Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
Hi,
I'm a newbie starting day 4 today. I've heard the first three days are the toughest. If that's the case, I'm home free.... However, I did start curbing my carbs way back before starting the diet. I heard it was much easier to transition that way. I did have one small issue yesterday. I went to get a massage at the request of my chiropractor. When I got up I felt like I was going to pass out and nauseous. I didn't think I was going to make it home. Water and a 1 hour nap fixed that.
I've learned so much from reading everyone's posts. You all are very inspiring. I'm happy to be here with you.
VippySue - I have been doing IP for months and I am still occasionally plagued with the same feeling, although it is much more usual in the first weeks.

I know for me that feeling means I need to be more careful about getting in ALL the required items - water, salt, vitamins and yes, the food. The food we do get is so limited that it is super important to get it in you and regularly. Yesterday, I was running a quick errand, did not have any emergency packets with me as I was using a different car(Lisa's number 1 rule of planning broken!)and started to feel really light headed. I had not planned my second meal and thus was too far away from my last meal.

Quick run into McDonalds (first time in years, never my favorite place) and grabbed an egg white McMuffin, no cheese. Threw away the English muffin, ate the egg white and slice of ham. I then accounted for the protein, taking it off my dinner. I felt instantly better.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 161/161/130

Height: 5'1

Unhappy New to site and new to ideal protein

I started ideal protein on Wednesday and so far am down 2 lbs, but today my boss brought me a flour tortilla with meat and I ate the whole thing, I was doing great resisting donuts, pizza, chips until today. What happens to my body since I ate that. Guess I didn't have a lot of will power today.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #198  
Pretty Nurse

S/C/G: 195.5/175.6/?140

Height: 5'6

Weigh in #2 this morning. Down 3.4 and 3.5 inches for a total of 9 lbs and 7 inches in 2 weeks. 7 inches I'm happy with, but 3 lbs! I misquoted my weight loss last week, it was 5.6 lbs not 5.8. I still feel great, clinic wanted me to stay away from WF still, which I'm ok with because I was hoping I'd hit the 10 lbs mark this week, kinda frustrated I didn't. No massage for me this week. Next week! I was hoping for 30-40 lbs in 2 months before I go see Lady Antebellum in March. Everyone keeps telling me my numbers are good, but the perfectionist in says I can do better.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #199  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezjess View Post
I started ideal protein on Wednesday and so far am down 2 lbs, but today my boss brought me a flour tortilla with meat and I ate the whole thing, I was doing great resisting donuts, pizza, chips until today. What happens to my body since I ate that. Guess I didn't have a lot of will power today.
First... breath... you will be ok. The next thing you put in your mouth has to be OP. No more thinking that you will "restart" tomorrow. Restart with your next meal. Mistakes happen, you may have reset your first few days and will have to repeat the headaches and tiredness. Just work hard and inform your family friends and co-workers that you would appreciate their support by not bringing any food to you.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettynurse555 View Post
Weigh in #2 this morning. Down 3.4 and 3.5 inches for a total of 9 lbs and 7 inches in 2 weeks. 7 inches I'm happy with, but 3 lbs! I misquoted my weight loss last week, it was 5.6 lbs not 5.8. I still feel great, clinic wanted me to stay away from WF still, which I'm ok with because I was hoping I'd hit the 10 lbs mark this week, kinda frustrated I didn't. No massage for me this week. Next week! I was hoping for 30-40 lbs in 2 months before I go see Lady Antebellum in March. Everyone keeps telling me my numbers are good, but the perfectionist in says I can do better.
are you kidding? your losses are great. today was my 2nd WI and was down 0.6 lbs for a total of 4.6lbs in 2 weeks, you have nearly doubled that!

You have to be realistic about the weight loss. Your age, post meno, thyroid & gender all play a part, as well as, your starting weight. Keep up the good work, but don't expect "huge" losses every week, you will set yourself up for disappointment. YOU ARE doing GREAT!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 161/161/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
First... breath... you will be ok. The next thing you put in your mouth has to be OP. No more thinking that you will "restart" tomorrow. Restart with your next meal. Mistakes happen, you may have reset your first few days and will have to repeat the headaches and tiredness. Just work hard and inform your family friends and co-workers that you would appreciate their support by not bringing any food to you.
Thank you, very true I will not restart tomorrow but will start on my next meal. I was doing so good too especially with the vegetables! Haven't had headaches or nauseous but I do feel tired.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #202  
Pretty Nurse

