Restart/reboot starting Jan 1,2014....

You're on Page 25 of 35
Go to
  • Mmmmmm. That crunchy celery in my salad is sooo delicious!

Hi everyone!
    It's day 8 of my reboot. I've only lost 2 and a half pounds this first week, but the clothes are getting more comfortable. I know if I stick with it these few pounds will come right off.

Quote: Good morning everyone! I have been on P1 for one week, weighed myself this morning and I am down 8LBS!!! WOOT WOOT.]
    Fantastic! Congrats Kamkar!!

Quote: I love rutabagas, I usually make it into soup, but I also found a pudding recipe. Great as fries too. I. too, never even would have tried it if it wasn't for IP.
    I love my rutabagas also. I always bake them with evoo, and s and p. I slice them or make fries. Learned it on 3fc! When they were moved to restricted status I was about finished with P1.

Quote: So, this is where you all come in. I need to get involved again with the 3FC community!! Thanks for listening.
    Hi Lynnie! Welcome back. You can do this - and it's great to do it when it's 20 to lose, not 50. At any rate, you CAN do it!

Can't remember who asked about maintenance, but I maintained from April to October, then a few pounds starting coming back. During the summer I swam at least 3x a week. I'm not as good about the gym, so I think that exercise makes all the difference in our metabolism and keeping it off. I'm going to go back to the gym also. I like to be 5-6 pounds under my goal weight and that will make me happy.

As far as maintenance, I pretty much stuck to P4. On rare occasions I deviated, but for the most part I stuck to it and kept my carbs and sugars to a minimum. I did, and still do, though, have my one restricted every afternoon. It's often a Zone bar or the Choc soy puffs and it keeps me very happy and not so hungry because of the protein.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • [QUOTE=ColoradoCarol;4918390]Yes rutabaga is a restricted veggie. I was disappointed - but it will be a special treat[/

I did not know it was moved to the restricted group. Personally I'm following the old sheet. I lost 56 lbs on it, so I see no need to change. It's not like I eat it everyday anyway.
  • Quote: I know, I wouldn't of either. I find if I pan fry them they're bitter but baking them took the bitterness out. They literally tasted like sweet potatoes last night. Will have to make these more often. Do you know if they're restricted veggie?

how do you like the pudding? does it have a consistency like rice pudding? is it IP phase I approved? if so, can I please have the recipe?
    I found it in the Thanksgiving recipe thread. Its like a soft pudding. Here it is.
    1 whole large rutabaga, peeled and cubed. I boiled it in about 1 cup of water with some vanilla and splenda. I also added whole allspice. Once soft, I drained the liquid and kept it aside, pureed the rutabaga and added back to the stove. I added more splenda and to the reserve liquid, 1 vanilla drink mix. Stir to combine and add your favorite pumpkin spice mix. I used cinnamon, all spice, ground ginger and nutmeg. I added a pinch of sea salt to round out the flavors. If I had some IP marshmallow dip. The result was a thick, pud-dingy consistency.
    I also used some WF pancake syrup for the Splenda. I use that when I make soup out of it too.
  • OH wow, that sounds really really good. I must try that. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Hey everyone, haven't posted for awhile. I had some questions as to what the bootcamp protocol is.

The Bootcamp Protocol is 5 packets a day instead of the 3 (or 4 depends on your weight), to replace to dinner protein.

Breakfast - packet
    Lunch - packet + veggies + lettuce
    Dinner - 2 packets +veggies + lettuce
    Snack - packet

Get in the minimum 10 glasses of water and stick to lower carb veggies.

The loss you get is great. I weighed in one week and was down 8 pounds and then another week down 7.6 - and this was not at the beginning of my program, but half way through. It's good to switch it up I feel, it surprises your body and your body drops drastically, in my experience that is.
  • Day 2 of reboot and I feel like crap. There's just no other way to put it. Yesterday around 2pm I got really nauseous and shaky and dizzy, and then I got a terrible migraine. I was white-knuckling the steering wheel for my entire 40 min drive home from work and almost had to pull over a few times to throw up. It was difficult to eat dinner because of the nausea, but I knew that I would feel better once I ate - It took about 30 min, but I did feel better for the most part. I still have that lingering migraine, though.

I meant to go to the grocery store after work yesterday to pick up some fresh veggies, but due to the wanting to crawl out of my skin, that didn't happen. So I ate what I had on hand for dinner - sugar snap peas, which I know are a no-no. I'm hoping that didn't set me back too badly.

I don't remember feeling this bad the first time around and I'm not sure I would've made it past day 1 if I did. But I know this is temporory, so I WILL stick to it. I'm determined to get the rest of the weight off this time. Can't wait for ketosis.

Sorry for the negativity. I know it'll get better and reading about everyone's success keeps me motivated.
  • Quote: Day 2 of reboot and I feel like crap. There's just no other way to put it. Yesterday around 2pm I got really nauseous and shaky and dizzy, and then I got a terrible migraine. I was white-knuckling the steering wheel for my entire 40 min drive home from work and almost had to pull over a few times to throw up. It was difficult to eat dinner because of the nausea, but I knew that I would feel better once I ate - It took about 30 min, but I did feel better for the most part. I still have that lingering migraine, though.

I meant to go to the grocery store after work yesterday to pick up some fresh veggies, but due to the wanting to crawl out of my skin, that didn't happen. So I ate what I had on hand for dinner - sugar snap peas, which I know are a no-no. I'm hoping that didn't set me back too badly.

I don't remember feeling this bad the first time around and I'm not sure I would've made it past day 1 if I did. But I know this is temporory, so I WILL stick to it. I'm determined to get the rest of the weight off this time. Can't wait for ketosis.

Sorry for the negativity. I know it'll get better and reading about everyone's success keeps me motivated.
    Knowing you have such an upfront reaction is surely scarey and a bit discerning. May I suggest if you are driving, you add an extra drink packet for the next few days...and drink it in the hour prior to your drive? Stay safe! Be careful until you adjust.
  • Quote: Knowing you have such an upfront reaction is surely scarey and a bit discerning. May I suggest if you are driving, you add an extra drink packet for the next few days...and drink it in the hour prior to your drive? Stay safe! Be careful until you adjust.
    That's a great idea - thanks! I keep a couple of boxes of packets in my desk, so I think I'll have an extra packet today and see how I feel. The drive home was definitely scary and not something I want to do again.
  • Good morning Friends!
    I feel like this thread was meant for me! I only wish I had gotten on board a week or two ago so that I'd be experiencing success already, as so many of you are. (Congrats!)
    I recognize many names and faces, several were my go-to Guru's (Rissimo, swimcoachmomma, lizRR, New Englander, Bellamach, Patns, Lisa, Vet...just to name a few) and am heartened to know that I am not alone in my struggles. I lost a total of 39lbs on IP, and have gained back 21 of it!!! omgg!
    I have attempted to recommit a few times - in fact even posted about it - but have not as yet been able to get back into ketosis. I'm feeling frustrated, disappointed, weak and fat with myself! I really, really need your shout outs and support. I check in almost every day, but if I get quiet it's because I'm backsliding.
    Anyway, this morning is a fresh new commitment.
    Breakfast was a Healthsmart mocha cocoa packet in coffee,
    I'm nibbling on green peppers now
    Lunch will be a salad
    Afternoon snack will be Dill Zippers (probably)
    not sure what exactly is for dinner yet, but I know it will be lean protein and veggies.
    I can't wait to start feeling better again!
    Wishing everyone a great OP day!
  • Quote: That's a great idea - thanks! I keep a couple of boxes of packets in my desk, so I think I'll have an extra packet today and see how I feel. The drive home was definitely scary and not something I want to do again.
    Please be careful driving! Another thing I recently found helpful...the fruity drinks (which i only used last summer blended with ice in the evening are actually great mixed in 1/2 amount of water recommended... mixed with a cup of green decaf tea then gently reheated. The orange drink is esp good in orange spice tea (Bieglow). This gives you a latte sized tea (!!)....nice to sip on before you hit the road.
  • Quote: Good morning Friends!
    I feel like this thread was meant for me! I lost a total of 39lbs on IP, and have gained back 21 of it!!! omgg!
    I have attempted to recommit a few times - in fact even posted about it - but have not as yet been able to get back into ketosis. I'm feeling frustrated, disappointed, weak and fat with myself! I really, really need your shout outs and support. I check in almost every day, but if I get quiet it's because I'm backsliding.
    I can't wait to start feeling better again!
    Wishing everyone a great OP day!
    Dakin - I spent much of November and part of December struggling just like you mentioned. I never really binged or went whole hog, but I was challenged to try to get back on track 100% or even 90%.

I never gave up, though. That to me would be my failure because it is so important to get my health and weight under control - age is a factor in that being a priority.

What I did was to change my approach - I had to change it up to let my mind become truly committed. Even though I hated the idea of joining a gym because I had lots of fear, I did it. Even when I had to go for the first time, I was still fearful and unsure.

I worried (I'm a professional at this one) - would I know what to do, would there be lots of young, hard bodies there, did I have any clothes that would fit that I could wear...on and on. I somehow screwed up the courage to go that first time and it made all the difference mentally. Eventually that mentally changed to physically, too, as I could feel the difference.

So, I am not saying that the gym is the answer, Dakin, but it there something you can do to change your routine so that you can kick yourself back on to the program?
  • Joy- that is so scary! I'm glad you made it back okay. Did it happen the first time too? I wonder if you are coming down with something. I hope it was just a fluke thing and your body is getting adjusted. Definitely don't feel bad about adding an extra packet if you need it. That's not cheating- it's getting by and being smart about your approach! Feel better.
  • Quote: Joy- that is so scary! I'm glad you made it back okay. Did it happen the first time too? I wonder if you are coming down with something. I hope it was just a fluke thing and your body is getting adjusted. Definitely don't feel bad about adding an extra packet if you need it. That's not cheating- it's getting by and being smart about your approach! Feel better.
    That's what I don't understand. Besides feeling like I was starving until I went into ketosis my first time around, I had no scary symptoms like this. I'm thinking it was a particularly bad sugar crash, because I felt so much better after I ate. When I'm not doing low-carb/IP I've always gotten a little nauseous when I'm hungry. This morning so far, I have a little bit of the lingering migraine and maybe a little dizzyness, but other than that I'm fine. I'll take it over what I felt yesterday We'll see how I feel this afternoon. Thanks for the concern
  • Quote: Hey everyone, haven't posted for awhile. I had some questions as to what the bootcamp protocol is.

The Bootcamp Protocol is 5 packets a day instead of the 3 (or 4 depends on your weight), to replace to dinner protein.

Breakfast - packet
    Lunch - packet + veggies + lettuce
    Dinner - 2 packets +veggies + lettuce
    Snack - packet

Get in the minimum 10 glasses of water and stick to lower carb veggies.

The loss you get is great. I weighed in one week and was down 8 pounds and then another week down 7.6 - and this was not at the beginning of my program, but half way through. It's good to switch it up I feel, it surprises your body and your body drops drastically, in my experience that is.

This is really interesting. Can anyone else comment on this bootcamp protocol and how it's worked for them? My weight loss is a little slow and I think this could help, I'd LOVE to hear other people's experiences! Thanks guys for always being such a light in this diet process
  • First Week Done!
    Good Morning!

Woke up to find 4.2 lbs less of me this morning! HATE starting a reboot, but once you get past that first week (staying 100%) and have good numbers on the scale, it's easy to stay motivated, IMO.

I'm a pound away from where I ended almost 2 years ago, but I want to go 10 more pounds. When I phased off back then, I'd been on Phase 1 for 18 weeks and was more than thrilled with my weight loss and size (down 5 sizes). I didn't really want to continue. Wanted to focus more on maintaining which has been the challenge my whole life. Once I got that under "control", I knew I'd be back to finish eventually. This is the 3rd attempt in the past few months. My head's in it this time which is important as you all know.

Have a great day everyone!!

Pam