Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #481  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default Hello

Good morning ladies, tomorrow morning marks 2 weeks on IP for me. I lost 8.8lbs in the first week, 6.2 was fat so I rolled in pretty excited. I knew I wouldn't lose as much this week, however by Wednesday I had lost 3.2 lbs, was feeling like I was on a roll until this morning because for some strange reason I gained two back!
Old 03-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #482  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Kc
I don't think any of us are fond of dieting
A saying has been going around here lately:

Being overweight (or in my case, morbidly obese) is hard
Losing weight is hard
Maintenance is hard
Pick your hard
I really liked this and I haven't seen it before so thanks for reiterating, Lisa. It is ALL hard - so true, so true.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #483  
Easy Victor

S/C/G: 178.4/159.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Started IP 5 weeks ago (Jan. 23) but am not sure where to update here? Regardless, just wanted to say that "So far, So good". This isn't always easy, but it's definitely not as bad as I initially thought it would be. I have finally started to find my "groove" a bit. Started out at 178.4 - today the scale read 159.5 - so a loss of 19 lbs. at this point. Not too shabby considering my age (52 in a few weeks) and height (5'6"). I really haven't cheated much, if any. The few areas where I may have fudged a bit are having takeout chinese food a few times - but it was strictly all steamed veggies: broccoli, mushrooms, bell pepper & snow peas, with mixed steamed shrimp & chicken - and no rice ;-) That got me through a few very hectic moments when hunger was really pushing me. I've also started switching out some of the Ideal Protein Vanilla RTD shakes with EAS Advantage Carb control ones., since the IP ones are so expensive and our local commissary sells EAS for $3.85/4 pak. And.... I've discovered a cure for my afternoon slump/hunger pangs. One of those shakes mixed into 2 shots of espresso from Starbucks ($2.) and poured into the trente sized cup I purchased over ice. DEFINITELY gets me through until dinnertime - and now my local Starbucks barristas all know me as the "crazy diet shake lady"! Anyway... just wanted to tell all of you who are a few weeks behind me to hang in there - this is NOT impossible and once you slowly start seeing physical results, you will be even MORE motivated to stick with it. I don't notice a huge difference when I look at myself (hubbie claims he does, tho), but I am starting to see a thinner face (hallelujah!) and my lower belly fat "ledge" is definitely starting to recede (thank you, Jesus!). My coach says that by the end of 8 weeks, the loss will be much more noticeable to myself & others. I went and found some old photos of me WAY back in the day weighing in at my goal weight, and have them posted near my scale, where I can look at them for encouragement when I need it. So, like I said, everyone keep hanging in there!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #484  

Hi!

I am brand new here... I haven't started Ideal Protein yet. I go to a holistic doctor and we discussed starting this program yesterday. I have my first appointment on Monday! I am so excited to begin the process.

I'm 25 and a 5th grade teacher. I have struggled with my weight since I was 13 (basically since the moment I hit puberty, luck me!). My friends think I am ridiculous and don't understand why I am doing the program. But unfortunately, unlike them, I am not thin and just "working out" isn't working.

I can't wait to read more on this forum to learn more about the program and gain some fellow IP friends!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 204/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi AmberLS
Be encouraged . I weighed in today to and only lost a pound. Next week we will rock!
Old 03-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Height: 5'4"

Cool Hello from rainy Virginia

Hello!
Today is my 4th day on IP - it isn't easy but I seem to be committed to it. Haven't been craving any sweets but sometimes I feel like I could eat an entire Thanksgiving turkey? Weird?

I know this will work!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvA1exa View Post
Hello!
Today is my 4th day on IP - it isn't easy but I seem to be committed to it. Haven't been craving any sweets but sometimes I feel like I could eat an entire Thanksgiving turkey? Weird?

I know this will work!
Welcome! Good for you! I'm at the end of my second week, and have found this week to be a bit more difficult than the first (headaches and cravings).... this will not be an easy ride, but it's worth it! Cant' wait for my next weigh-in.

Good luck!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 268/227/200

New to IP, been on it about 6 weeks. Looking forward to the wisdom and knowledge on this forum!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #489  

Default New to thread

Hi,

Paul here. I did IP from Oct 2012 - May 2013, lost 109 lbs. I am now an IP coach.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #490  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

