3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Restart/reboot starting Jan 1,2014....

Old 01-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #181

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi 65X65! Yes, I agree. I have a good friend who is a professional dancer and choreographer. I often watch how she eats, although she's currently on a gluten-free, additive-free diet, so that would count as a "picky" eater. But even eating normally, I've watched her for many years. She eats little amounts and moves a LOT! But she allows herself a cookie from time to time - and can eat only one or two cookies and then put the package away. I was never able to do that in the past.

Now I eat two cookies and throw the rest in the garbage - quickly! Ah, well. Still can't keep open cookies in my house, so I don't.

Thanks, kcdoe! I'm looking forward to this reboot. I will start tomorrow. Thought it might be today, but I only have 2 packets of breakfast in my cupboard and I'm not sure I'll get to the clinic tomorrow. I know I'll get there on Tuesday, so it's tomorrow (Monday) for me! That means I'll go through the initial week of adjustment when I'm back in school, but not yet teaching. I think that will be just fine.

Happy day to you all!
Happy New Year Joy! Hope to see you around for your support and experience. You were just hitting your goal about the time I was recognizing .."this IS REALLY GOING TO WORK"..for me last spring. You look amazing and were a real inspiration to me!

I hear the reboot is for the most part a good idea for almost everyone and January is the best time to do it. My "glycogen stores replenishing" and the holidays pretty much hit my metabolism at the same time...so I am being "careful"....not sure if it is too soon to get back "ON". But I'dreally like to try and lose the last few lbs before spring I was not able to shed with my initial run. I had some health problems last fall which involved major GI issues and testing that was never ending...along with a surgeon waiting in the wings for almost 2 months...so I am going slow as I do not want that problem to reappear. The surgeon felt the processed nature of the diet caught up to me due to a congenital problem I was not aware of...(Originally I scoffed at that...but I must admit I feel better these days sticking mostly to real food.) I have to monitor calories and nutritional content closely to mirror P1-2 when I want to back up for a few days. So far it works and I can get rid of water and a creep of a pound or so pretty fast. So my reboot is egg whites for breakfast and a few oz of tuna or chicken at lunch, instead of a shake or an IP pudding! I have to limit my use of IP products to no more that 3 packets every 2 days to keep the wolves at bay.

The scale is my friend...and I also have to weigh every day to make this adaption work as well as the core 100% IP version ...which trust me people...is easier!

Although not quite as easy..this method is totally do-able since I was 100% compliant! I am.... PROUD2BPicky .... these days!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #182

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5'0

Day 4 for me and I'm feeling pretty good today, the second day for me was bad, otherwise I've felt pretty good. Just a bit hungry last night.

I haven't weighed, in fact I am going on Monday to pick up some food but not weighing until next week Saturday. I want to be surprised. I also don't want to see the damage I did over the holidays.

Tonight I'm making curry chicken with orka and salad for supper, yummy. One of my favourite IP compliant dishes.

I don't weigh everyday because it messes with my mind. When I'm on maintenance I plan on weighing only once in a while too. I will gauge my weight loss on how my clothes feel, but that's just me. I don't want to become obsessed with the numbers on the scale as that is not the only indicator of optimal healthy IMO.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #183

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Thanks 65! You are right!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
Day 4 for me and I'm feeling pretty good today, the second day for me was bad, otherwise I've felt pretty good. Just a bit hungry last night.

I haven't weighed, in fact I am going on Monday to pick up some food but not weighing until next week Saturday. I want to be surprised. I also don't want to see the damage I did over the holidays.

Tonight I'm making curry chicken with orka and salad for supper, yummy. One of my favourite IP compliant dishes.

I don't weigh everyday because it messes with my mind. When I'm on maintenance I plan on weighing only once in a while too. I will gauge my weight loss on how my clothes feel, but that's just me. I don't want to become obsessed with the numbers on the scale as that is not the only indicator of optimal healthy IMO.
Sunflower..I think you missed my main point. We each have to do what works. If things get out of hand for me due to some obstacles that need monitoring it could cost me surgery, and the inability to use the principles of how this diet works. Until now I have kept the profile of how I must proceed kind of low. However, I currently am sharing what I have learned because of my situation and have put it out there for those who may find they need to tweak this plan due to serious GI issues. I have PM messaged with at least 3 other dieters who have or flirted with similar challenges and could need to get off the diet because of these challenges. IP as it is written works for most ...it worked for me too ... until it worked against me.

