Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #391  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone! Starting today! No excuses and why not see some results before I leave??
Old 02-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good for you gnalosit!

So funny that hubby asked the other day if I need more TUMS, I said "NO", I haven't taken any since my reboot 1/1/14 of IP and going gluten free, not one little bit of heartburn or indigestion.

Be sure you take your vitamins with food
Old 02-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

Staring today also- Checking out the alternate....

Long story short-
Lap band- 12/2005 - weigh at time 321 lbs
went down to 267 lbs.. over years stop going to Dr's office and have not gotten a fill..
Old 02-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #394  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
Weigh day for me. I have maintained weighing in at WW every Saturday morning and will continue going from a consistency purpose.

So I lost 2.6 this week for a total of 13 lbs since 01/07/14. I am thinking that is not such a high number. Some days discouraged other days encouraged.

Love reading this board and all the posts old and new. I have learned much more here vs. with where I am purchasing my Ideal Protein items.
Thank you all..have a wonderful day!
Hi Vivig, I also have lost about 13 lbs since I started. I'm down 14 lbs since 1/4/2014. It can be a little discouraging when reading of others who are losing far more but then I remember that I'm losing in the expected range, I'm losing far more than I would be on another program and I'm learning so much more about nutrition and what does and doesn't work for me. And this learning process is going to assist us when we get to maintenance. As long as the scale is moving in the right direction, if at all, I'm sticking with this program!

On those days you feel discouraged, just think of not carrying around 13 whole extra pounds. It would take me two hands to lift 13 lbs! How much nicer must you knees and hips be feeling?!

Good luck!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #395  

I am starting week 4 and I am down 15 pounds. It has been hard but I have stuck with the plan. I am really craving chocolate and sugar.

I travel a lot so it makes it more difficult. Any advice while traveling?

Anne
Old 02-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #396  

HI Rosieposie101, we started days apart. Yes you are right it does feel good and I feel better about myself and my determination to stay on plan.

Good Luck as well!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #397  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Im on week 4 and I've lost 15lbs.

Looks like we are all on the right track
Old 02-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

After lurking around these boards for a while and hearing about Ideal Protein for a while, I have decided to sign up. Today is my second day and I am managing to get through it. I am pretty excited about this plan and am looking forward to seeing the numbers go down.

One thing that is making me very nervous is the fact that this diet might affect my relationships with people. Our family is very big and social and we have many events to attend all the time. In the next month we have a baptism where my husband and I will be godparents. This will be a pretty big affair. So godmother does not even toast the baby or try the cake? How do I even get around this? And I am not sure that I even want to get around this as I would be really offended if somebody came to my party and only drank water with lemon. I guess I will figure it out closer to the date, but I am planning to stick to this plan and my coach did say I can email her at any time.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #399  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
After lurking around these boards for a while and hearing about Ideal Protein for a while, I have decided to sign up. Today is my second day and I am managing to get through it. I am pretty excited about this plan and am looking forward to seeing the numbers go down.

One thing that is making me very nervous is the fact that this diet might affect my relationships with people. Our family is very big and social and we have many events to attend all the time. In the next month we have a baptism where my husband and I will be godparents. This will be a pretty big affair. So godmother does not even toast the baby or try the cake? How do I even get around this? And I am not sure that I even want to get around this as I would be really offended if somebody came to my party and only drank water with lemon. I guess I will figure it out closer to the date, but I am planning to stick to this plan and my coach did say I can email her at any time.
We pre-plan and find ways to manage events
And we learn that events are more about relationships than food or beverage.
Why would you be offended if someone came to a party and drank the beverage of their choice? Does that really matter?
I have sparkling water at many events. Nobody cares.

Oh. And cake? Sure have it. But you'll need to pick a different diet plan.
It is all about choices and what is most important. My health and eliminating obesity is most important to me.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-08-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post

There are many people that simply don't drink alcohol, for a variety of reasons.

Some people came from alcoholic families, some take prescription meds that interfere with alcohol, some people are allergic to sulfates in wine, some people are the DD, etc.

