3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   **25lb First Day of Spring Challenge** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/290906-%2A%2A25lb-first-day-spring-challenge%2A%2A.html)

SarahJ86 01-03-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssdlturtle (Post 4910473)
Want in for spring challenge, just found this thread, what is the cut off date for spring challenge?

where is the spread sheet and how do you get there?

thanks for the help, still trying to learn where to go, and use this forum. Been lurking for awhile, but want to be more active.

I'm sure you can still start! First weigh in was Jan 1st. And the second weigh in will be Jan 5th. Then weekly from there. Just post your Email for PurpleMomster and she will email you the spreadsheet. But use at in your email instead of @ to not have spam. Welcome! Oh and the challenge ends the first day of Spring.

SarahJ86 01-03-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleMomster (Post 4910477)
You can join any time! Just send me a PM, if you can, with your email address and I'll add you to list and send you the link for the spreadsheet. I keep the access restricted as previous challenges had problems with people deleting and/or ruining the spreadsheets.

If you can't PM yet, you can post your email address here but it's recommended you use "at" instead of the "@" symbol because you will get spam.

Jo

Haha! Oops. I didn't see your reply 😊

mcn1254 01-05-2014 10:42 AM

I'm in too. Lost 43 lbs on IP last year and regained some so I need a reboot now.

kurisitaru 01-05-2014 09:48 PM

Wow, the chart shows some people lost 5+ lbs in their first week. Pretty awesome. I'm extremely sad with mine. I didn't lose anything. Granted... I didn't gain... I did do cheat days on New Years, and Yesterday I gave in and had a lot of rice. I mean... a lot of rice. So, my fault.

Will do better this week.

coffeebean 01-06-2014 08:39 AM

This diet is all or nothing. It does not work if you are not 100% on phase 1. It is an expensive diet if you cheat. You can do this. It is a gift given to us to help us lose weight. I have tried so many diets over the years and I could not lose weight. With my body I cannot have carbs.

drd1961 01-06-2014 08:43 AM

I did not lose anything either because of water retention. I am already showing a decrease of 4 pounds on my scale and in fact the number is the top number of normal BMI!!:carrot:

Run4three 01-06-2014 10:11 AM

Just a creeping.... only 1.6 down, but I guess its better than nothing. Didn't get Ketostix confirmation until Saturday so hoping maybe it will speed up? Or at least get easier? My losses have never been large, but I'd love to sneak up over the 2# a week mark!!

blondie739 01-06-2014 08:04 PM

This is my first week on IP, and my first challenge! Down 8.2 pounds and feel really good and proud. So far I have not been tempted to cheat very much, even with my in laws in town and making all these holiday treats with my kids. Didn't even have one LICK of cookie dough! That alone is progress :)

Kawaii1002 01-07-2014 08:16 PM

Had my WI today, down 6.8!!! 14.6 to go!!! WOOHOO!!!

Bellamack 01-07-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Run4three (Post 4912381)
Just a creeping.... only 1.6 down, but I guess its better than nothing. Didn't get Ketostix confirmation until Saturday so hoping maybe it will speed up? Or at least get easier? My losses have never been large, but I'd love to sneak up over the 2# a week mark!!

Don't worry about losing slow. The first time I did IP, I never once cheated and always had lower losses, it depends on thyroid, Post meno, etc. I averaged over 5 months, 1.7 lbs/week and GUESS WHAT? I made it to goal. I did NOT join the challenge because I find that I get a little down when I don't get the "numbers", I just go at my own pace & follow the program, remember: It is NOT a race, it is a lifestyle change :) Good Luck

kurisitaru 01-09-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drd1961 (Post 4912297)
I did not lose anything either because of water retention. I am already showing a decrease of 4 pounds on my scale and in fact the number is the top number of normal BMI!!:carrot:

Normal BMI? You must be so happy!

I have a long way to go. In fact... I need to lose about 20lbs just to get out of the obese BMI. T.T

Congrats though!

SkinnyChiz 01-10-2014 12:47 AM

I had my weigh on monday 5 lbs down over the holidays! I'll take it. I was proud of myself for not indulging too much. When you stop eating certain things you lose the cravings for them. I back to my pre holiday routine. pre-made some meals and wrote out a menu for the week. The more prepared I am the more successful I am . Caught the flu this week.....once I get my appetite back it's on!
Good luck my fellow IPers! happy 2014

drd1961 01-10-2014 06:06 AM

I have my weigh in after work. I have seen a loss at home so crossing my fingers and toes for a loss there. It usually correlates.

drd1961 01-10-2014 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurisitaru (Post 4915659)
Normal BMI? You must be so happy!

I have a long way to go. In fact... I need to lose about 20lbs just to get out of the obese BMI. T.T

Congrats though!

I was at 190 last Christmas and in the obese BMI, so am very glad I started this at the end of October. It gives the new year a nice look.

inittowinitthistime 01-10-2014 11:56 AM

Just got back from vacation so a little late in starting but may I join you again please . The last one was very motivating.
[email protected].

Thanks!!