to make it's appearance known so the little voice whispering in my ear that says go on no one will ever know....the other voice is telling me you'll know and that 's the most important thing .....lSo I am listening to the Angel that whispers in my ear and helps keep me on the straight and narrow.
I will forever be surrounded my food and temptation in my home ...that is a personal choice I have made for me .... I have a lot of dietary restrictions I need to adhere to .... But I feel it would be unfair to them to live this way due to my lack of self control.
The key for me to be successful is to not be envy others that are able to indulge without out consequences but to accept the hand I'm dealt and continue in the game.
Good luck everyone and may we all reach and achieve what we think success looks like to us,
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilouve View Post
but I do like to begin my day with a protein shake.
:
me too! Even when I was completely off program, I still had my HealthSmart flavored protein cocoas in my morning coffee. I don't think I'll ever give them up completely.
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #409  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Hello all, great to see everyones successes. I had my 1st weigh in last night. Down 4 lbs which is surprising since I shorted myself a day and had 2 beers at the Jazz game Monday nite. I'm sticking to the program now. No more cheats. I've mapped out my plan until St. Patrick's day. Two pounds a week will put me below goal, if I change it to 125. That's so doable.
Hockeymom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #410  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilouve View Post
I'm with you there! Day 4 of my reboot and the headaches seem to be over, it's so good to be OP and in ketosis.

As far as a WI day, did you record your weight the morning of your first 100% OP? If so, that's what I would pick as a start date and have my first week as an odd number of days, if necessary. For example, I started on Monday but I prefer Wednesdays to be my "official" WI days so my first week will be a 9 day "week".

Congratulations on being back 100%, let's stick together!
Have a great OP day, everyone!
WoOt, w0ot on getting into ketosis! I did *not* record on my first day back, as I was sort of sliding into it. I was in complete denial about how much I'd gained and afraid of the scale. I know I saw the number 212 one day, so I am using that as my starting weight. But as for the day...I was too chicken and not quite fully committed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning I Peeps!
Just a quick check in ... I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 3.5! Not bad for not even being in ketosis yet! I think I just was really full, or something the morning I did my initial start-up weigh in.

Chalo - I like Thursday as a weigh in day. It's the day I used during maintenance, well, when I was actually trying to maintain. My reasoning was that it was before any weekend damage, and enough days after the weekend to regulate back to maintenance weight. (Knowing that I get really sad when the scale didn't reflect what I wanted it to.) So, I've kept that day, which is why I weighed in today, even though I'm not back in ketosis yet.

Nilouve - I didn't realize that Nashua Nutrition won't ship to Canada. That sux!
?
Yippee for the loss!

Okay, I like your reasoning. But since I missed this morning, I think I will take Friday as my WI day.

Feeling good today. Maybe a little crotchety, but I remember that from the first time around. It balanced out after a while.
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
Hello all, great to see everyones successes. I had my 1st weigh in last night. Down 4 lbs which is surprising since I shorted myself a day and had 2 beers at the Jazz game Monday nite. I'm sticking to the program now. No more cheats. I've mapped out my plan until St. Patrick's day. Two pounds a week will put me below goal, if I change it to 125. That's so doable.

that's awesome, congrats, I can't wait to be in the 130's
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Nashua Nutrition does ship to Canada, it was where I bought most of my food first round. But the shipping is very expensive and sometimes you have to pay duty on it too, but that seems to be hit or miss.

Last edited by patns; 01-18-2014 at 05:49 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #413  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone-
Was up early watching Dr.Oz and he had a Doctor who was a nutritionist that was talking about reving up your metabolism and it was very interesting info.

Can't believe it is Friday already.
Does anyone here tried adding IF to their maintaince/ diet plan? And if you did ...was or is it helpful to you?
I work 12 1/2 hours plus long commute so I am easily away from home for 16 hours on Somedays....so I was thinking about trying to incorporate it into my lifestyle . Thinking maybe for my family and friends it might make get togethers less uncomfortable for everyone, what do you think?
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #414  

Well, I slipped up. A very emotional day led to a few cocktails which led to a filet-o-fish. At least I took off the top bun, lol. Last time I did this diet I craved them too. I think it's because I used to eat them as a kid and it's a kind of comfort food for me.
I am down another couple pounds though, so yay! Back to salads and shakes today.
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #415  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

I have been so busy at work this week I haven't had time to read anything on here.
I am down 2lbs after only 5 days from my last WI, so I'm thrilled about that. Another 12lb to reach my mini goal.
How is everyone doing?
Ugh73 I have slipped many many times, don't give up.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #416  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Day 13 of my reboot. Down 4 lbs but scale has been jumping up and down due to my lack of planning which results in a few sabotage moments.

I am really enjoying the posts and shared struggles. We all have had success on IP and gained back some We recognize that this is a long-term battle with our weight. Many of us share our carb sensitivity and the challenge when we re-introduce those trigger foods. It is really great for me to see that challenge with others, it helps me forgive myself and stay committed to getting back on track. Thank you.

Weekend are the toughest for me, I am going to try to read posts everytime I want to nibble
workingit50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

Weigh in today... down another 5 pounds! I love bootcamp protocol, love the results
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #418  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

What is a bootcamp protocol?
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #419  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

kdspirited
Bootcamp protocol is when you replace the dinner protein with two packets.
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanneXo90 View Post
kdspirited
Bootcamp protocol is when you replace the dinner protein with two packets.
Thank you. I started on the 6th and lost 2.8 lbs but this week I have been at or up .5 to 1lbs. Its very discouraging. I am trying to not be. Maybe Ill try this and see if it will move the scale along
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote