Old 01-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all. Well... I was whining and kvetching here last night about losing 4.5 the first week then nothing for 4 days. The whoosh faerie came last night!!! Down two. Yay!!! I will take it.

I was trying to figure out why I didn't lose anything those 4 days and the only thing I could come up with was maybe a bit low on veggies. Soooo today I tried for the first time in 2.5years the spinach in the smoothie trick. Protidiet vanilla pudding, 12 oz cold coffee, ice cubes, cinnamon and torani SF pumpkin. Yummy. Kind of a weird texture but good. Suspect I will get used to it. DD told me it looked like guacamole (I wish, LOL). Then she tried it, gagged, and went running thru the house impersonating a psycho purple minion from Despicable me 2. Cracked me up.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #317  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

It's day 6 of my reboot! I'm down a couple of pounds, but I'm excited to see the scale on Monday morning when it will have been one week. I think I might finally be in ketosis. I love the clear feeling!!

Today I took down Christmas, tree, outdoor lights, moved boxes, etc. I think I can consider it a couple of hours of exercise! I'm tired!

Hockeymom and Sunflower: I'm also short, just 5'1". I had 125 as my goal weight, but continued to lose on P2 and P3. I found that I really liked being just under 120. At 119 I felt very happy with hw clothes fit and how I looked. So I bought clothes and got rid of the larger sizes.

Lisa, I love your new picture!

Hi Hgamroth and Swimcoachmomma! I remember you from when I started in summer 2012. Welcome back! We can do this!

Bellmack and cbi70, great loss!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

Last edited by joysh; 01-11-2014 at 02:14 PM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Joysh I've been in this body so long that if I ever got to 125 I would be thrilled. I'm in my forties and have never really been lower than 140. My highest was 180 something.

I did not weigh in today, decided to go Monday and just buy food. I don't want to step on my coach's scale for a bit. But I do weigh at home. Her scale is always a couple lbs higher than mine and I don't like it lol.

Woke up with a stinking headache. I also feel like I'm not eating enough veggies. I had too much meat yesterday though because I wanted to cheat like crazy. It was a whirlwind of a day for me emotionally. Funny how the first thing you want to run to is food. I just ate more meat instead and didn't not eat many veggies. Better than cheating I would say.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #319  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

So, I was curious and calculated my beginning BMI and what it is right now. I started with a BMI of 44.1 (defined as morbidly obese). My BMI as of my WI Thursday is 33.1(defined as moderately obese). Thanks to IP, I have brought myBMIdown 11.

Just another way to track progress/success.

Can't wait til I am "overweight". And then "normal" weight
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #320  
maintaining since 9/2013

Congratulations ColoradoCarol !!!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to say that I lost 6 lbs this past week during my first weigh in! The most I ever lost the first week before now was 4 lbs. I don't know why there was a difference but I'll take it.

This is day 11 for me. I feel good for the most part but still have some issues with feeling weak/dizzy at times. I think I need more salt and perhaps a bit more water.

I went out to eat at Pappasito's on Thursday night and I did not eat even one tortilla chip! That is a major NSV for me. I must confess that I did eat a few tablespoons of the guacamole (so good!) but I didn't go crazy with it.

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 276.2/265.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I started Ideal Protein for the first time on 12/31/13. I'm down 8 pounds so far. I find it really difficult to get the 4 cups of veggies in a day, but I'm working on it.
fullcrowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #323  
Restart March 2013

S/C/G: 209.7/205.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello fellow IP'ers...I am on my 6th day of reboot! I did IP in 2011 and had managed to lose 45 lb but for health reasons I had to stop. I am now good to go and so excited to be getting back at it! I have already seen so many improvements in my body that I know I can stick with it my RA symptoms are almost completely gone and I no longer crave caffeine(I know u don't have to give up the coffee but it causes me so many issues) I am so thankful for this tread and all of you out there that are willing to share your journey...
bandsmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #324  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfromtexas View Post
Hi everyone,
I went out to eat at Pappasito's on Thursday night and I did not eat even one tortilla chip! That is a major NSV for me. I must confess that I did eat a few tablespoons of the guacamole (so good!) but I didn't go crazy with it.

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

Karen
OMG Karen... I've been dying to go have the beef fajitas at Pappasito's but I am chicken to even set foot in there. Congratulations on that NSV!
calypso58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Well I ate way to much yesterday all IP compliant but to much of it! I'm having a Real hard time getting excited about it this go round knowing if I get smaller the scare tissue as it is forced into a smaller area could cause another obstruction. Best not to think about it so that's what I do but it lerks there and has changed this wonderful wonderful experience for me dang I love IP it is the only diet of so many I've tried that works for me!! Gotta push through and look at the bigger health picture just hard;(
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Well I ate way to much yesterday all IP compliant but to much of it! I'm having a Real hard time getting excited about it this go round knowing if I get smaller the scare tissue as it is forced into a smaller area could cause another obstruction. Best not to think about it so that's what I do but it lerks there and has changed this wonderful wonderful experience for me dang I love IP it is the only diet of so many I've tried that works for me!! Gotta push through and look at the bigger health picture just hard;(

KCdoe- I too had a terrible medical (GI) issue at the end of my stint, and will forever be "at risk" of an encore......I'll PM you later with how I am managing this round.

It may be slower...but I think it is the smart way to go.....I know I am not alone with this type of risk, but am glad I got to my original goal before the problem got so bad things had to change. The thought someone else may need support navigating this keeps me active here. There is a lot of support already for those who can navigate with less severe modifications.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #327  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
So, I was curious and calculated my beginning BMI and what it is right now. I started with a BMI of 44.1 (defined as morbidly obese). My BMI as of my WI Thursday is 33.1(defined as moderately obese). Thanks to IP, I have brought myBMIdown 11.

Just another way to track progress/success.

Can't wait til I am "overweight". And then "normal" weight
Amazing! I did not think of looking at this but I have dropped 8 bmi points. By the time I am done I hope to drop 12, body willing.
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #328  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Hi, I am on day 6 of my reboot, needing to take off 10+ lbs. I appreciated your posts about restricted foods. I am sooo happy to eat Quest bars all day long, and I do! Need to cut back on my restricted because I know that it is not helping me and keeping my cravings active and satisfied (not in a good way).

Admittedly, I do like to chew my food rather than drink them and my favorite IP and alternatives products are drinks.

Water, water, water, I have forgotten how much 64 OZ is and how often I go to the bathroom. OMG, exhausting chore but worth it.
workingit50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

yesterday I went out to dinner to an Indian Buffet and boy was it challenging. I wouldn't chose a buffet on my own while I'm on IP, but it was a birthday party so I went. I've decided I can't stay away from these events all the time but I have to learn to adjust and stick to the plan even while socializing. Huge NSV for me.

So I tried really hard, not sure I made the right choices but I went away feeling awesome. I had lots of salad, tandoori chicken and some of the curry meats, I stayed away from my favourites, the naan, rice and pakoras and felt really good after I left there. There was even cake for dessert and I had none.

Just goes to show that it can be done, even in social situations. Planning on not avoiding those any longer, but to make the plan liveable.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
yesterday I went out to dinner to an Indian Buffet and boy was it challenging. I wouldn't chose a buffet on my own while I'm on IP, ....

but I have to learn to adjust and stick to the plan even while socializing. Huge NSV for me.

Just goes to show that it can be done, even in social situations. Planning on not avoiding those any longer, but to make the plan liveable.

:c p: True words for sure.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote