Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #121  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marceylou View Post
I just wanted to say hello all! I am a total newbie! I tried IP last year for about one month. I had great results but couldn't afford it and ultimately gained back my losses. I have decided this is the year for change. I am in a program waiting to do a gastric sleeve. However, I really don't want that. I just want to be healthy. So I decided to give the diet track an earnest effort and put the surgery on hold. After all, gastric surgery is imposing VLCD - I can do that with out stitches. I have a long way to go, but right now I am looking at the first 20 pounds. One of the biggest challenges with this program is that I have celiacs disease so most of the soups are off limits - I am trying to figure out ways to jazz up the ones I can have.

I was wanting to know if any of you had used other products other than IP products as they are really expensive for a one income family person. If so, what is comparable?

Also, because I have knee problems, what are some exercise regimens that have worked for others with similar conditions?

Thanks Everyone in advance. I am looking forward to participating on this board and can't wait to lose some pounds!
Marcylou, Welcome.

I had Lap Band surgery July 2008. I lost some (I am now lower than that after being on IP since July 2013). I still have some of the benefits of the Lap Band (restriction on how much I can physically eat). I applaud you for trying this program while you are waiting for sleeve surgery. You might find that you like this better and won't need the surgery. I know that if I could go back in time and tell myself about IP, I might not have had surgery. But then again hindsight is 20/20.

Anyway, welcome aboard. Use these threads/forums they help immensely. If you experience something most likely someone here has experienced the same thing and can give you pointers or recommendations.

Best of luck
Old 01-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #122  
finding me again

S/C/G: 236/235/130

Height: 5'4"

Default off to a good start

Hello everyone.
So I have completed a full week. YEA. I did have a bit of a "whoops" over the weekend. I was out of town at a b-ball tournament with my daughter. Although I didn't stay on the plan so well, I found that I made way better choices. That is progress.
I am happy to share even with the "wild weekend" I still lost 5 pounds. When I weighed in, I was shocked... in a good way! (I was just hoping to not gain.)
Thank you to all who have been posting, It is nice to have friends with me on this journey.

Stay strong and motivated. ~S
Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Default Starting Today

Hello there, My name is Mary and at 3:30 pm EST today I have my first consultation to join IP. I am also brand new to 3FC. I have seen the success of the program through a colleague/friend...to be honest I was using her as a guinea pig to see how it worked for her. My friend and I are identical in that we would have a new weight loss angle every month, but both of us would slip up usually within the first week....was almost an ongoing joke "what's the new weight loss method this month?"...but really having extra weight is not funny. So she has lost over 20 pounds in 5 weeks, and is still a firm believer in the program.....so it's my turn.

I'm very excited. I have probably 30-40 pounds to lose but I just don't have the desire to exercise hard lately. I don't mind walking though, so I know that's recommended in the IP program. I'm not particularly a sweet fanatic, so I know that I have that advantage. I just like food...and I have a desk job...so that leads to weight gain.

I think I will struggle with the cost of the program, so after some success I will do some research in the IP alternatives forum and perhaps find some products available in Canada...and possibly transition into the less expensive method. We'll see. I just think I'll benefit from the investment in the beginning.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to checking in more often. I'm checking out the stickies as we speak.

Last edited by Sheriously; 01-10-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #124  
Pretty Nurse

S/C/G: 195.5/175.6/?140

Height: 5'6

Default First week weigh in

Weighed in this morning after a 12h night shift. Got off at 7, went shopping and weighed in at 10. Weight loss was 5.8 lbs and 3 inches. I'm disappointed with my week 1 weigh in. I stuck to the plan to a T, no gum etc etc and was hoping for more of an 8 or 9. I do feel my clothes fitting better and the girls at work think my "tummy" has shrunk. Here's hoping! 5 lbs is ok, but for the effort I put in I was hoping for a better #.

Here's to next week.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #125  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettynurse555 View Post
Weighed in this morning after a 12h night shift. Got off at 7, went shopping and weighed in at 10. Weight loss was 5.8 lbs and 3 inches. I'm disappointed with my week 1 weigh in. I stuck to the plan to a T, no gum etc etc and was hoping for more of an 8 or 9. I do feel my clothes fitting better and the girls at work think my "tummy" has shrunk. Here's hoping! 5 lbs is ok, but for the effort I put in I was hoping for a better #.

Here's to next week.
Congratulations! 5.8 is awesome! You have to remember that you are starting at a lower weight and won't usually have the same loss as folks starting higher. Some weeks will he high and some weeks will be low. I even had a week (well 4 days) where I showed a gain and I have been 100% since day 1. Just stick to it and it will work!