Now THAT's a head game. I wasn't quite done.

Last edited by 65X65 : 01-05-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #185

S/C/G: 251/197/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hi All! I'm going to do my annual reboot this coming week! I'm up 6 pounds from where I want to be, so I will start my P1 tomorrow or Monday. I ordered some items from Nashua and will stock up on my IP drinks on Tuesday wen I see my coach.

I lost 83 pounds on IP from June 2012 to March 2013 and then have been maintaining. A few have crept on, and now I'm at my goal weight. I like to be 5-6 pounds under goal, so I'm ready to start getting back.

Happy New Year to you all!
Quote:

Thanks, kcdoe! I'm looking forward to this reboot. I will start tomorrow. Thought it might be today, but I only have 2 packets of breakfast in my cupboard and I'm not sure I'll get to the clinic tomorrow. I know I'll get there on Tuesday, so it's tomorrow (Monday) for me! That means I'll go through the initial week of adjustment when I'm back in school, but not yet teaching. I think that will be just fine.

Happy day to you all!
Joysh smart move if you don't have the supplies gotta wait I stocked up on the 30th so I would be ready! I've gotten myself back into the groove cooking and baking through out the day making muffins and chicken for the week, cutting up veggies eating healthy takes work shew no wonder being over weight is so much easier ;(

100% August through October, off IP till rebooted January 2 through March 31st. Phasing off to maintenance for a while to test the waters!!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #186
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
If things get out of hand for me due to some obstacles that need monitoring it could cost me surgery, and the inability to use the principles of how this diet works. Until now I have kept the profile of how I must proceed kind of low. However, I currently am sharing what I have learned because of my situation and have put it out there for those who may find they need to tweak this plan due to serious GI issues. I have PM messaged with at least 3 other dieters who have or flirted with similar challenges and could need to get off the diet because of these challenges. IP as it is written works for most ...it worked for me too ... until it worked against me.

65: I applaud you in your attempt to mimic IP using all real foods. I bet it can be done and if anyone can figure it out, it will be you! The only thing I allowed myself was to use REAL eggs, rather than the omelet packs. There are so few IP (or alt) packs that I can use due to being soy/gluten-free.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm returning to P1 after a long stall that turned self-imposed when I switched to maintenance. The plan back around Halloween was to come back to P1 in January after giving my thyroid/metabolism a break from P1. Well, it is now January. I am home from travels, although I think I have the flu (bad cold w/ muscle/body aches and a fever).

DH went grocery shopping for me yesterday and I'm making chicken soup (my illness cure-all).

DH stocked us up on meat, too, but I'll be eating less of that on P1 than I did on p2,p3 or maintenance.

I'm up about 8 since I stopped P1 (the 3 glycogen regain + some bad food choices the last 2 weeks). So, I'm back to P1 with 20 to go. I haven't officially weighed b/c I've been weighing at the gym & between being sick and "snowmageddon", I've been in the house since we returned from our trip. At least I FEEL better than I did yesterday!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #187

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh Lisa, I hope you feel better soon. Good Luck on the restart
Old 01-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #188

S/C/G: 214.8/173/150

Height: 5'4"

Day 4 and I am finally feeling good. Belly bloat is GONE and hunger is disappearing. Yay! School starts tomorrow and I am so happy to be getting back into a routine with my reading groups. I received a fitbit for Christmas and I am anxious to see how my steps increase when I am back to walking/hustling up and down the halls from classroom to classroom. Stay warm everyone! -12 in my town. burrrrrr…..

<---- My goal is to be back in size 8!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #189

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Hi all. Day 7 almost done. Brrrr. It is -13F here. Big costco shopping today. They did not have the marinated mushrooms that are a staple of my lunches!!! Boohoo!! But they did have the pickled asparagus so I stocked up there. Lots of veggies too. Lunch at HUHot Mongolian grill and I overdid the sodium so I'm chugging water like mad!!! Home now with the dreaded task of putting it all away!! Ugh. It is a 5 hour round trip so not like we can zip there every few days so we literally fill the truck. (Like 400 pounds of dog food, plus premier protein shakes (10boxes or more)). Oh well.

Anyway, I'm feeling well and confident even though only 7 days in. It is definitely easier at work when I'm busy and barely have time to think about food. Did not sleep well last night- weird dreams...then unable to fall back to sleep so I read from 0130 til 0400. Ive put the fridge and freezer food away and the rest will wait. Good night all.

Today I choose to move my body, my mind, and my spirit!!
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #190

S/C/G: 162/157/145

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Down 6 pounds and feeling so much better not eating carbs and junk. I am thankful I started the reboot before this cold blizzard weather came in. I would be stuck in the house eating junk and adding more weight to my body.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #191

S/C/G: 162/157/145

Height: 5 ft 5 in

This diet is all or nothing. It does not work if you are not 100% on phase 1. It is an expensive diet if you cheat. We can do this. It is a gift given to us to help us lose weight. I have tried so many diets over the years and I could not lose weight. With my body I cannot have carbs and lies weight.
I feel better on this diet and I feel like I am in control.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
This diet is all or nothing. It does not work if you are not 100% on phase 1. It is an expensive diet if you cheat. We can do this. It is a gift given to us to help us lose weight. I have tried so many diets over the years and I could not lose weight. With my body I cannot have carbs and lies weight.
I feel better on this diet and I feel like I am in control.

YEP. Carbs are my enemy too!
Compliance was not ever my issue. The Carbs in everything else are. It's actually easy to do something that works. Very-very difficult to continue something that does not work. And the simplicity of IP products is a plus. Using the processed foods a short while for long term good is incredibly sensible. Just pay attention to your body. Allergies and other physiological issues can probably be worked around esp once you know what you are doing. Ruth Ann and Lisa can also attest to this piece and have shared what they learned with the family on here!

Last edited by 65X65 : 01-06-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #193
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Lots of familiar faces here! I was also successful with IP in summer of 2012 as well, went into maintenance in October 2012 and maintained successfully until October 2013. I'm looking forward to losing what I've put back on and not feeling so bloated!

Does anyone have the recipe for the spinach shakes? I never made them my first time around, but I got a Ninja for Christmas . I know the Chocolate Drink packet and 2c of spinach, but I'm not sure how much water/ice (if any). Thanks! --- ***Ignore me...I found LizR's puree thread and got my answer****

Last edited by jules26965 : 01-06-2014 at 11:06 AM.
jules26965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #194

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/207/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Our own plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Sunflower..I think you missed my main point. We each have to do what works. If things get out of hand for me due to some obstacles that need monitoring it could cost me surgery, and the inability to use the principles of how this diet works. Until now I have kept the profile of how I must proceed kind of low. However, I currently am sharing what I have learned because of my situation and have put it out there for those who may find they need to tweak this plan due to serious GI issues. I have PM messaged with at least 3 other dieters who have or flirted with similar challenges and could need to get off the diet because of these challenges. IP as it is written works for most ...it worked for me too ... until it worked against me.

65X65 - Your messages make me smile and think and at this hour of the morning, that is a success.

My comment to this is that just as we are all different ages, heights, weights, personalities, genetic background, whatever, we all have unique emotional makeup.

For me, I weight every day, but take the results with a grain of salt knowing that many things affect the number, which is, after all, just a number. It keeps me on track and accountable but in no way does it throw me into a tizzy.

At the same time, I do make note of the fit of my clothes, my energy, and many other ways to validate my weight loss. This is a huge battle for me and I will use every weapon I can to succeed and keep my answering to what I know works for me, being 100%OP.

schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #195
Keeping it off

Height: 5" 2'

Just a creeping.... only 1.6 down, but I guess its better than nothing.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't -- you're right. Henry Ford
Run4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.