I'm also new to this site - and looking for an on-line group for support. I am following the concepts of IP without the purchase of the food. I have an underactive thyroid so find it extremely difficult to lose weight. I did great my first month on this new plan (Feb, 2014) and lost 8lbs and 7 inches. I'm only 5 feet tall and would like to lose 40-45lbs. I weighed today and was up 2lbs - totally deflated me but I know this plan is the only way I can lose the weight. I have tried many diets with only a small amount of weight lost, and then I lose interest and motivation. I am interested in hearing if anyone else has struggles with the IP protocol and hypothyroidism. Is it more of a slow process if you have thyroid issues? It seems other people I have read about are losing more each week than I am. May be it has to do with the amount I need to lose? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #491  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerishTheWeight View Post
Started IP 5 weeks ago (Jan. 23) but am not sure where to update here? Regardless, just wanted to say that "So far, So good". This isn't always easy, but it's definitely not as bad as I initially thought it would be. I have finally started to find my "groove" a bit. Started out at 178.4 - today the scale read 159.5 - so a loss of 19 lbs. at this point. Not too shabby considering my age (52 in a few weeks) and height (5'6"). I really haven't cheated much, if any. The few areas where I may have fudged a bit are having takeout chinese food a few times - but it was strictly all steamed veggies: broccoli, mushrooms, bell pepper & snow peas, with mixed steamed shrimp & chicken - and no rice ;-) That got me through a few very hectic moments when hunger was really pushing me. I've also started switching out some of the Ideal Protein Vanilla RTD shakes with EAS Advantage Carb control ones., since the IP ones are so expensive and our local commissary sells EAS for $3.85/4 pak. And.... I've discovered a cure for my afternoon slump/hunger pangs. One of those shakes mixed into 2 shots of espresso from Starbucks ($2.) and poured into the trente sized cup I purchased over ice. DEFINITELY gets me through until dinnertime - and now my local Starbucks barristas all know me as the "crazy diet shake lady"! Anyway... just wanted to tell all of you who are a few weeks behind me to hang in there - this is NOT impossible and once you slowly start seeing physical results, you will be even MORE motivated to stick with it. I don't notice a huge difference when I look at myself (hubbie claims he does, tho), but I am starting to see a thinner face (hallelujah!) and my lower belly fat "ledge" is definitely starting to recede (thank you, Jesus!). My coach says that by the end of 8 weeks, the loss will be much more noticeable to myself & others. I went and found some old photos of me WAY back in the day weighing in at my goal weight, and have them posted near my scale, where I can look at them for encouragement when I need it. So, like I said, everyone keep hanging in there!
So great to hear your successes - keep going, sista! It is encouraging to hear your story and progress. Thanks for the motivation!:
Old 03-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #492  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
I'm also new to this site - and looking for an on-line group for support. I am following the concepts of IP without the purchase of the food. I have an underactive thyroid so find it extremely difficult to lose weight. I did great my first month on this new plan (Feb, 2014) and lost 8lbs and 7 inches. I'm only 5 feet tall and would like to lose 40-45lbs. I weighed today and was up 2lbs - totally deflated me but I know this plan is the only way I can lose the weight. I have tried many diets with only a small amount of weight lost, and then I lose interest and motivation. I am interested in hearing if anyone else has struggles with the IP protocol and hypothyroidism. Is it more of a slow process if you have thyroid issues? It seems other people I have read about are losing more each week than I am. May be it has to do with the amount I need to lose? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Welcome Runner68girl! This is a great forum for advice, support, ideas, etc. Several of our members have struggled with thyroid problems and I am sure they will chime in since I don't have that issue and don't know a lot about it.

Weight loss isn't linear - some days I'm up a pound or two. If you are near TOM, had a high sodium day, a cold, injury - just a lot of reasons for the scale to go up one day. Just remember that scale weight is just one measure of success - how do you feel, how do your clothes fit, what are your measurements doing? If daily weighing stresses you out, switch to weekly - stress is not good for weight loss!

Finally, don't compare your losses to other people's (harder to do than say, I know!). Everyone's body is different and will react differently.

Hang in there, the weight will come off, just not always as quickly as we'd like!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #493  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
Runner68girl:
I too am a very slow loser, I am post-meno with hypothyroid. I think my meds need adjustment, I get bloodwork the first week in April. Even though I lose super slow on IP, at least I lose, which wasn't the case with other plans. I track everything on MFP and have a FitBit and I should have lost 3x what I did, so calories in does NOT = calories out. Hang in there

Last edited by Bellamack; 03-07-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #494  

Thank you, Ruth Ann!! You are right on the money when it comes to the daily weighing...or even weekly weighing! I know I am so programmed to find my success in a number, which sounds ridiculous I know! I do feel good; I'm seeing inches lost and my tummy thanks me (not bloated any more!) I think I will put the scale away and not allow it to dictate any longer!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #495  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Runner68girl:
I too am a very slow loser, I am post-meno with hypothyroid. I think my meds need adjustment, I get bloodwork the first week in April. Even though I lose super slow on IP, at least I lose, which wasn't the case with other plans. I track everything on MFP and have a FitBit and I should have lost 3x what I did, so calories in does NOT = calories out. Hang in there
Bellamack:

I too am post-meno - I went in to premature ovarian failure at age 37 and I'm now 46. I do believe the HRT has a lot to do with the slow weight loss as I'm taking in extra hormones to get me through to age 50! I agree - a loss is a loss and to count those victories!
What do you think about not eating enough calories? Do you buy in to the theory that your body goes in to starvation and holds on to extra weight if you don't feed it enough? I think about those contestants on 'Survivor' who hardly eat for 37 days and end up coming home lighter. Doesn't make sense to me! I doubt that I'm eating more than a 1000 calories a day...
Closed Thread