I wouldn't give a second thought if I threw a party and some of the guests didn't drink. The fact that they're there celebrating a baby's baptism is what should be the focus.

Toast with water.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 330/314/250

Height: 5'10''

Hi everyone! I am a newbie! Today is day 6 for me. So far so good! WI is on Monday and I an very excited! Anyone else have PCOS. I have a million questions! Lol

Hailie
Old 02-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #402  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
There are many people that simply don't drink alcohol, for a variety of reasons.

Some people came from alcoholic families, some take prescription meds that interfere with alcohol, some people are allergic to sulfates in wine, some people are the DD, etc.

I wouldn't give a second thought if I threw a party and some of the guests didn't drink. The fact that they're there celebrating a baby's baptism is what should be the focus.

Toast with water.
I would never expect a person to drink if they did not want to or could not for a variety of reasons. Our gatherings come with a lot of food and a lot of booze. Culturally, food is unfortunately the main focus of every event. There is an expectation that there will be a variety of dishes and there will be a lot of it. Dirty plate is expected or it is considered rude. I am just trying to plan ahead. In March we have two family events to attend, and the month of May alone we have a party to attend every single weekend, and there is no way to get out of any of them. Hopefully by then I will learn how to manage through them.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:53 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 167/158/135

Height: 5ft 6in

Default newbie help

hi all....

i just started phase 1.

and i have a random question.....

does anyone else have a weird work/sleep schedule?
i work 12 hours shifts - and often overnight - which means my sleep habits can be crazy. some days - after working all night - i will goto sleep in the early am, sleep til 2pm, get up, and then try to go back to sleep by 11pm so that the following day can be "normal."

i know that's a lot of info on my wacky sched, but my question is: on my shorter days should i still try to eat all 3 meals and a packet is??? or is it ok to cut a meal/packet???

i find that if i skip, im starving the next day. on the other hand, on my short days, in order to get all the proper meals in, i'm eating even when i'm not remotely hungry.

any ideas/suggestions would be great.
thanks
Old 02-09-2014, 12:33 AM   #404  
IP start date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 189/173.2/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnamakeit View Post
hi all....

i just started phase 1.

i work 12 hours shifts - and often overnight - which means my sleep habits can be crazy. some days - after working all night - i will goto sleep in the early am, sleep til 2pm, get up, and then try to go back to sleep by 11pm so that the following day can be "normal."

i know that's a lot of info on my wacky sched, but my question is: on my shorter days should i still try to eat all 3 meals and a packet is??? or is it ok to cut a meal/packet???

i find that if i skip, im starving the next day. on the other hand, on my short days, in order to get all the proper meals in, i'm eating even when i'm not remotely hungry.

thanks
Hi and welcome, gonnamakeit! I have a crazy schedule too - I have a day job and an evening job, and when I work at both, I'm out of the house from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. I've learned to plan ahead and to make sure I always have my packets and veggies with me. It's hard though. I don't do any overnights, so I'm not sure about your question. There are so many helpful people on here who are very knowledgable, so I'm sure one of them can answer
Old 02-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #405  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulHailie View Post
Hi everyone! I am a newbie! Today is day 6 for me. So far so good! WI is on Monday and I an very excited! Anyone else have PCOS. I have a million questions! Lol

Hailie
Welcome Hailie! Sorry I can't help you out with the PCOS - I had both PCOS and endometriosis which led to a hysterectomy several years ago. My understanding though is that people with PCOS tend to also be insulin resistant so you may want to have a talk with your doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnamakeit View Post
hi all....

i just started phase 1.

thanks
gonnamakeit - it is really important to get all three packets and all the veggies in every day. You might try adding veggies to your packets - for instance, do a spinach shake for breakfast, add pureed veggies to soup for lunch, etc. That might make it easier for you. And the fruity type drinks (peach mango, orange, etc.) are easy to get down and I find perfect for days I'm not terribly hungry but need to get that 3rd packet down. The raspberry jelly is good for that too. Good luck!
Closed Thread