Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #151  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimmerBySummer View Post
My doc pointed to the number and told me that's what my BMI was. I'm going to assume it's inaccurate and go by how I feel.

My first breakfast was "crispy cereal". Three bites and I decided it wasn't for me. I had a vanilla pre-made with my coffee. I miss half and half already.
I can understand your pain regarding missing half and half. However I am getting used to it now. I also cut out using all Splenda in my hot drinks - I was using too much. Now a couple days a week I mix it with the chocolate RTD. It tastes like a mocha. I can't wait to try the butterscotch pudding (mixed as a drink) with chai tea
Old 01-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #152  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimmerBySummer View Post
My first breakfast was "crispy cereal". Three bites and I decided it wasn't for me. I had a vanilla pre-made with my coffee. I miss half and half already.
Some people find that adding ice cold water makes the cereal better. Me, I just turn it into a pancake! I love crispy cereal pancakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justine17 View Post
Hi There,

I've been on IP for a week now and already down 9lbs!(pretty sure that's what I gained over the holidays tho)

A little about myself

I'm 27 with two small boys 2.5 and 1. I never had an issue with my weight and had always been able to eat what I want, but after two pregnancy that has all changed. I'm excited the learn some healthy eating habit and to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
Congrats on getting through your first week and welcome!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #153  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I tried the crispy cereal the fist week (it came in my starter variety pack) and I didn't care for it. I wish I had a packet now to try mad make pancakes. I'm not willing to invest in an entire box in case I don't like it.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
I tried the crispy cereal the fist week (it came in my starter variety pack) and I didn't care for it. I wish I had a packet now to try mad make pancakes. I'm not willing to invest in an entire box in case I don't like it.

CC, my doc has some individual packets you can trade in for something else if you don't like an item - one for one.

I'll try the pancakes as I have another packet of cereal. Thanks for the tip, Ruth Ann!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:43 PM   #155  
Start date 1-13-14

S/C/G: 195/172.5/145

Height: 5'4

What are some snacks you eat on Ideal Protein diet. I'm on day one and so hungry !
Old 01-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #156  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Hurrah View Post
What are some snacks you eat on Ideal Protein diet. I'm on day one and so hungry !
If you've already had 3 packs, I would go ahead and have another one - one of the lower carb ones (i.e. not restricted) like raspberry jelly. During the first week or so you can have an extra packet to help with the hunger.

If you've already had 4, drinking hot herbal tea, more water, eating lettuce works. Or just go to bed! I went to bed early a lot the first week or so.

Hang in there, it really does get better!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:17 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 213/199/130

Height: 5ft5

Hola!! I am totally new to Ideal Protein and chat forums! I hope I'm posting in the right place. :} I have been religiously following this website for the past week as I just started the IP diet on Jan 11. I went through 2 days of complete fog and exhaustion, and fear that I had made a mistake. However, I woke up this morning with mental clarity, energy, and positivity...I am almost scared it's too good to be true! Thats just the fatalist in me. I am so inspired by reading the countless stories of success on here. I am really making an effort for the first time in my life (I'm 34) to lose weight. I have never been on a diet before. I can't wait to see what the next week and beyond brings. I would love to strike up some online friendships with others who are truly dedicating themselves to their own goals. It's so easy as women to give and give and have people take take take from you (at least in my life) that we get into this way of life where we don't put that same effort into caring for ourselves.
Something that's helping me start this process is getting very organized with the food, meal planning, but also contemplation, meditation, painting and writing. I would love to hear what others are doing to stay focused and to kick the habits that are so tasty. hah
That was long winded!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 161/153/120

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Day 4 IP baby here! I started cutting out carbs, sugar, and booze a week prior and then started the IP protocol 100% last Saturday. My hubs and I are doing it together to prepare ourselves for our Maui trip in March! (unfortunately for me he has lost 10 lbs his first week low carb!!!) so I need to stick with this plan 100%!!!! My plan is hopefully to get to goal and phase off before vacation then go back on plan when we return. This is def going to be a new lifestyle for us! My husband lost 55lbs in 3 months on IP last year! It definitely works!! Stick with it everyone!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 207/174/150

Height: 5"3'

Default Day 3

Day 3 and I'm not feeling hungry which is a good thing. I've already discovered that I was drinking most of my calories throughout the day via my sugar laden coffees with half n half and my tall glasses of orange juice. I've actually found I'm eating more that I had been. I didn't like the mushroom soup, but thought the chicken was acceptable/not great. Raspberry jelly (jello) was a nice treat - hit the sweet tooth spot. Still struggling with veggie preps for dinner since it's a different approach and selection of veggies. Going to review recipe ideas for the rest of this week and I check in with my coach tomorrow. One day at a time, I can do this!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #160  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Welcome MarisolParisol, ang2576 and candoit in Lincoln! This is a great board for getting ideas, tips and support.

Getting started is always hard, but it gets easier (really!). I find that planning and preparing is essential - I plan my meals out a week in advance and have a back up plan since sometimes, well, life happens. Doing the prep work is a huge help - veggies already cut up, meat portioned into the right amount, etc. makes things so much easier.

Looking forward to seeing more of you around here!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #161  
Start date 1-13-14

Can you have sugar free gum on IP diet ?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #162  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Hurrah View Post
Can you have sugar free gum on IP diet ?
I think different clinics have different rules on gum. Mine allows 3 pieces of Orbit gum a day.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #163  
Start date 1-13-14

Thanks. I will check with my coach.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:56 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

May I join?

I'm brand new to the boards and signed up for IP today. I have a significant amount of weight to lose (110lbs) but am making 50lbs my first goal.

I do well with a support system, so here I am. My husband is on board with me doing this but is hesitant for himself. I think that may change once he sees me start to lose.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
May I join?

I'm brand new to the boards and signed up for IP today. I have a significant amount of weight to lose (110lbs) but am making 50lbs my first goal.

I do well with a support system, so here I am. My husband is on board with me doing this but is hesitant for himself. I think that may change once he sees me start to lose.
Welcome!
110 is my goal, too!
You might want to break it into smaller increments
Perhaps 20?
Closed Thread