Nancy
Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #126  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Newbie - Day 3

I started on Thursday, and overall feel great. Morning headache, but that seems to go away quickly. Thanks for all of the support!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #127  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
I started on Thursday, and overall feel great. Morning headache, but that seems to go away quickly. Thanks for all of the support!
Congrats on getting through the first few days! Some people have a hard time getting into ketosis and some have no problem at all. Here's hoping you are in the latter group!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 01-11-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 304/292/150

Height: 5'9

Well hello, My names Melinda. It's my second week on IP (lost 3 LBS so far), My father had talked about it and i never really showed interest. I lost my Nana this Christmas and it changed me to thinking that life is short, and i want to live a healthier life. I have Crone's Disease and IBS. Thankfully not severe. But Ive been a big girl my whole life, and its time to loose the weight, the most important thing to me is to be healthy. So hears to being healthy Girls Cheers!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORgeek View Post
Well hello, My names Melinda. It's my second week on IP (lost 3 LBS so far), My father had talked about it and i never really showed interest. I lost my Nana this Christmas and it changed me to thinking that life is short, and i want to live a healthier life. I have Crone's Disease and IBS. Thankfully not severe. But Ive been a big girl my whole life, and its time to loose the weight, the most important thing to me is to be healthy. So hears to being healthy Girls Cheers!
Welcome Melinda. I had a friend who lost 50 on IP in 2011. I ignored the info for 8 months until I got miserable enough to change. Now I'm not stopping until I get to goal!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORgeek View Post
Welcome Melinda.. Sorry for the loss of your Nana. Glad you made the decision to join us on this journey!!! This is a great place for support, and because we are such a varied group you will likely find folks with similar health challenges!! Welcome and enjoy the ride!!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 175/152.6/113

Height: 5'

Default First week, first post

I'm a baby here on day 4 of IP. I've been feeling a little resentful because I haven't had a weight loss whoosh yet. I know I need to stay off the scale! I also know that for me, comparisons lead to resentment and resentment will eventually lead to negative action...so I am really grateful for this site and all the experience and information it has. I'm also looking for positive things my body can tell me. I just sucked in my stomach and it went in farther that it has in years! I couldn't even suck it in a few weeks ago.

I'm looking for health in addition to weight loss. I want to be able to come off my blood pressure meds and just feel good again!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizliz View Post
I'm a baby here on day 4 of IP. I've been feeling a little resentful because I haven't had a weight loss whoosh yet. I know I need to stay off the scale! I also know that for me, comparisons lead to resentment and resentment will eventually lead to negative action...so I am really grateful for this site and all the experience and information it has. I'm also looking for positive things my body can tell me. I just sucked in my stomach and it went in farther that it has in years! I couldn't even suck it in a few weeks ago.

I'm looking for health in addition to weight loss. I want to be able to come off my blood pressure meds and just feel good again!

Welcome MizLiz!!! We are quite a fun bunch. There is sooooo much info on the site. I would direct you to the stickies on the IP main page, as well as the links in the first post on the Daily or Weekend chat. Hiding the scale works for some, weighing daily works for others. If daily makes you nuts, then stay away. If it is a positive thing and helps you stay focused (and if you can handle daily fluctuations) then go for it. We try to do things that are positive for ourselves. Personally I can beat myself up better than any person or scale in the whole world!! Negativity got some of us here, and likely won't get us back!!! Love yourself. You are worth it!! Welcome.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 175/152.6/113

Height: 5'

Thanks for the wonderful welcome! We are excellent self beaters, aren't we? I'm trying not to give myself any messages that put me in negative space. The only negative space I want is in my clothes!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #134  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone,
I started IP originally in 2009 and went from 209 lbs to 150 lbs. I slowly gained the weight back and then some, due to lack of discipline and a particularly stressful event in my life. I started again this Monday and I am down 8 lbs. I am back to regain control of my life and to be healthier. Looking forward to interacting with you all.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmcakes View Post
Hello everyone,
I started IP originally in 2009 and went from 209 lbs to 150 lbs. I slowly gained the weight back and then some, due to lack of discipline and a particularly stressful event in my life. I started again this Monday and I am down 8 lbs. I am back to regain control of my life and to be healthier. Looking forward to interacting with you all.
Welcome back Emm and congrats on the week one loss. There are many of us in your boat. Join us on the restaurateurs thread as well.
Closed Thread