Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #61  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalou1970 View Post
I tried to find the answer to this question in other threads, but couldn't. I am very interested in the recipies using the packets. My question is: how do you count the additional food items like the eggs in recipies or using the crispy cereal to coat chicken? Isnt that adding extra protein or an extra packet?
Lindalou, I'm stalking you! No, actually, you just happened to ask two good questions and I already responded to your question in the daily chat.

On the mixing packets and protein - it all counts. If you use the cereal to coat the chicken it counts as a packet. I personally rarely combine my protein with a packet because I get hungry! At most I will take a tablespoon of the potato puree and use that as a coating for pork chops or chicken.

If you add a whole egg to something you should probably subtract 2 oz of protein from your dinner protein (I think that's the right conversion, more experienced people will correct me if I'm wrong). Many people consider a couple of egg whites a day as "free." Different coaches tell people different things.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #62  

Default restart

Hi there-
Lost my weight last spring (about 15 pounds) and need a reboot after the holidays, probably having gained back 5-7 pounds. This is Day 2 for me. Although I have been lurking since spring, this is my first post. I am hoping that by posting, it will give me accountability because I have been having trouble re-starting. Thanks for the support!

Kelly
Old 12-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi;

I've been on IP since the beginning of November and love it! We are going on a holiday in a few weeks so I'm phasing off, then will go back to Phase 1 when I return, to lose the rest of my weight. My question is, I'm starting Phase 2 this week so am wondering if I can still expect to lose weight and if anyone has had any digestive issues with eating so much protein?
Old 12-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelbel1210 View Post
Hi there-
Lost my weight last spring (about 15 pounds) and need a reboot after the holidays, probably having gained back 5-7 pounds. This is Day 2 for me. Although I have been lurking since spring, this is my first post. I am hoping that by posting, it will give me accountability because I have been having trouble re-starting. Thanks for the support!

Kelly
Hey Kelly! Welcome! Check out this article about getting back on a low carb plan and the ways to deal with the extra hunger accompanied with going off plan for a bit. It's very helpful!

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19058156.php
Old 12-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #65  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

I'm back after a few years off and on of Ideal Protein. Weight slowly came back on. Was down to 149 in Dec of 2010 and now I am right back where I started less 3 pounds. I could kick myself. Didn't phase off and just started old habits. Decided to restart yesterday and not wait for the New Year.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
Awesome!! To be honest I don't blame you for not wanting to start tomorrow. It's New Years! There will be parties and alcohol and sweets oh my! I only started after Christmas b/c it was do or die time for sugar in my house and I had already told the husband no more sugar after Christmas.
Yes! I agree with you. Plus I am going on a mini vacation from weds to Sunday. But in the end after a lot of thought last night I started this morning. I told myself no excuses come on. There are always holidays or birthdays etc. So I did start and feel tired today. We will see how the next couple of days go! Hope you are doing well still! When is your second week weigh in?
Old 12-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I'm back after a few years off and on of Ideal Protein. Weight slowly came back on. Was down to 149 in Dec of 2010 and now I am right back where I started less 3 pounds. I could kick myself. Didn't phase off and just started old habits. Decided to restart yesterday and not wait for the New Year.
We have all been here. In spring of 2011 I weighed 145 and swore I would never be where I am right now again...well here I am starting IP for the first time today. So glad that you chose to come back!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

I am starting my 3rd week on IP. Nine days into it, we left for Miami for vacation. Although I'm probably not following protocol to perfection, I have really been eating low carb and using my 3 packets per day. I am enjoying this lifestyle and feel great!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 255/239/175

Height: 5'7"

Sarah - Thanks for the encouragement! I live in the Issaquah area and know quite a few people successfully on the program. Do you live in the area?

Last edited by Brilliant; 12-31-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
Hey Kelly! Welcome! Check out this article about getting back on a low carb plan and the ways to deal with the extra hunger accompanied with going off plan for a bit. It's very helpful!

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19058156.php
Thank you - that article is very helpful. I always get so stressed out when I have a huge gain, even when I know 100% it is a water gain. It's nice to have the science spelled out for me!

Just finished my salad of tuna, cucumbers, romaine and chopped pickles. I just love chopped pickles in my salads!

Kelly
Old 12-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Well, I'm usually not much of a poster in forums but figure its a new start and maybe I will do better with some accountability and encouragement!

Just started the "at home" version of IP after talking to my cousin over the holidays who had great results. Its been only a few days and my body is just starting to adjust. I'm pretty much still hungry for the most part of the day, and am really struggling with the 2 full cups of veggies. I don't know what to do with them and eating them plain is killing me! But I'm sticking with it, at least until I see what the results are like.

So hi everyone
Old 12-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
Sarah - Thanks for the encouragement! I live in the Issaquah area and know quite a few people successfully on the program. Do you live in the area?
That's awesome! I am from Ellensburg originally and still have family there. But am currently living in Lynnwood.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:59 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Lindalou, I'm stalking you! No, actually, you just happened to ask two good questions and I already responded to your question in the daily chat.
Ruth ann, thanks so much for your response your answers are very helpful. I am pretty hungry during the day so i will keep my packets seperate too! I hope the hunger goes away soon!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:58 AM   #74  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelbel1210 View Post
Hi there-

Kelly
Good luck on your restart Kelbel! Check out the What Are You Eating Today thread - for some reason posting your day's plan for everyone to see kind of helps you make the commitment - at least it does for me. I think there's an accountability factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
Yes! I agree with you. Plus I am going on a mini vacation from weds to Sunday. But in the end after a lot of thought last night I started this morning. I told myself no excuses come on. There are always holidays or birthdays etc. So I did start and feel tired today. We will see how the next couple of days go! Hope you are doing well still! When is your second week weigh in?
Exactly SarahJ - there are always special events, birthdays, holidays, sunny days, etc., etc. If we go off plan for every single one we'll never get where we want to be. I started in April 2013 and have been 100% on plan through my birthday, the summer fun, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc., not to mention 2 surgeries. And you know what it got me? 91 pounds and 67 inches gone! So I think you have a great attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
Well, I'm usually not much of a poster in forums but figure its a new start and maybe I will do better with some accountability and encouragement!

Just started the "at home" version of IP after talking to my cousin over the holidays who had great results. Its been only a few days and my body is just starting to adjust. I'm pretty much still hungry for the most part of the day, and am really struggling with the 2 full cups of veggies. I don't know what to do with them and eating them plain is killing me! But I'm sticking with it, at least until I see what the results are like.

So hi everyone
Blondie, check out the recipe threads - lots of veggie recipes and purees to add to soups, etc. to help you get your veggies in. Kale chips and spinach cook down to almost nothing so are easy ones. And just to clarify - you do know that it's 4 cups of veggies you need per day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalou1970 View Post
Ruth ann, thanks so much for your response your answers are very helpful. I am pretty hungry during the day so i will keep my packets seperate too! I hope the hunger goes away soon!
You're welcome lindalou! And for me the hunger subsided fairly quickly except when I'd forget or get too busy to eat. In the meantime, chug the water and decaf tea!

For all the starters and re-starters - I wish you a successful journey in 2014, you can can do this and will be a much healthier you this time next year!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 01-01-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
Hey Sarah! Glad you decided to start welcome to the plan! I hope your second day is going well! I'm still chugging along here. I'm doing this without a coach for financial reasons but getting my packets off ebay. I weigh myself every morning.
Closed Thread