S/C/G: 195.5/175.6/?140

Height: 5'6

Bellamack- thanks for your kind words. I'm a perfectionist, setting high goals is what I do. My goal for next week will be more realistic to avoid disappointment. I am doing good, 7 inches is awesome, was just really hoping to hit that 10 lb loss this week. But I will for sure next week! Then, I'm treating myself to a massage!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #203  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettynurse555 View Post
Don't use "only" before weight loss. Any loss is a loss. You also need to set realistic goals for yourself. 40 lbs in 2 months is a lot. You would have to lose 5 lbs each week. You are most likely not going to have week 1 type of loss numbers every week. Just stick to the program and you will lose. Unfortunately it isn't ever fast enough, everyone feels that way. Your perfectionist self (I am totally a perfectionist too) needs to work the program correctly and stay on 100% OP and not be perfectionist about the amount of weight you lose each week. You are doing SUPER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
are you kidding? your losses are great. today was my 2nd WI and was down 0.6 lbs for a total of 4.6lbs in 2 weeks, you have nearly doubled that!

You have to be realistic about the weight loss. Your age, post meno, thyroid & gender all play a part, as well as, your starting weight. Keep up the good work, but don't expect "huge" losses every week, you will set yourself up for disappointment. YOU ARE doing GREAT!
Totally agree with Bellamack. If you pressure yourself too much you will set your self up for disappointment and that could affect your losses.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
Welcome Vippysue! I'm on day four of my reboot (I cheated on my birthday) and feeling good. I have a massage on Monday so I hope That doesn't happen to me!
I hope it doesn't happen to you either. I would recommend being well hydrated when you go in. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 260

Height: 5'4

Is there a way to kow for sure if you are in Ketosis?
Old 01-18-2014, 08:27 AM   #206  
172pds now

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

Default Caren , losing fat

Hi- I have been at a stall at 175. But have gone down one dress size. so I have lost inches not weight..........
Does any one know how I can lose weight.???????/I was using the south Beach diet, but it isnt working.???????????

thank you, in Arizona, Caren
Old 01-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #207  
172pds now

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

ok I will use Sasy401 in the future
Old 01-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #208  
jlj

S/C/G: 180/171/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I just finished weigh in for week two. This attempt is my first with IP or any "diet" really. I've tried healthy eating habits and exercise, but fluctuate too much that way. I was content in my slow, healthy habit building, but then gained 10 lbs over the holidays and decided that was it. I wanted the extra weight off. I joined IP on Jan 2 and started the diet the next day. I've made some mistakes (like eating a boiled egg for breakfast... I thought I could count it towards my 8 oz.), but overall have been having fun with the way the diet works. I probably rely on quick things rather than attempting to use the recipes. I need to try more of the ones you guys are posting. After two weeks, I'm back in my pants I was wearing before the holidays! It's awesome to me that I lost it faster than I gained it! Now just 30-40 lbs to go....
Old 01-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasyblond401 View Post
Hi- I have been at a stall at 175. But have gone down one dress size. so I have lost inches not weight..........
Does any one know how I can lose weight.???????/I was using the south Beach diet, but it isnt working.???????????

thank you, in Arizona, Caren
You're not in a stall if you've gone down a dress size and are losing inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj View Post
Hi! I just finished weigh in for week two. This attempt is my first with IP or any "diet" really. I've tried healthy eating habits and exercise, but fluctuate too much that way. I was content in my slow, healthy habit building, but then gained 10 lbs over the holidays and decided that was it. I wanted the extra weight off. I joined IP on Jan 2 and started the diet the next day. I've made some mistakes (like eating a boiled egg for breakfast... I thought I could count it towards my 8 oz.), but overall have been having fun with the way the diet works. I probably rely on quick things rather than attempting to use the recipes. I need to try more of the ones you guys are posting. After two weeks, I'm back in my pants I was wearing before the holidays! It's awesome to me that I lost it faster than I gained it! Now just 30-40 lbs to go....
Welcome! Keep up the great work!

You are more than welcome to eat a boiled egg and count it towards your protein. If you do have that for breakfast have 6 oz at dinner!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #210  

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallytime View Post
Is there a way to kow for sure if you are in Ketosis?
Yup. Follow the plan. In a few days, you'll get some weird symptoms including the driest mouth you've ever had, with a perhaps a metallic taste. If you google Kestosis symptoms, you'll get a whole list. You'll probably have 3-5 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj View Post
You CAN count the egg toward your 8 oz. Many people split up their 8 oz b/c they find it too much at one sitting. Not me. But many do.
The problem is one egg isn't as much protein as a packet, which would keep you going longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasyblond401 View Post
So a stall is defined as no movement on scale or measuring tape for at least 4 weeks.
If you've gone down a size, you've definitely had movement on the measuring tape.
We get so attached to the SCALE. But isn't how we look and feel what we really want to change?
And you posted on the Ideal Protein forum. Are you using this plan now?

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-18-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Closed Thread