Old 01-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #241  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

When I reached my goal weight in 2011 I was strong, fit and on track. I'll always remember my coach saying "now whenever you exercise your metabolism will kick into gear and the fat will just melt off."

Maintenance went well, I enjoyed exercising and eating right - nothing to excess. I was finally living life just like my other fit friends and I regained a pound a month over the years like clockwork.

3 months ago I was able to accept what I've always known: my body does not process carbs well. My metabolism has never once "kicked into gear." For 45 years my ultimate goal has been to be thin and eat like everyone else. My body has been telling me the truth all along and I am finally listening.

I don't look at my weight regain as a bad thing -- it has taught me to finally accept the truth about my metabolism. I have restarted IP and feel certain that when I reach my goal weight I will be able to fully commit to maintenance as my way of life.
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #242  

A week in and only 1 measly pound down UGH
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #243  

Ugh73
You LOST weight, correct?
Any weight loss is good. Sometimes our expectations can be HUGE
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Lisa, I think I needed reminding of that fact as well.
Chinookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:03 PM   #245  

I was almost in ketosis and I think my cold medication kicked me out. So frustrating!! I guess it'll happen when it happens...
Smooshie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #246  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

I'm restarting! Hit maintenance in 2010 and kept it off for about 2 years before I started getting lazy! I have 23 lbs to lose to get back to my goal weight. I turn 40 in March so that is my motivation!!!
carlasherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #247  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ugh73
You LOST weight, correct?
Any weight loss is good. Sometimes our expectations can be HUGE
Yeah, you're right. And my weight fluxuates so much from day to day that I shouldn't even be weighing until my pants are looser. Seriously I can fluxuate 3-5 pounds day to day. I even bought a fancy digital scale, not sure I trust it.
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #248  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh73 View Post
Yeah, you're right. And my weight fluxuates so much from day to day that I shouldn't even be weighing until my pants are looser. Seriously I can fluxuate 3-5 pounds day to day. I even bought a fancy digital scale, not sure I trust it.
My fluctuations are about that big, as well. I feel for ya. We will still do this!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #249  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Anyone notice that the weight comes off slower during a reboot/restart than your initial IP experience? I am an everyday weigher (shame on me), so I am noticing this already. It's fine. I can be patient. Just curious.

Also, I remember the elusive "whooshes" from last time. Haven't had one yet, but was curious if anyone else notices a pattern or when they happen for them.

All in all, I'm 10 days in and feeling good. I feel in control and like I'm moving in the right direction. Love that feeling! Hope you all are too!

Last edited by RN4Babies; 01-08-2014 at 06:44 PM.
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #250  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
Does anyone else find it harder to start a diet or adhere to it in winter versus warmer weather? This is a time when Crockpot and Savory dishes are made.When family comes home I want something warm and stick to your ribs ready for them. We cook much more in colder weather and grill more and eat lighter in summer.

I did have myself a little pity party when my garden was done & no more fresh produce, but I've gotten over it. We grill year round and I've been making soups & chili on the stove almost daily. It does seem more natural to be on a diet in the summer rather then winter when you want to hibernate & watch TV. We just need to follow the plan and not get distracted...easier said then done, I know.
SuzieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #251  
maintaining since 9/2013

This is a fabulous thread. Thank-you Lisa for hosting!
65x65, I am sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you have met your challenge with adapting IP to your situation--hats off to you!

I restarted the day after Christmas after a 12 lb gain, cheated on NYs & binged on 1/4 for no fathomable reason. All in all, this is day 4 of 100%OP. Getting back into ketosis has me hungry but worse than that, really moody. I experienced this during initial P1. Somehow I missed the part about NET carbs so probably had chronic low blood sugar. I hope to wake up tomorrow on the other side of it. I've shed the water weight & am halfway back to goal.

I am wondering if phasing out of a (hopefully!) short P1 restart will necessitate P2 & 3 or is it okay to move directly to P4? (This is my hunger asking)!
Thanks to all for sharing your issues, many of which I share. It is so nice to read I am not alone. You are all a source of inspiration!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #252  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
I did have myself a little pity party when my garden was done & no more fresh produce, but I've gotten over it... It does seem more natural to be on a diet in the summer rather then winter when you want to hibernate & watch TV. We just need to follow the plan and not get distracted...easier said then done, I know.
I had a pity party when the only outdoor swimming pool in my little town closed on August 31. I had been swimming almost every day. It's harder for me to get myself to the gym. I think that's when the pounds came back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
I am wondering if phasing out of a (hopefully!) short P1 restart will necessitate P2 & 3 or is it okay to move directly to P4? (This is my hunger asking)!
Hi Mars! I'm not sure what others have done, but I'll probably do several P2 days and several P3 days before I go back to my regular maintenance. I guess I'll see how long it takes to get these few pounds off. I intend to stay on P1 until I'm back at 6 pounds below my goal weight. It was really fun to feel "skinny" and I want that feeling again.

BTW, I was REALLY hungry tonight. I haven't been that hungry at dinnertime for a while. I munch on some chicken breast and cucumber while my veggies were roasting. Then I made my delicious tilapia that I sautee garlic and mushrooms and red peppers. Yummy.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #253  
maintaining since 9/2013

"Hi Mars! I'm not sure what others have done, but I'll probably do several P2 days and several P3 days before I go back to my regular maintenance. I guess I'll see how long it takes to get these few pounds off. I intend to stay on P1 until I'm back at 6 pounds below my goal weight. It was really fun to feel "skinny" and I want that feeling again.

BTW, I was REALLY hungry tonight. I haven't been that hungry at dinnertime for a while. I munch on some chicken breast and cucumber while my veggies were roasting. Then I made my delicious tilapia that I sautee garlic and mushrooms and red peppers. Yummy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Joysh, That sounds like a great approach, incl the delicious skinny feeling. Enjoy your dinner!

Last edited by mars735; 01-08-2014 at 09:16 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello, staying on course, will check in tomorrow.

yes I think rebooting is harder, we will see how the losses go. when I originally did IP, my pattern was good, low, lower, good (loss) stay warm
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day 8 of my reboot. I am so thankful I decided to reboot because with the snow and cold weather and being stuck in the house I would be eating junk and adding to my weight. I say IP is a gift given to myself and others that have tried so many diets and failed. This plan works if you are 100% committed. Have a great day.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote